Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. I've done my own study of the grammar of the text. And encouraged you to do the same.

No, you are just furthering the teaching of your adopted religion. Otherwise you could support your preaching with something more than your own words. I posted what was actually written. Jesus was angry with the religious men who turned His Father's house into a religious business. He wasn't angry with the innocent animals they were selling. If you have something, anything to support your religious philosophy in this matter, you should provide it.

That's a lot of unnecessary slander on your part. But I hope you have a nice day.

-CryptoLutheran

Teaching others that Jesus took his anger out on innocent animals, and not the children of the devil selling them, is the real slander here.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I have heard of this philosophy Mark. The implication is that a man can be deceived into believing lies about God, and further this deceit onto others by relying on one English Translation over another. I've seen competing religious businesses and sects argue over translations since my youth.

This is a very common practice used by this world's many different religious sects and businesses, as they compete with each other to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship. As more and more religious sects and businesses enter the market, and they will because historically there is big money in religion, new Bible translations will also be created and used in the same fashion. What is there now, over 400 English Translations alone? And why so many? Because of competing religious businesses, according to my studies.

This practice has gone on for centuries.

This philosophy is founded on one universally believed principle. And that is that God is not capable of preserving His Necessary Truth in English Translations.

Since I have left this world's religions, some 30 years ago now, and studied apart from the competing influence of ANY of them, I have come to a different understanding. If all I had was the NIV or the LSV, and I was seeking God from my heart, I would find HIS SAME Truth in them that I would find if all I had was the KJV or the RSV. And your post confirms what I have found to be the truth. There isn't a nickel's worth of difference between the KJV, NIV and LSV translations where Lev. 19:17 in concerned. I could use any one of the 3 in the OP, and nothing would change.

I don't have to "search" for some religion or religious business to suit me, I simply trust the Scriptures, instead of religions, KJV. "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". NIV "for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness", LSV for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction that [is] in righteousness,

And since I have not adopted the religious philosophies of this world's competing religions, I am not bound by them and therefore I have no need to shop for competing translations which may be interpreted to support them.

As Prophesied, I have the Oracles of God in my own home, in my own mind. I am now sitting in Moses Seat and am no longer bound by the need or required to seek out "many" who come in Christ's Name, to read God's Word to me.

Truly the freedom in Christ.

Great topic, perhaps we should start a thread about it.
Be my guest, but link me, or I will probably not notice it. Don't have time to read everything.

BTW, what you have described is not my philosophy, and I am not of any particular denomination though people seem to think I am, and I have no notions of filling pews with anyone but admirers of Christ. Money is completely irrelevant.

Also BTW, none of us, not you, not me, NOBODY, is without bias in reading Scripture. Don't try to give me that. We are all presumptuous to some degree, and biased this way and that, even favoring contradictions within our claims. Further, we are all temporal residents of this life, even the Apostles, who were given authority and the very words of God. The apostles did not always understand everything they were told to write. You are not Moses.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be my guest, but link me, or I will probably not notice it. Don't have time to read everything.

BTW, what you have described is not my philosophy, and I am not of any particular denomination though people seem to think I am,

Fascinating thing about the true history of "Reformations". The Jews broke away from God's Way, and created their own religion, and religious business, teaching for doctrines the commandments and traditions of men, not God. The Catholic religion "broke away" from the Jews religion, but kept her marketing strategy, her traditions regarding worship, prayer, manmade temples of wood and stone, and creating their own judgments and traditions that caused those who followed them to also transgress the Commandments of God. The next "reformation" was Protestants who broke away from the Catholic religion, the same thing happened. They claimed to be "reformed", but kept her sabbaths, her high days, her traditions regarding worship, prayer and manmade shrines of worship and her traditions which caused those who followed them to transgress the commandments of God.

As one prominent Catholic preacher said of the Protestant's that broke away from his adopted religion, "They have continued the custom, even though it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon an explicit text in the Bible. That observance remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away - like a boy running away from home but still carrying in his pocket a picture of his mother or a lock of her hair".

And now we have another "reformation" called "non-denominational" which is now becoming popular and is growing. In the US alone, there are about 35,000 "Non-dem" churches. Like the other reformations, they broke away from "brand name" religion, but they kept their traditions regarding temples made of wood and stone, worship, sabbaths, their high days, their image of God in the likeness of man, and traditions which cause those who follow them to Transgress the commandments of God.

