Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I doubt that the initiative will make it to the ballot or pass if it does (in the era of brexit/Trump who knows) but if it somehow did as a donor state and the worlds sixth largest economy I think they could be a viable country.

They get a lot of their water from outside of the state, and those states have many people who are not thrilled with it. It'd be a perfect opportunity to get rid of those deals.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I really hope they succeed! :oldthumbsup:
We can't make it that easy on you guys... Someone has to be the thorn in conservatives' sides and we're happy to assume the mantle.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just another rebellion against authority avenue - Scripture addresses rebellion.
That is literally how the US was created.... In rebellion against established authority.

• Haha
Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A recent poll found that one in three California residents would support a possible secession from the U.S. due to their opposition to President Trump.

organizers in Sacremento just got the go ahead to collect signatures for its ballot initiative.

What that means is, if they collect enough signatures, they’ll be on the 2018 ballot, and the people will vote if they want to stay or go.

Officials announce proposal that would establish California as separate nation

LOL : California Takes Next Step to Officially Secede From U.S.

With the election of Donald Trump and the backlash to some of his early moves in office, Americans are rediscovering nationalism. But confusion reigns over what American nationalism really is. Does it have to be federalist, for instance? Does it have to be liberal? In one of the great ironies of the political season, these kinds of questions are thrown into sharp relief by the strangest nationalist movement now underway — in California.

California Really Has What It Takes to Secede

An old navy seal buddy of mine (who lived in California for most of his life) had said to me (some 5 years ago) that it looked more like a 3rd world country.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,698.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
While I don't think this particular plan is going to go anywhere; I don't think the USA is safe because the Constitution doesn't "allow" for secession.

The election of Trump is a symptom of a growing problem and division within this nation of 50 states. Many of the issues at stake don't lend themselves to compromise.

At some point we will either be less free & remain shackled together or we will not be united in our current configuration.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An old navy seal buddy of mine (who lived in California for most of his life) had said to me (some 5 years ago) that it looked more like a 3rd world country.
I think someone must of lived in the bad part of Los Angeles or Compton. Because I live in Ca. It's not even a rich area. And my area doesn't look like a 3th world country.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People are just throwing a fit about Trump. California's not going to secede any time soon.
I think, it more about not trusting him. I was hoping he was putting on a act. But now I think he's just horrible on things. And it doesn't seem like he's going to improve.
4. If California were to secede, it would be taking an enormous risk with regard to natural disasters. If California were to secede, they wouldn't receive any federal assistance if these natural disasters occur. It seems unlikely that Californians would take such a risk.
I don't see Trump giving Ca federal assistance unless he was forced. Unless someone else in charge of that. I think he would fight against it.
Praying for you and California too. :hug:
I'm not sure, If trust some peoples prayers. They seemed to want to pray Liberals and LBGT people away. Some people even want to pray Ca away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I don't see Trump giving Ca federal assistance unless he was forced. Unless someone else in charge of that. I think he would fight against it.

Cat Woman, I agree....I don't think Trump would give federal assistance to California unless he was forced to do so.
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
FTR, California is the sixth largest economy in the world surpassed only by the US itself, China, Japan, Germany, and Great Britain.

California Passes France As World's 6th-Largest Economy

(More general comparisons: Comparison between U.S. states and countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia )
Yup, if California could recede, and I seriously do not think that it can, I don't think aid from the U.S. government would be needed by it. When it comes to federal taxes versus federal consumption of tax money I have a feeling that California is giving more than it is taking.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,698.00
Faith
Atheist
Yup, if California could recede, and I seriously do not think that it can, I don't think aid from the U.S. government would be needed by it. When it comes to federal taxes versus federal consumption of tax money I have a feeling that California is giving more than it is taking.
That was my thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"California to break off from the US?"
Nope, won't happen (Unless you're talking about a Mega quake)
I'm sure many people would love that. Sad.

Upvote 0