Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You seem to be missing a point that has been expressed two or three times already:
OH so the point is not so such that it is enforceable by law only to respect what people want. I am leaving God out of it because this is a secular society and therefore that is how I see it is only what people want and nothing with God.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OH so the point is not so such that it is enforceable by law only to respect what people want. I am leaving God out of it because this is a secular society and therefore that is how I see it is only what people want and nothing with God.

Are you saying that you leave God out of your actions because you're in a secular society? Is that what you just said?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I strongly disagree that "what people don't know won't hurt them".
It often does hurt them, sometimes fatally.

However, I learned long ago, when carrying weapons and dealing with law enforcement, that
"what they don't know won't hurt me"...
I am confused you agreed with the post where I said that in the post. The ONLY way someone will know you are concealed carrying is either if something happens which is very unlikely if you practice gun safety and there is no reason to pull the gun or if you tell them ( at which point it kind of defeats the purpose).

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you saying that you leave God out of your actions because you're in a secular society? Is that what you just said?
yes secular law is what gets me incarcerated so that is my focus as this ( thank goodness) is a secular society).

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am confused you agreed with the post where I said that in the post. The ONLY way someone will know you are concealed carrying is either if something happens which is very unlikely if you practice gun safety and there is no reason to pull the gun or if you tell them ( at which point it kind of defeats the purpose).

I totally agree with your post. No one will know about your concealed gun unless you need to use it.

I simply pulled out a phrase for refinement and clarification; my state (VA) does not require me to notify an officer that I am carrying a concealed gun, so I don't. I have learned in other states that things usually go more smoothly if the officer doesn't know I have a gun or other weapon. Of course, I would disclose it if I were in a state requiring it (that hasn't happened yet).

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree with your post. No one will know about your concealed gun unless you need to use it.

I simply pulled out a phrase for refinement and clarification; my state (VA) does not require me to notify an officer that I am carrying a concealed gun, so I don't. I have learned in other states that things usually go more smoothly if the officer doesn't know I have a gun or other weapon. Of course, I would disclose it if I were in a state requiring it (that hasn't happened yet).

This is certainly on a tangent, but in my state, we're required to advise the officer.

But I've been told by a police officer, "There is no safe way to tell a police officer that you're armed."

That is, there is no way to say out loud "armed" or "gun" to a police officer and be guaranteed that it won't trigger him. A lot depends on what kind of day he's had and what his previous experience has been. Also, you might be under more stress from the stop than you realize, and the timber of your voice might display more stress than you realize.

So this officer advises quietly handing over our carry license along with our driver's license and registration...and keeping our hands on the steering wheel.

That way, the officer is advised that we're armed through the intellectual pathway of reading it rather than what might be a reactionary pathway of hearing "gun" in stressed-out tones.

Seeing the license, he'll then tell us what he wants us to do next.

• Useful
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is certainly on a tangent, but in my state, we're required to advise the officer.

But I've been told by a police officer, "There is no safe way to tell a police officer that you're armed."

That is, there is no way to say out loud "armed" or "gun" to a police officer and be guaranteed that it won't trigger him. A lot depends on what kind of day he's had and what his previous experience has been. Also, you might be under more stress from the stop than you realize, and the timber of your voice might display more stress than you realize.

So this officer advises quietly handing over our carry license along with our driver's license and registration...and keeping our hands on the steering wheel.

That way, the officer is advised that we're armed through the intellectual pathway of reading it rather than what might be a reactionary pathway of hearing "gun" in stressed-out tones.

Seeing the license, he'll then tell us what he wants us to do next.
O.K., so my wife gets a ticket which she contests in a county north of us. She appears before the JP and brings her evidence and in the midst of the conversation notes the Justice has a couple of deer mounts on the wall. She proceeds to tell him that her husband is a hunter and would appreciate the racks. He asks what I hunt with and she proceeds to tell him in some detail about my rigs and loading and what we have and then, that she is also LTC. He says, well, why didn't you say so to the officer. She said, because I wasn't carrying at that time. He said, well, next time you are in (our) county and you get stopped just make sure the officer knows you are LTC. And he dismisses her case telling her that they appreciate those of us who carry and would be more lenient with someone who is registered. I also got stopped and with my hands on the steering wheel the first thing out of my mouth was, "Officer, I am letting you know I am LTC and I do have a readily dischargeable firearm on my right hip under my shirt, and two others in a safe behind me, and a rifle and shotgun under the back seat. How would you like to proceed safely for the both of us?" He just waved it off and gave me a warning and said to drive safely. I said, with all this firepower I better drive safely. It wouldn't do for somebody to try that silly road rage stuff on me. He just smiled and walked back to his patrol car.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another business which has become actively anti-gun is Levi Strauss.

I saw this news a few months ago, but forgot to post it here. :rolleyes:
I posted it on my FB page with my own form of commentary. Forgot to post it here. Sorry.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A recent NRA article reveals how Citibank and Bank of America have enacted new policies to limit the business practices of firearm companies. This and other reasons provide a good incentive to take your business elsewhere.

On the other hand, the article praised Wells Fargo Bank for standing up to the anti-gun crowd and refusing to dictate their customer's policies. Wells Fargo could certainly use some good news like this...

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status