So it is expected that people might think you are just another representative of one of the "many" Protestant religions which exist in the world God placed us in because of your religious philosophies and traditions you share on this forum.

Now this is not a judgment against anyone, rather, it is just honest observation of undeniable truths. When asked about the sign of His return, Jesus told His Disciples;

Matt. 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Notice that Jesus didn't warn us about Islam, Buddhism or even Atheists here. HE Specifically warned about "ONE" religion. And this would be a religion who calls Jesus Lord, Lord, and teaches in His Name, but transgresses God's commandments by their own religious traditions. (Matt. 7:22,23)

Jesus didn't warn me about this world's religions and the men who promote them, to insult me or offend me, even though He knew I would be insulted and offended, and certainly in the beginning I was. He was Loving me as HE Loved Himself. The same way this same Christ Loved Israel.

Ez. 18: 30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. (As it was for those Christians in Matt. 7:22,23) 31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

These Scriptures, along with those posted in the OP, are certainly deserving of honest, unbiased (as much as possible) discussion in my view, and this thread is my attempt to engage in such a discussion.

and I have no notions of filling pews with anyone but admirers of Christ. Money is completely irrelevant.

Whose tradition is it to "fill the pews" of manmade shrines of worship, created by religious who come in Christ's Name? Doesn't the Jesus of the Bible teach me how to worship and pray to His Father, and how to do my alms towards God and Man? Clearly this tradition you support and promote didn't come from the Jesus of the Bible. Should men seeking God's Truth not study to find out where it comes from?

Nevertheless, the religious manmade Temples made of wood and stone in Christ's Time had been turned into a religious business by those who "profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." And these same religious businesses exist even to this day. This is another undeniable Truth.

I never suggested that you were in the religion business. Only that you support and promote the religious philosophies and traditions of those who are. Which is why they compete for you, so you can help them grow their religious business.

These religions and their manmade shrines of worship, with their Pews, cannot exist without money, and the money comes from convincing/converting people to support their particular religion, over the religion down the street.

Whereas the Body of Christ can be two people gathered in His Name, anywhere on the planet without a single penny.

Again, there is no judgment here, just honest reflection of undeniable Truths. Do they matter? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly, men "Seeking the Kingdom of God and "HIS" Righteousness" should not avoid or be afraid to discuss these undeniable truths.

Also BTW, none of us, not you, not me, NOBODY, is without bias in reading Scripture. Don't try to give me that.

Yes, as Jesus teaches, "Men love their own bias (darkness)" I never said otherwise. But again, what does Jesus say.

John 3: 20 For every one that doeth evil (favors Bias) hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, "lest his deeds" (Biases) should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, "that his deeds" (Biases) may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

You see Mark? One man, who loves his own bias, refuses to consider much of the "Word of God" which became Flesh, AKA, "the Light", because he doesn't want his bias exposed. He hides himself from his own flesh. He loves his bias and defends them, works to preserve them.

This is easy to see in others, not so easy to see in ourselves.

Another man, who also knows he has bias/darkness within him and also the capacity to love his own bias/darkness ( the Truth), doesn't want ANY bias and therefore "Comes to the Light" for the very purpose of exposing it. What happens to darkness once the Light hits it? It is revealed and destroyed and what remains is not bias against God, but "Wrought in God".

What happens to a man whose hidden darkness, bias and wickedness is revealed to him? He is broken, a sorry man, humiliated, contrite. But he can be freed from the bonds of his bias, wickedness, yes? HE is free to be renewed in the Spirit of his mind. He can then "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

But the man who avoids the Light, in order to preserve his bias/darkness, as it is written; Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We are all presumptuous to some degree, and biased this way and that, even favoring contradictions within our claims.

This is another popular religious philosophy, a bias, a wickedness that "many" religious men "who come in Christ's Name" preserve and promote.

That God gave men instruction, but not the capacity or the tools to obey Him in them. These men project their own rejection and indifference towards God and His Word onto everyone and create and/or adopt religions which promote the same philosophy.

