• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Caffeine and Mood Instability

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Very expensive after you loose your job due to bad attitude and poor nutrition.

Study Finds No Benefit for Dietary Supplements – NIH Director's Blog

• 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
    • ½ cup sliced strawberries, blueberries, or chopped mangos.
    • ¼ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt.
    • 1 tablespoon almond butter.
    • ½ cup baby spinach.
    • ½ cup unsweetened almond milk.
    • Optional: 1-2 basil leaves, 2-3 mint leaves, ½ teaspoon peeled, chopped ginger.
Thanks for the recipe! I might print it out and keep it in my kitchen. I might switch to local cow milk for the almond milk (I know, it's not the "popular" milk right now). I grow basil myself, so I can pick it right form my rooftop garden. :clap: I had spinach growing, but the kind I grew had tiny leaves and was kind of pointless.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you don't normally have caffeine, you may still be very sensitive toward it when you do have it.

Other than that, Vitamin A in large doses can make one on edge or aggressive. That drink provides 100% Vit. A, which is fine, but if you are getting a lot more somewhere else it could be adding up.
But more likely it's the caffeine.

Basically the drink is a vitamin capsule. It has a nice profile of vitamins. Though they are the basic chemicals, not organically-bound, methylated or liposome, they are still good. Then it has what looks like a nice selection of metabolic support, including some amino acids. The problem seems to lie in the energy component it uses, which is primarily caffeine.

You could try a "green" drink instead. They don't seem to break down their analyses into chemical components, but a good one will do everything you current one does metabolically, but without the caffeine. It might not have an energy kick, but that's easy to get with the right food.
You mean like a green smoothie?

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don’t drink soda. Its full of refined sugars that aren’t helpful and distort the palate. If you enjoy them Italian sodas are best. Monin makes an organic syrup that’s nice if you don’t want to make your own.

I was told several years ago (by the Holy Spirit) to reduce my caffeine intake if I desired children again. I have roughly six ounces per day. I no longer drink hot coffee. I make cold brew instead.

I don’t have the reactions you describe but my consumption is small. And I’ve never had energy drinks at all.
I never heard of Italian sodas. I'm really not a huge soda person in general, but Italian soda sounds interesting. I might try it just for fun.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I never heard of Italian sodas. I'm really not a huge soda person in general, but Italian soda sounds interesting. I might try it just for fun.

They are tasty. It is a healthier compromise for people who like carbonated drinks. I make my own syrups. Its just sugar and water. I add a little vanilla and process them in a water bath (like you’d do when canning). The seal keeps it fresh and I don’t need preservatives. :)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the recipe! I might print it out and keep it in my kitchen. I might switch to local cow milk for the almond milk (I know, it's not the "popular" milk right now). I grow basil myself, so I can pick it right form my rooftop garden. :clap: I had spinach growing, but the kind I grew had tiny leaves and was kind of pointless.

I've had great success with the larger Aero-gardens. The small ones we've tossed out.
We've transferred everything outdoors for summer but will start again this fall.
Our outdoor garden looks much like this but is a 6 ft long horse trough.

AeroGarden-Harvest-Elite-with-Gourmet-Herb-Seed-Pod-Kit-Stainless-Steel.jpg

Upvote 0