Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why did God have respect toward Ables sacrifice, but not Cain?

Abel in faith gave his best in a blood sacrifice, Cain did not give his best in a bloodless sacrifice.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It would be pretty hard for earliest humans to live and survive off of just non-meat foods. The only food they could get in this scenario would be through gathering (Neolithic Revolution had not happened yet).

Of course it is a common fact know that the earliest humans, like ourselves today, also ate meat (Man has been hunting since the dawn of our species). They wouldn't be called "hunter-gathering" societies if they never hunted.

I don't see why they wouldn't eat meat when even the earliest humans knew that said food can help to keep themselves and their community alive, and they knew their body allowed for it.

It's just common sense.

Especially if they were living in areas ripe with animal life. It would be stupid to ignore that resource. After all, apart of the reason animals came into being on this planet is to be one of the food sources for us.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already quoted the scripture in the post above

You mean this quote?

“See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth,
and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food."

No where in that quote does it say, don't eat meat.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
they were vegetarians because God commanded them to be vegetarians

That doesn't show that clothing was made from animals that died naturally. When God clothed Adam and Eve in animal skins, did he wait for the animals to die naturally first?

Did Abel wait for a lamb to die naturally before offering it in sacrifice? Not likely. So, why would he not also kill and skin a sheep for clothing whether or not he was vegetarian?

Anyway, typically, the meat of a sacrifice was eaten by the worshiper. It was the blood, fat and entrails which were burned on the altar.

The text does not describe precisely how Abel sacrificed his lamb. So I won't claim that he ate any part of it. But it doesn't say anything at all about only making clothing from animals which died naturally either.

It is important to distinguish between what is actually said and what we think that may imply. One should not state implications as if it was actual scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't matter if Able did or not. It's a story that I don't think should be used to make claims that humans were all vegetarians in the beginning even when the story itself, as well as the evidence found in the world, does not back up that claim.

If you want to find evidence on whether or not the earliest humans were vegetarians, I don't think the Cain vs Abel myth is the best place to look, because that is not the point of the story.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
people were vegetarians in those days.
No animals were killed
Genesis 3:21 "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins and clothed them." Abel must have been in the clothing business as I don't see how you can skin an animal without killing it. Of course God could but since blood is required for sin through out the scripture I have a feeling God may have killed an animal (lamb) as a testimony they need a savior.

Reactions: Tammy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
the animal died naturally and Abel was in the milk business

it is juice, specifically wine (the holy spirit), that is required for sin
we are specifically forbidden to ever eat or drink blood

The prohibition on eating and drinking blood was because the blood belongs to God. That is why the sacrificial animal is killed: to offer its blood to God. That is why blood is sprinkled on the altar and dabbed on the horns of the altar. Do read Leviticus.

Animals which died naturally are not fit to be sacrificial animals. Only animals fit to eat are fit for sacrifice.

Abel may well have been in the milk business, but scripture says he offered a lamb, not milk.

Upvote 0

granpa

Noahide/Rationalist
Apr 23, 2007
California
✟3,072.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
you seriously believe they dabbed blood on the altar to clean it?
you don't clean things with blood. You clean things with alcohol. hence wine is symbolic of the Holy Spirit
Both blood and alcohol were originally referred to as juice hence the confusion

Last edited:
Upvote 0