United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
CeeBee said:
Michie, u have helped me sooo much! I am so NOT gonna go beg guys for sex, I am not coming out to everyone (yet), if/when I do, I am going to make it CLEAR that I am gonna remain celibate. And yeah, some guys experiment, some may even have some real attraction, but for short periods of time. This is a 4 year old thing for me, not anything new. And yes I have prayed about this, and will continue to. And I am OPEN to the fact that this is possibly a phase and I am really bi or strate, but I doubt it, but I am not ignoring the possibility, I even hope for it. And the discrimination: that is something I am going to have to deal with! Blacks didn't dye their skin cuz they were discriminated against; it would have gone against their nature, and they would have to hide so many things, like their true family etc. And I am tired of hiding and lying and all, acting like i think chicks are hot and all. But I say again, that I am not coming out to the general public any time soon. Oh, and to the person that said that I should pray the rosary: I have, and still do. Thanks everyone for ur support and concern, tho I must say the response here wasnt nearly as warm and helpful as I would have expected. But thanks michie, SouthCoast, and others, for ur support and love.
GREAT STUFF!! CELIBACY! (Im celibate, but for priesthood reasons) TRUE TO CATHOLIC TEACHINGS!!

Reactions: Febe
Upvote 0

TexasCatholic

Jun 8, 2004
TEXAS
✟2,249.00
Faith
Catholic
I think you have the right ideas going for you CeeBee. In fact, I think you may find people shocked, but respectful when you explain that you're celibate. Saying you're "gay" generally connotes that you have sex with men. Saying you're celibate indicates that you abstain from sex, and it will certainly gain you respect among those who understand your sacrifices and strength for doing what is right to serve God.

We're lucky to have you as a part of the Church! God bless you. Prayer is going to really be your strength!

-Michael

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CeeBee said:
Michie, u have helped me sooo much! I am so NOT gonna go beg guys for sex, I am not coming out to everyone (yet), if/when I do, I am going to make it CLEAR that I am gonna remain celibate. And yeah, some guys experiment, some may even have some real attraction, but for short periods of time. This is a 4 year old thing for me, not anything new. And yes I have prayed about this, and will continue to. And I am OPEN to the fact that this is possibly a phase and I am really bi or strate, but I doubt it, but I am not ignoring the possibility, I even hope for it. And the discrimination: that is something I am going to have to deal with! Blacks didn't dye their skin cuz they were discriminated against; it would have gone against their nature, and they would have to hide so many things, like their true family etc. And I am tired of hiding and lying and all, acting like i think chicks are hot and all. But I say again, that I am not coming out to the general public any time soon. Oh, and to the person that said that I should pray the rosary: I have, and still do. Thanks everyone for ur support and concern, tho I must say the response here wasnt nearly as warm and helpful as I would have expected. But thanks michie, SouthCoast, and others, for ur support and love.

No problem CeeBee. I've read your posts & thing you are a wonderful person. I have been in positions myself where I have expressed myself where others have basically said my feelings were invalid. Basically, no your not, or you do not know what you want. Which can be a crushing blow & put you in a spot emotionally where you do not want to be...ever.

I do not want to see that happen to you or anyone.

You seem to be very wise for your age & think things through. I know that with your faith guiding you that God will keep you close.

If you had come on here & said something about attraction to girls or crushing on them, I'm sure the reaction would had been different & there would be no question of your feelings.

Your feelings are yours. The hard part is having the wisdom on how to deal with them.

I pray for God's guidance & wisdom for you.

You are special CeeBee, don't forget that. God treasures you. Take that & run with it. :)

Upvote 0

oat02351

Senior Veteran
Oct 3, 2004
Massachusetts
✟7,652.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
CeeBee said:
As many of u know, I am homosexual, and have recently been debating coming out of the closet. Well, I have, to a few people. I first told my best friend, a male, and he said wow, me too... And yeah we've been talking so much bout it, it's so good to have someone to talk to. It was quite shocking, but I had always kinda suspected him, to be honest. And know, we don't have any kind of relationship other than friendship, I am pretty sure neither of us is even attracted to the other, thank goodness, that would be weird, lol. Anyway, I told him this at two in the morning this past Sunday. And yesterday, last nite to be exact, I told two more of my friends, females. They are very liberal, atheists I believe, and are totally one hundred percent ok with it. So, 3 ppl. out of like five billion... a start. Oh, and my gay friend is Catholic too btw, and goes to church, but thinks liberally I believe, not sure how he stands on celibacy and all to be honest. Anyways, I think I shall tell my mom sometime today, I am terrified of what she will say. But, as of rite now, it feels good, I have someone to talk to bout all the pain and everything u know?
It's always good to have someone to talk to. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,818.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
CeeBee said:
SouthCoast, I will explain to people that I'm a homosexual that has committed myself to celibacy. Michie: Thanks so much!
And thanks to everyone really.

Now that you told to same friends and to your mam, and that you have been so lucky to have found a friend like you, you ld stop about thinking too much about homosexuality.
- study, enjoy the life, pray, make sport, post on CF, live your life as any other lucky boy in the South !!!!

