United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
California pastor explains Trump vote with 'clear conscience'

The leader of an influential California megachurch says he's voting for President Trump with "confidence" after comparing his accomplishments to Joe Biden's nearly half-century-long voting record.

Bill Johnson, a fifth-generation pastor and senior leader of Bethel Church in Redding, located in the northern part of the Golden State, shared his reasoning in an op-ed for The Christian Post, saying the mainstream media has falsely portrayed the president as a "racist, misogynist, and xenophobe."

The "Born for Significance" author said it's surprising to many that Trump has "undeniably accomplished — or attempted to accomplish — a majority of his main campaign promises" during his first term. Johnson said it's "an honorable character trait of any elected official to follow through on their commitments."

“For me it is worthy of note that I’ve never seen a president who loved prayer as much as Donald Trump — and that includes from those I voted for and those I didn’t," Johnson, who regularly preaches on revival and the Holy Spirit, said. "His passion for godly counsel is also legendary. His historic actions for Israel should appeal to believers, as the biblical mandate to pray supportively for Jerusalem is a clear priority in scripture."

Continued below.
California pastor explains Trump vote with 'clear conscience'