The statement alone is a bias against God's Word and instruction of the Christ of the Bible. The implication of this religious philosophy is that NO ONE can "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

A Philosophy Paul rejects outright.

Ph. 3: 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God (Which is) in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

And why would Paul seek the perfection you and "many" who come in Christ's Name, preach is impossible for men to reach?

Matt. 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Can you see Mark? With man's religions, with their manmade doctrines, shrines of worship, their own sabbaths, their own high days, their own judgments of Clean, Holy and Good, their own image of God in the likeness of some random handsome man etc., this Commandment from the Jesus of the Bible is not possible to obey. But with God and HIS Word, which is Spirit it is Possible to be a "Doer" of His Saying, and not a hearer only. As the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible teaches, "Yield ourselves", "Submit ourselves", "Deny ourselves", "Offer ourselves" to God, and it will be well with you.

Not a very good marketing strategy for this world's religious businesses competing for butts to fill the pews of their manmade shrines of worship. So you won't here these truths being taught in them.

Further, we are all temporal residents of this life, even the Apostles, who were given authority and the very words of God. The apostles did not always understand everything they were told to write.
Again, this is your religious philosophy, your bias. Where is your Biblical Support for your assertion that Paul didn't understand what he wrote in his letters? You may not understand him. I may not understand him. But there is no Biblical Support for your assertion that Paul didn't understand what he wrote in his letters.

Are men not to "Grow" in the knowledge of God? Didn't the Jesus of the bible also "Grow" in the knowledge of God? Grow into what?
You are not Moses.

Of course not. What a childish thing to say.

But I do have the Oracles of God, Yes? Therefore, I sit in Moses' seat every time I read him, yes? Shall I not hear him? Will he not persuade me to listen to Jesus?

Luke 16: 31 And he said unto him, If they "hear not" Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Fascinating thing about the true history of "Reformations". The Jews broke away from God's Way, and created their own religion, and religious business, teaching for doctrines the commandments and traditions of men, not God. The Catholic religion "broke away" from the Jews religion, but kept her marketing strategy, her traditions regarding worship, prayer, manmade temples of wood and stone, and creating their own judgments and traditions that caused those who followed them to also transgress the Commandments of God. The next "reformation" was Protestants who broke away from the Catholic religion, the same thing happened. They claimed to be "reformed", but kept her sabbaths, her high days, her traditions regarding worship, prayer and manmade shrines of worship and her traditions which caused those who followed them to transgress the commandments of God.

As one prominent Catholic preacher said of the Protestant's that broke away from his adopted religion, "They have continued the custom, even though it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon an explicit text in the Bible. That observance remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away - like a boy running away from home but still carrying in his pocket a picture of his mother or a lock of her hair".

And now we have another "reformation" called "non-denominational" which is now becoming popular and is growing. In the US alone, there are about 35,000 "Non-dem" churches. Like the other reformations, they broke away from "brand name" religion, but they kept their traditions regarding temples made of wood and stone, worship, sabbaths, their high days, their image of God in the likeness of man, and traditions which cause those who follow them to Transgress the commandments of God.

So it is expected that people might think you are just another representative of one of the "many" Protestant religions which exist in the world God placed us in because of your religious philosophies and traditions you share on this forum.

Now this is not a judgment against anyone, rather, it is just honest observation of undeniable truths. When asked about the sign of His return, Jesus told His Disciples;

Matt. 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Notice that Jesus didn't warn us about Islam, Buddhism or even Atheists here. HE Specifically warned about "ONE" religion. And this would be a religion who calls Jesus Lord, Lord, and teaches in His Name, but transgresses God's commandments by their own religious traditions. (Matt. 7:22,23)

Jesus didn't warn me about this world's religions and the men who promote them, to insult me or offend me, even though He knew I would be insulted and offended, and certainly in the beginning I was. He was Loving me as HE Loved Himself. The same way this same Christ Loved Israel.

Ez. 18: 30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. (As it was for those Christians in Matt. 7:22,23) 31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

These Scriptures, along with those posted in the OP, are certainly deserving of honest, unbiased (as much as possible) discussion in my view, and this thread is my attempt to engage in such a discussion.

Whose tradition is it to "fill the pews" of manmade shrines of worship, created by religious who come in Christ's Name? Doesn't the Jesus of the Bible teach me how to worship and pray to His Father, and how to do my alms towards God and Man? Clearly this tradition you support and promote didn't come from the Jesus of the Bible. Should men seeking God's Truth not study to find out where it comes from?

Nevertheless, the religious manmade Temples made of wood and stone in Christ's Time had been turned into a religious business by those who "profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." And these same religious businesses exist even to this day. This is another undeniable Truth.

I never suggested that you were in the religion business. Only that you support and promote the religious philosophies and traditions of those who are. Which is why they compete for you, so you can help them grow their religious business.

These religions and their manmade shrines of worship, with their Pews, cannot exist without money, and the money comes from convincing/converting people to support their particular religion, over the religion down the street.

Whereas the Body of Christ can be two people gathered in His Name, anywhere on the planet without a single penny.

Again, there is no judgment here, just honest reflection of undeniable Truths. Do they matter? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly, men "Seeking the Kingdom of God and "HIS" Righteousness" should not avoid or be afraid to discuss these undeniable truths.

Yes, as Jesus teaches, "Men love their own bias (darkness)" I never said otherwise. But again, what does Jesus say.

John 3: 20 For every one that doeth evil (favors Bias) hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, "lest his deeds" (Biases) should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, "that his deeds" (Biases) may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

You see Mark? One man, who loves his own bias, refuses to consider much of the "Word of God" which became Flesh, AKA, "the Light", because he doesn't want his bias exposed. He hides himself from his own flesh. He loves his bias and defends them, works to preserve them.

Another man, who also knows he has bias/darkness within him and also the capacity to love his own bias/darkness ( the Truth), doesn't want ANY bias and therefore "Comes to the Light" for the very purpose of exposing it. What happens to darkness once the Light hits it? It is revealed and destroyed and what remains is not bias against God, but "Wrought in God".

What happens to a man whose hidden darkness, bias and wickedness is revealed to him? He is broken, a sorry man, humiliated, contrite. But he can be freed from the bonds of his bias, wickedness, yes? HE is free to be renewed in the Spirit of his mind. He can then "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

But the man who avoids the Light, in order to preserve his bias/darkness, as it is written; Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

This is another popular religious philosophy, a bias, a wickedness that "many" religious men "who come in Christ's Name" preserve and promote.

That God gave men instruction, but not the capacity or the tools to obey Him in them. These men project their own rejection and indifference towards God and His Word onto everyone and create and/or adopt religions which promote the same philosophy.

The statement alone is a bias against God's Word and instruction of the Christ of the Bible. The implication of this religious philosophy is that NO ONE can "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

A Philosophy Paul rejects outright.

Ph. 3: 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God (Which is) in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

And why would Paul seek the perfection you and "many" who come in Christ's Name, preach is impossible for men to reach?

Matt. 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Can you see Mark? With man's religions, with their manmade doctrines, shrines of worship, their own sabbaths, their own high days, their own judgments of Clean, Holy and Good, their own image of God in the likeness of some random handsome man etc., this Commandment from the Jesus of the Bible is not possible to obey. But with God and HIS Word, which is Spirit it is Possible to be a "Doer" of His Saying, and not a hearer only. As the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible teaches, "Yield ourselves", "Submit ourselves", "Deny ourselves", "Offer ourselves" to God, and it will be well with you.

Not a very good marketing strategy for this world's religious businesses competing for butts to fill the pews of their manmade shrines of worship. So you won't here these truths being taught in them.

Again, this is your religious philosophy, your bias. Where is your Biblical Support for your assertion that Paul didn't understand what he wrote in his letters? You may not understand him. I may not understand him. But there is no Biblical Support for your assertion that Paul didn't understand what he wrote in his letters.

Are men not to "Grow" in the knowledge of God? Didn't the Jesus of the bible also "Grow" in the knowledge of God? Grow into what?

Of course not. What a childish thing to say.

But I do have the Oracles of God, Yes? Therefore, I sit in Moses' seat every time I read him, yes? Shall I not hear him? Will he not persuade me to listen to Jesus?

Luke 16: 31 And he said unto him, If they "hear not" Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Then I expect you can't easily see it in yourself. As I will be measured by the words I am saying, you will be measured by yours. May God have mercy on us both.

Upvote 0