Upvote 0

SandCrab

Hey Wena!! Woza! Sizotandaza!
Oct 26, 2005
Exeter
✟13,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
a_ntv said:
Now that you told to same friends and to your mam, and that you have been so lucky to have found a friend like you, you ld stop about thinking too much about homosexuality.
- study, enjoy the life, pray, make sport, post on CF, live your life as any other lucky boy in the South !!!!
Here here, if people dont wanna b friends with you because your gay, too bad for them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SandCrab

Hey Wena!! Woza! Sizotandaza!
Oct 26, 2005
Exeter
✟13,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
CeeBee said:
As many of u know, I am homosexual, and have recently been debating coming out of the closet. Well, I have, to a few people. I first told my best friend, a male, and he said wow, me too... And yeah we've been talking so much bout it, it's so good to have someone to talk to. It was quite shocking, but I had always kinda suspected him, to be honest. And know, we don't have any kind of relationship other than friendship, I am pretty sure neither of us is even attracted to the other, thank goodness, that would be weird, lol. Anyway, I told him this at two in the morning this past Sunday. And yesterday, last nite to be exact, I told two more of my friends, females. They are very liberal, atheists I believe, and are totally one hundred percent ok with it. So, 3 ppl. out of like five billion... a start. Oh, and my gay friend is Catholic too btw, and goes to church, but thinks liberally I believe, not sure how he stands on celibacy and all to be honest. Anyways, I think I shall tell my mom sometime today, I am terrified of what she will say. But, as of rite now, it feels good, I have someone to talk to bout all the pain and everything u know?
WHAT!? Sorry re-read your post, youre friend's gay too? Well i think its a good thing to have someone to turn to for support, because hes going thru the same thing :)

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
CoreyZallow said:
I am a homosexual teen as well. I really feel for you! u can PM me if u ever want to talk.
Don't listen to the people on here that tell you to go to a support group, ect. because there is nothing wrong with being a homosexual. See Leviticus 22. It mentions not to 'lay' with another man as you would a woman.

In other words, if u don't have sex with another man there is nothing wrong with being gay.
A year ago I was deppressed constantly because of me being gay. Never suicidal, but deppressed nonetheless. I very rarely did anything with friends for a few months because I was so upset that I realised I was gay.
I have now come to terms with myself and have accepted who I am and NOBODY can tell ME to change. I am who God made me, and He made me gay.

This summer I am planning to tell my best friend, a girl who I've known for over 7 years, that I am gay. mainly because I feel guilty because I've fallen for her new boyfriend (who hugged me just the other day and I liked it a little too much, so she probably suspects somethings going on), and also because I want to get it out. we've been best friends for 7 years and I know she will accept me for who I am.

You are who God (praise His name) made you to be. And you should be downright proud of how special He made you.

You rejected a support group and then you went on to say how good it is to do just what a support group is there for :) . You can get it out and have mutual support from people who also are striving to not give into their inclinations :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
CoreyZallow said:
I have now come to terms with myself and have accepted who I am and NOBODY can tell ME to change. I am who God made me, and He made me gay.

You're absolutely right, nobody can say you're going to hell for being gay. We are guilty of actions, not necessarily conditions (though some conditions we do cause to ourselves). You're also right that nobody can tell you to change. That is entirely your choice, nobody else's.

However, you are absolutely wrong to say that God made you gay. Imperfections, which all humans have, are not things which God created in us. Sin is the cause of all human imperfections. Some of those sins we are guilty of, some are not. Yet, the effects of those sins must always be attributed to sin, and not to God.

Homosexuality is a natural disorder, and has never been shown to be genetically inherited. The vast majority of research shows that developmental problems (and there are many different kinds) are almost always attached to the history of individuals who are homosexual. I suggest looking through this thread a bit for some excellent, outside, objective sources that verify this. I can say from my own (albeit not extensive) friendships with homosexuals, that this is true, I cannot think of one that did not have at least one of the problems listed in one of the previous posts in the thread that are normally associated with the disorder of homosexuality.

However, even were homosexuality to be found to be a genetically inherited disorder, you could still not claim that God gave it to you. All genetic disorders are indirect results of sin, either because of sins of ancestors, or ultimately because of Original Sin itself.

Disguising homosexaulity as a product of God is a serious thing to claim. God created you, yes, but He is not responsible for disordered inclinations.

You're right. I can't tell you to change. God cannot even tell you to change. Your free will is yours to weild as you choose. But don't be fooled into thinking you can't change. You can make of yourself whatever you wish. You must wish it though, and you must believe it's possible.

We are all created for union. I don't know what your calling is, but don't believe for a second that homosexuality has any bearing on that calling.

God did not make you homosexual. God made you human. God will always love you, no matter what you choose. Just remember, we are all responsible for the choices we make. If you choose not to make aright what was made wrong, then you are guilty of choosing the wrong just as surely as if you had caused it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
CoreyZallow said:
I am a homosexual teen as well. I really feel for you! u can PM me if u ever want to talk.
Don't listen to the people that tell you u will go to hell, ect. because there is nothing wrong with being a homosexual. See Leviticus 22. It mentions not to 'lay' with another man as you would a woman.

In other words, if u don't have sex with another man there is nothing wrong with being gay.
A year ago I was deppressed constantly because of me being gay. Never suicidal, but deppressed nonetheless. I very rarely did anything with friends for a few months because I was so upset that I realised I was gay.

This summer I am planning to tell my best friend, a girl who I've known for over 7 years, that I am gay. mainly because I feel guilty because I've fallen for her new boyfriend (who hugged me just the other day and I liked it a little too much, so she probably suspects somethings going on), and also because I want to get it out. we've been best friends for 7 years and I know she will accept me for who I am.

You are who God (praise His name) made you to be. And you should be downright proud of how special He made you.
You´re very right; it´s the act that is a sin, not the feeling... If I feel attracted to another man than my husband, that is my problem - but not a sin; if I DO something, well, that would be a sin...
Of course, PLANNING to do so would also be a sin, as well as a very strong desire... But not an attraction that You fight!

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
stray bullet said:
[bible]John 9:1-3[/bible]

I assume this is made in response to my post.

This quote might be made to say that God caused the blindness in the man. I assert that this is not what the passage is claiming. It is clear and evident from Scripture that prior to the sin of Adam, man enjoyed preternatural gifts, which included freedom from death and disease.

Another thing that is clear in Scripture is the way that the Jews thought about blessings and curses. The old Jewish thought about blessings and curses had more to do with physical/material blessings and curses, than spiritual ones. Thus, if a man was cursed, he was thought to have committed a grave sin, or that his parents had committed grave sin and he was suffering for it, as neither his parents nor he had paid for it. If a man was blessed it was because he was righteous in the sight of God. A blessed man would be healthy, handsome, have a large family, be wealthy and owning property and servants etc. Consider the tale of Job. When all those terrible things happened to him, the people around him thought he had committed dire sin. But due to his righteousness in the end, he was once again blessed with an abundance of earthly wealth and physical well-being.

So when the disciples asked "who sinned, this man or his parents?" he was hearkening back to the idea of physical ill as being the direct result of a curse from God on account of some sin that the man, or his ancestors had committed.

What Jesus came to teach is that true blessings and curses are not external. Thus, the old question of "why do the wicked prosper and the righteous suffer?" is answered in this way. The wicked may be wealthy and healthy externally, but they suffer and are cursed internally.

Christ's answer, quite commonly, did not address the question itself, but the spirit, or mindset in which the question was asked. It is a matter of focus. Christ wasn't saying, "this man is blind because that is the way God made Him, in order that God's glory might shine through Him." No, Christ saw right through to the heart of the question.

The focus of the question was on the sin. Who is guilty? Who sinned? Who can be blamed? We want an answer for suffering. We know sin is the answer, but who do we blame? Who must be changed that blindness shouldn't occur.

If we are ever to change. If we are ever to come to the glory of God. If we are ever to overcome sin. We do not ask, "who sinned?" We are to ask, "in what way do I see the Glory of God here?"

It is exactly the same when you are in discussion. If you are ever to convert someone, it is not through distinguishing their faults and failings. You don't point out where they're wrong. You don't focus on what is wrong in the way they think or reason or believe. You don't focus on the lie. Satan is the father of lies. He wants you to focus on the lie. We are to focus on the Truth. Conversions happen because people see the Truth. When you are in discussion with a person, you aught to focus on what they have right. The glory of the Truth, who is Christ, will shine through, and they will know Him.

The error of the Buddhist is that he focuses on suffering, and ridding himself of suffering, therefore, since life is filled with suffering, rid ourselves of life. The truth is that we aught to focus on the other side of the coin: happiness. We do not exist to rid ourselves of suffering. We exist to experience happiness, which is found in satisfaction of our being, which is union. Life is to be loved on account of happiness, not hated on account of suffering.

This is what Christ was teaching us in the passage you quoted, do not focus on what sin takes away, focus on God can give. The Glory of God shines through the blind man because we learn from the blind man the beauty of sight, which God gives to us. Do not focus on the loss, focus on the gift.

That passage does not teach that God made the blind man blind for His own glory. Neither does God make the homosexual, homosexual.

Upvote 0

CeeBee

Catholic
Dec 26, 2003
Louisiana
✟14,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Being gay is not a sin, it is having homosexual lust and doing, erm, gay things, lol. So if God made us gay then it's not like he sinned. He just made us prone to sin, so to speak. Just like kids that are born into a poor family, or an abusive family: they are more prone, possibly, to get frustrated and sin, or to disobey their parents cuz their parents are abusive, or to be jealous of others cuz they're SO POOR, u know?

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God does not cause disorder, God causes order. The disorder that is found in the world results from sin, directly or indirectly. Do not believe God created the disorder within you. Believe that God will create the order within you that your human dignity is deserving of.

"God made me gay" is fallacy, plain and simple.
"God made me human, with human dignity and grace, beautiful and ordered, like Him, deserving of the everlasting communion and union of bliss." This is the truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.