✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Proverbs 15:11

“Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?”

Proverbs 23:14

“Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.”

Proverbs 15:24

“The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.”

And these words, demonstrate with any reliability a hell exists how exactly?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 66:24

“And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.”

Verse 22 shows this is what happens on the new earth - at sabbath and new moon.

It appears you rely on your interpretation of scripture, as the end all be all. That is cool, if it works for you. You do realize, not all people, view scripture as being reliable?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He is the first and the last - meaning He is the only real God. the Alpha and Omega -

Hebrews 6:2

“Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.”

That is cool, but my original point stands.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 9:13

“I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.”

It is one reason that man is without excuse as to is God real? See the rainbow - see the land of Israel - see Jerusalem - no other has predicted the future so we would know He is real. Israel heard Him at mount Horeb.
We have His commandments. Look at the generations of people as to name after name in the Old Testament...giving us a step by step history log of familes. Ever considered the name of Egypt? Check the name in Hebrew.

Opinion. Which you are more than entitled to.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you think John the Baptist lived?
Many have written of him and how he was a teacher.

Jesus Christ had to come after he was born and before the temple and the city was destroyed.
Daniel 9 shows that the Messiah would come and be cut off - but not for Himself - as in died for us due to our sins. And later the sanctuary and the city would be desolated.

Micah foretold how He would come from Bethlehem and later take down the Assyrian.
Micah 5

Do you believe Josephus, Paul, Peter, John lived?
/apostles

John the disciple never existed. Paul, Peter, Josephus and John the Baptist did. Why do you ask?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course the evidence is clear.
We have an eyewitness who has returned from the dead to explain to us the way to eternal life.

That's not evidence. That's the claim. The claim is not evidence of itself.

We have a traveller that came from the very throne of God , who lived amongst us and who descended into Hades and who has given us an account of his journey.

Again, that is the claim. The claim is not evidence of itself.

We have choices to make about where we end up.

According to the claim.

Logically to be with God is better than to burn in hell.

If we accept the claim that a god and hell exists.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If that works for you, stick with it. I wouldn't get too upset, if others don't see the validity in your personal beliefs. In fact, 2/3 of the world's population, disagrees with your faith beliefs.

To be fair, it doesn't seem as if that other 1/3 agree among eachother, either.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No because on examination none of those witnesses are credible ones and they stand alone. Jesus has a supernatural footprint witnessed directly by the 500 who saw Him risen, by the hundreds of thousands who saw him perform miracles and by the billions who know him today.

Again. All that are just the claims. The very claims that are in need of supportive evidence.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you believe that then you have no inkling at what hell is like. It IS good news if a person does not have to go there.

I wouldn't consider it good news if my loved ones are there - regardless of where I'll end up.
Most especially so if my loved ones were good people, while a Hitler with a "death bed conversion" would enjoy eternal paradise.

I wouldn't consider that a good thing, nore would I be able to call the dictator who decides such things to be a good person/entity/ghost/god/whatever-you-wish-to-call-it. And I most definatly wouldn't "love" that entity and "serve" it, let alone bow down to it.

Upvote 0