• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cakes and stuff

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by DZoolander, Dec 5, 2017.

1. DZoolander

DZoolander Regular Member

+1,053
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    random thought -

If baking a cake for a gay wedding is endorsing homosexuality, then voting for a pedophile is endorsing pedophilia. You don’t get to have it both ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member

+2,042
    Catholic
    Married
    I don't vote for known pedophiles or other known letchers. The government has yet to try to force me to do so.

3. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Evangelical Catholic Supporter

+4,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    They see some kind of magic in a wedding ceremony (and in the case of a "gay wedding" , it's bad joojoo). Which is very un-Protestant honestly, it's downright superstitious. Lutherans, at least in my church, teach nothing of that . All the magic happens in the bedroom (ka-ching).

4. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member

+2,042
    Catholic
    Married
    A sacrament maybe?
    A simulated sacrament maybe?
    Sure. Because Protestants don't do the sacrament of matrimony. Downright sacramental, er, um, superstitious. And would consequently not need to adhere to any belief about marriage being between a man and a woman following Mt 12: 4-6.