California McDonald’s employee assaulted by customer in drive-thru window over mask policy

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Oakland location mandates face coverings even in the drive-thru

A California McDonald’s employee claims she was grabbed and assaulted by a customer after she told him he would have to wear a mask in the drive-thru.

Maria Resendiz, 19, was working at a McDonald’s in Oakland Saturday when she said a man drove up to the window to pick-up his order and was not wearing a mask. Resendiz allegedly told the man masks were required and refused to give him his food – what she claims the restaurant owner Michael Smith told her to do if a customer did not comply with the mask rule, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Resendiz said the man responded to her with threats and “racially charged language” before he drove off and parked his car, SacBee reported. The unidentified suspect then walked back to the window, forced it open and “was able to hit [her] repeatedly.”

“He grabbed my neck and my shirt,” Resendiz said in the complaint filed with the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Chronicle reported.

Continued below.
California McDonald’s employee assaulted by customer in drive-thru window over mask policy

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anybody else weirded out by the kind of behavior that COVID has evoked in our fellow man? It's just like Germans who sold out Jews and people who helped Jews... we get phone calls every day in our newsroom from people anonymously tipping us that such-and-such business isn't following the government mandated rules for reopening (allegedly), or that some insider believes some restaurant had an employee test positive and they're not telling anyone.

Suddenly everyone's a narc. It's like Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany... everyone's way to willing and able to report on other citizens. It's all very gestapo.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm mandated to wear a mask... I conceal carry so I'm mandated to not wear a mask...
I've decided that it's best to open carry, wear a cowboy hat and boots, and use a bandana as my mask. This should make COVID life much easier.

I'm in rural Appalachia. Even where it's mandated it seems to be enforced by only a few who are paranoid. It's really causing tension in small communities, etc. Destabilization seems to be a driving force here

If I'm not allowed to post here let me know.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm mandated to wear a mask... I conceal carry so I'm mandated to not wear a mask...
I've decided that it's best to open carry, wear a cowboy hat and boots, and use a bandana as my mask. This should make COVID life much easier.

I'm in rural Appalachia. Even where it's mandated it seems to be enforced by only a few who are paranoid. It's really causing tension in small communities, etc. Destabilization seems to be a driving force here

You are allowed to fellowship and post here as long as you don’t argue for anything that goes against Catholic Faith or beliefs. So you’re good. Welcome! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

You're very welcome here!

I agree with what you say about masks causing tension.

This is the world as we knew it, turned upside down, where the good guys are the ones wearing masks, and the villain's are..,. unmasked, for all to recognize? sounds about right.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0