By faith, you are required to call something "evolved", even when you don't see *how*?

How long can you hold on to the secret behind your Evolution?

• Only a moment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About a minute.

• About an hour.

• About a day.

• Whatever life is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • That depends on whom I have kept it for.

• The same way I keep my virginity.

• As long as God wants me to.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've always wondered why is it always evolution people go after? Why not gravity or germ theory? Regardless the fantasy of evolution has been producing results for over 150 years. You can't just hand wave all the evidence away.
Did you ever stop to think that gravity is not evolution science? BTW, You got it wrong about germ science.

• Haha
Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what an atheist, I was that, and I was very into distinction between agnostic and atheist. I thought I was agnostic at a point. I did argue against christians as an atheist, because I simply did not like that it shaped society. I wasted much time focusing on those issues, time I should have spent with people in my life instead. I cannot speak o the evolutionissue per se, my battles was more about society, culture and politics, from a humanistic viewpoint if you will. It is a wokething. And atheists are different. For me it was about hitchens and dawkins. and being against religion totally. They ridiculed religion for fun.
You problem is not atheism or evolution it is Hitchens and Dawkins. If you want to observe how well atheist and evolution scientists interact, get along and help each other, check out the discourse at Peaceful Science.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's not super uncommon many atheists don't really get into dawkins or hitchens heck i'd never even heard of hitchens until I joined this forum.
Really! They were very popular here in scandinavia and in the household I grew up in, and amongs my friends. I have an estranged brother that I very much looked up to growing up, and he had some books of hitchens at least, think some dawkins too, but that was perhaps later. I could swear that he was on some talkshows here being interviewed too, the friday show everybody had to watch, like your letterman. This was the late 90s and early 2000. I think Hitchens may have lived in the UK in the early 90s. British culture streams over to us, more so than american.

And we are mostly atheists, and have statechurch, so many atheists do not like that. Because it is taxfunded. And want ownership over the scripture, because of co-ownership, even if they do not believe. So, bit different than the US with private churches. Yes, another thing, now I remember that some very leftleaning newspaper had a satarday magazine that featured articles of Hitchens. They bought the vanity fair articles and others. As a paper I just looked at, had an article of Paul Krugman or something like that.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You problem is not atheism or evolution it is Hitchens and Dawkins. If you want to observe how well atheist and evolution scientists interact, get along and help each other, check out the discourse at Peaceful Science.
I am not saying that any of it is a problem. It lead me to where I am at, so I cannot complain. It is not certain that I would be lead to faith, had I not first been an angry atheist who was lead by Hitchens and Dawkins first, lead astray. I did learn important lessons from them about life, how to hold principles and stand for your opinion, so not a total waste. And they lead me to the first verses I read of the bible. Had I been an indifferent atheist, I might still be an atheist. I will try to check out the link, but I must reply some more, and do some stuff first.

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Really! They were very popular here in scandinavia and in the household I grew up in, and amongs my friends. I have an estranged brother that I very much looked up to growing up, and he had some books of hitchens at least, think some dawkins too, but that was perhaps later. I could swear that he was on some talkshows here being interviewed too, the friday show everybody had to watch, like your letterman. This was the late 90s and early 2000. I think Hitchens may have lived in the UK in the early 90s. British culture streams over to us, more so than american.

And we are mostly atheists, and have statechurch, so many atheists do not like that. Because it is taxfunded. And want ownership over the scripture, because of co-ownership, even if they do not believe. So, bit different than the US with private churches. Yes, another thing, now I remember that some very leftleaning newspaper had a satarday magazine that featured articles of Hitchens. They bought the vanity fair articles and others. As a paper I just looked at, had an article of Paul Krugman or something like that.
I never studied philosophy or even heard much of any vocal atheists when I deconverted. But I deconverted when I was like 15.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith