✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain spoke to the LORD in Genesis 4:
14 "Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Cain was afraid of his own relatives: brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, etc. They, the avenger of blood (Numbers 35:19-27) might attempt revenge killing.

See Where did Cain's wife come from?.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain spoke to the LORD in Genesis 4:

Cain was afraid of his own relatives: brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, etc. They, the avenger of blood (Numbers 35:19-27) might attempt revenge killing.

See Where did Cain's wife come from?.
This is definitely the Christian world view however I do have my suspicions that this view may not be entirely accurate. Starting with those who were not the sons of God. The giants. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
all
כָּל־ (kāl-)
Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's 3605: The whole, all, any, every

You misunderstand. "All" is not there in the verse. It is absent.

Attachments

• Genesis 3.20 all interlinear.png
    Genesis 3.20 all interlinear.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

benadamm

Mar 30, 2019
arizona
✟18,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
It's entirely possible there were humans outside of the offspring of Adam and Eve.
If that were true they would not be people Cain would fear. Cain had not violated anyone outside of the offspring of Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If that were true they would not be people Cain would fear. Cain had not violated anyone outside of the offspring of Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve were God's representatives of the human race. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Adam and Eve were the only or even earliest humans on Earth.

Upvote 0

benadamm

Mar 30, 2019
arizona
✟18,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Adam and Eve were God's representatives of the human race. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Adam and Eve were the only or even earliest humans on Earth.
Other humans would be radically different having not inherited death and not be in a fallen state. It's obvious that there are no humans alive today radically different from the rest of us. We all share one human nature. There is little evidence to support there were other humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Other humans would be radically different having not inherited death and not be in a fallen state. It's obvious that there are no humans alive today radically different from the rest of us. We all share one human nature. There is little evidence to support there were other humans.

I think Augustine argued that death was present before the fall. It's a topic that has been debated throughout the ages.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Westminster Leningrad Codex:
וַיִּקְרָ֧א הָֽאָדָ֛ם שֵׁ֥ם אִשְׁתֹּ֖ו חַוָּ֑ה כִּ֛י הִ֥וא הָֽיְתָ֖ה אֵ֥ם כָּל־חָֽי׃

That is interesting. Different Hebrew texts, it steems.

I have not read these books myself but if you would like to get an interesting take, here are two books on the subject.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Jews' counting of time does not concern itself with what happened before Adam became a living being in the image and likeness of God. Genesis 1:26 That is why this is Year 5784 according to the Jewish calendar.

Genesis 2:7 then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Adam is the father of all mankind.

Romans 5:12 Therefore as sin came into the world through one man
(Adam) and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all men sinned—

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums