Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel needs to confine itself to the borders drawn up in 1948. The Palestinians need to have land that is theirs. Both parties must keep out of the affairs of the other. The Jews had a great deal of sympathy after the holocaust, and rightly so. Unfortunately that sympathy will erode if they continue treat the Palestinians in the way they are treating them. Many people (except the US) support the under dog, which is what the Palestinians are!

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Tangnefedd said:
Israel needs to confine itself to the borders drawn up in 1948.

You are asking Israel hand over land it won in a defensive war. No other country EVER has been asked to do that. It is Israels by law.

Tangnefedd said:
The Palestinians need to have land that is theirs.

Israel is barely even 0.1% in size of all the arab lands, its not like they dont have anywere else to live. The "palestinians" as you call them mostly came from Jordan and Egypt.

Tangnefedd said:
Both parties must keep out of the affairs of the other. The Jews had a great deal of sympathy after the holocaust, and rightly so. Unfortunately that sympathy will erode if they continue treat the Palestinians in the way they are treating them. Most people (except the US) support the under dog, which is what the Palestinians are!

Actually no. My country the United Kingdom in recent polls show over 60% are in favor of Israel, unfortunatly it also seems you too are in the UK as well. Did you know Turkey is a supporter of Israel, how about Morocco?

I suppose you wouldnt define bad treatment as being murderers targetting civilians to blow themselves up and kill as many innocent people as possible would you?

Id also like you to explain how Jesus the Jew will return to Jerusalem if Israel gives it up retreating to the 1948 borders when Jesus the Jew says he will return to Israel? And tell me how you compromise the promise that all the land belongs to Israel which is written over 100 times in the Bible ( :eek: ) and is a constant message.

This should be interesting

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Reactions: ShirChadash
Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bear Jim said:
It is important to know that the "church" has not replaced Israel. Indeed, as believers we are grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17ff) and are now part of Israel (Ephesians 2:11-13). When the full number of the Gentiles are saved, then will God pour forth His Spirit of grace and supplication on Israel- and they will look upon Him Whom they have pierced (Zechariah 12:10-13:1), and so all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:25-27).

Bear Jim, are you aware that John tells us Zechariah 12:10 has already been fulfilled?

KJV Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

KJV John 19:35-37
35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Some might be confused by the following Scripture:

KJV Zechariah 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Some might think this verse is a reference to the Battle of Armageddon (Har Megiddo), but note that Zechariah says, "as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon".

Also, no one is saying that the Church has replaced Israel. We are saying that the True Church/Body of Yahshua HaMashiach is Israel. Please take the time to research the identity of the 'Lost' Tribes of Israel, who they are, and where they are to be found today. I assure you that you will be quite surprised, and pleasantly I hope.

Hix said:
Id also like you to explain how Jesus the Jew will return to Jerusalem if Israel gives it up retreating to the 1948 borders when Jesus the Jew says he will return to Israel? And tell me how you compromise the promise that all the land belongs to Israel which is written over 100 times in the Bible ( ) and is a constant message.

Yahshua will return at the proper time no matter what humans do. He is the Lion of the Tribe of Yudah, Yahweh Elohim in the flesh. Nothing and no one will prevent Him from accomplishing His will.

Also, the inhabitants of the land of Judea were defeated, enslaved, and exiled because of their unbelief, becaue of the refusal of the majority of them to accept the Messiah. Can you find any Scriptures for us which say the Jews or any Israelites will be allowed to return to the Promised Land without first accepting Yahshua HaMashiach as their Lord and Saviour?

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Ebed-Yahweh said:
Bear Jim, are you aware that John tells Zechariah 12:10 has already been fulfilled?

KJV Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

That is a mistranslation, the original hebrew reads:
"I will pour upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplications. They will look toward Me because of those whom they have stabbed, they will mourn over him as one mourns over an only [child], and be embittered over him like the embitterment over a [deceased] firstborn"

Ebed-Yahweh said:
Also, no one is saying that the Church has replaced Israel. We are saying that the True Church/Body of Yahshua HaMashiach is Israel.

Israel is the descendants of Yacov, ie the Jews. Your replacement theology holds no scriptural backup.

Ebed-Yahweh said:
Yahshua will return at the proper time no matter what humans do. He is the Lion of the Tribe of Yudah, Yahweh Elohim in the flesh. Nothing and no one will prevent Him from accomplishing His will.

Fair enough, but he was a Rabbinic Jew who kept the Torah and taught in Jewish Synagogues. And he said in that same manner would he return, he is returning a Jew in a Jewish state and reinstating the temple and the sacrifices. Deny this and you are denying the Bible.

Ebed-Yahweh said:
Also, the inhabitants of the land of Judea were defeated, enslaved, and exiled because of their unbelief, becaue of the refusal of the majority of them to accept the Messiah. Can you find any Scriptures for us which say the Jews or any Israelites will be allowed to return to the Promised Land without first accepting Yahshua HaMashiach as their Lord and Saviour?

Can you find any verses that say they HAVE to accept Yeshua before they can return to their land? Infact, G-d never mentions this stipulation and simply says the land is theirs and he will bring them back and they shall be his people and he will be their G-d. He has sent them to every corner of the earth but he is calling them back even now.
They accept G-d as their L-rd and Saviour and that is ALL they need.

Deuteronomy 4:27-31 – (27) And the L-rd will scatter you among the peoples, and you will remain few in number among the nations where the L-rd will lead you. (28) And there you will serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which do not see, and do not hear, and do not eat, and do not smell. (29) And if, from there, you will seek the L-rd your G-d, then you will find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. (30) When you are in distress, and these words will find their way to you; in the end of days, you will return to the L-rd your G-d, and you will obey him; (31) For the L-rd your G-d is a merciful G-d, He will not forsake you and will not destroy you; and He will not forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them

Take your replacement theology hatred somewere else

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Israelis eventually want peace, and I think that is debatable, they will have to move out of Arab land. Thinking that they have some God given right to occupy old Biblical lands does not compute in the 21st Century! We live in the modern world, not Biblical times!!!

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Tangnefedd said:
If the Israelis eventually want peace, and I think that is debatable, they will have to move out of Arab land. Thinking that they have some God given right to occupy old Biblical lands does not compute in the 21st Century! We live in the modern world, not Biblical times!!!

ah I see! so the Bible is no longer relevant? Tell me exactly when G-d says he will give the land to them for an ETERNAL inheritance, what exactly does ETERNAL mean? Does it mean for a little while but not applicable in the 21st century? Did G-d lie?

Israel owns the land legally too. It isnt arab land.

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hix said:
"I will pour upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplications. They will look toward Me because of those whom they have stabbed, they will mourn over him as one mourns over an only [child], and be embittered over him like the embitterment over a [deceased] firstborn"

I fail to see what difference that makes. Anway, according to my Hebrew dictionary (Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Hebrew Dictionary Ref #1856, the word used in Zechariah 12:10 דקר daqar means: to drive through, pierce, stab. Also, in Ben-Yehuda's Pocket English-Hebrew Hebrew English Dictionary, דקר daqar is the second listing under "to pierce". The Greek word used in John 19:37 is εκκεντεω ekkenteo, v. to pierce. Anyway, no matter how you slice it, John 19:37 is an obvious reference to Zechariah 12:10.

Hix said:

Now then, as these verses demonstrate, there can be no worship of nor relationship with the Father (Yahweh) if one does not know the Son (Yahshua).

KJV John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

KJV John 5:20-23
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

KJV John 8:16-19
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

KJV John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

KJV John 15:23-25
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Hix said:
Can you find any verses that say they HAVE to accept Yeshua before they can return to their land? Infact, G-d never mentions this stipulation and simply says the land is theirs and he will bring them back and they shall be his people and he will be their G-d.

KJV Ezekiel 37:1-28
1 The hand of the LORD (Yahweh) was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD (Yahweh) , and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? and I answered, O Lord GOD (Yahweh) , thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD (Yahweh) .
5 Thus saith the Lord GOD (Yahweh) unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD (Yahweh) .
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD (Yahweh) ; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD (Yahweh) ; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD (Yahweh) , when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD (Yahweh) have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD (Yahweh) .
15 The word of the LORD (Yahweh) came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD (Yahweh) ; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD (Yahweh) ; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD (Yahweh) do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

KJV Luke 1:31-33
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus (Yahshua - Salvation of Yahweh).
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end

Upvote 0

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, beyond the old promises of prophecy, doesn't anyone else see the implications of the US unilaterally making an announcement which not only reverses thier own policy but the joint policy of the US-UK, the UN and Europe. Right now, the US is going to the UN to ask for help regarding Iraq, a day after they publically supported a policy the UN has condemned.

Also, how exactly is a plan imposed on one party going to stop the violence. Do you think the Palistinians are saying, "Gee, well if the US wants it, we must do it." I know, I know, the might and right of Isreal will conquor all as it justly should. But come on, whether we agree with one side or the other, wouldn't it be best to have an agreement that stops the violence, instead of inflames it.

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but the government of Zionist Pseudo-Israel doesn't truly desire peace. They won't be happy unitl every last Palestinian is dead or gone from the Promised Land.

If anyone involved seriously desired peace, they wouldn't give the Palestinians two separate sections of real estate which are divided by the land of their oppressors. In order to travel from Gaza to the West Bank, a Palestinian is required to pass through a lot of humiliating security check points and searches. This only serves to increase their hostility to the Israelis. What the Powers That Be need to do is trade some land between Israel and the Palestinian territories so that this is no longer the case. (A middle-aged Gypsy/Roma man I talked to once brought up this idea to me a couple of years ago, and I think it's a good one.) But this will never happen. Eternal war for eternal piece is the motto of our Illuminated overlords.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Axion

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2003
uk
Visit site
✟4,616.00
Faith
Catholic
Arturis said:
- Not to mention that Palestine has never been a country but rather only a region called by many things including Palestine. There has never been a distinct "Palestinian people". Up until the Jews reclaimed the land from the desert and swamps, there was nothing but scattered Bedouin tribes. The whole region was a wasteland and uninhabited.
What? :confused:

You need to read some history. Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, Christian and Moslem, were driven out of their homes in current Israel in 1948. These are the present people in the refugee camps. As for the name "Palestine", the Holy Land was called that in the time of the Romans. It is in itself a Latinisation of another word you might be familiar with, "Philistine". Even in the time of the Kings Ancient Israel never inhabited the whole of the land, the Philistines and others inhabited the coastal region. The Israelites lived in the hill country. Current "Palestinians" are descendants not just of the Philistines, but of the other inhabitants of the area including Samaritans, Christianised, and Islamised Jews, and people settled after the Jewish revolt of AD 135.

Not only that, but nobody even recognized the region until after the 6 day war. It was never mentioned by any arab governments until after that point.
Palestine was the name for the whole region of Israel and the West Bank before 1948.

The whole Palestinian thing is a scam if you ask me. What claim do alien arabs to the region now called Palestinians have for lands that were never theirs to begin with?
Alien Arabs? These people have been living there for thousands of years! If the Palestinians are "alien", all the Americans better start packing their bags and moving back to Europe!

The simple fact is that this greed for other peoples land is ruining the best chances Israel will ever have for peace with its neighbours. The Palestinians might settle for a West Bank State. They won't settle for a few scattered "reservations" with Israeli settlements dominating and dividing up the land.

Upvote 0

Axion

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2003
uk
Visit site
✟4,616.00
Faith
Catholic
Hix said:
You are asking Israel hand over land it won in a defensive war. No other country EVER has been asked to do that. It is Israels by law.
No it's not. It is occupied land, taken in a war that Israel started, the 1967 Arab-Israeli law. The land should have been handed back long ago to the rightful inhabitants, and none seized for settlements.

Israel is barely even 0.1% in size of all the arab lands, its not like they dont have anywere else to live. The "palestinians" as you call them mostly came from Jordan and Egypt.
No. The Palestinians came from Palestine - hence the name. All "Arabs" are not the same. Syrians are not Morroccans, Iraqis are not Egyptians. Just because they all speak forms of Arabic doesn't make them one people. Or is it alright to throw everybody out of New York and Pennsylvania and tell them they can go off and live in Australia somewhere?

Id also like you to explain how Jesus the Jew will return to Jerusalem if Israel gives it up retreating to the 1948 borders when Jesus the Jew says he will return to Israel? And tell me how you compromise the promise that all the land belongs to Israel which is written over 100 times in the Bible ( :eek: ) and is a constant message.
The true Israel is the church, the people of God, not a man-made secular state.

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree wholeheartedly, Axion. Americans and Europeans who claim to follow Christ (Yahshua HaMashiach) should realize that there are far more Christians amongst the Palestinians (and all other Arabs) then there are among the Jews, especially the Pseudo-Israeli Jews. Think about that people.

Axion said:

Amen and amen. HalleluYah! Amen.

Upvote 0
I'm skipping all of the prophecy talk, because I think it's useless in this sort of discussion. Now to the other issues.

To say that the Israeli government wants all Palestinians dead and gone and rejects utterly the idea of a Palestinian state does not follow when you examine Israel's policies. Israel has repeatedly supported the creation of a Palestinian state when the attacks stop. Sharon plans to withdraw from Gaza, and the Palestinian Authority will be free to take over and govern there.

Furthermore, if the Palestinians, and the surrounding Arab nations, truly wanted and supported the creation of a Palestinian state, time did pass, from 1949 to 1967, when the West Bank was under Jordanian control and the Gaza Strip under Egyptian. A state could have been created, or at least the beginnings of a state, during that time. Now, mostly likely, the lack of a move to this was more the result of the surrounding Arab nations than the Palestianian people themselves, but the reality is that there WAS an opportunity, and it was not taken.

Even so, Israel has still said that they will work to create a Palestinian state. But no reasonable country is going to support the creation of a completely hostile and volatile state right on their borders, especially when the provisional government of that state has repeatedly proven itself either unwilling or unable to control military actions within that state and when the head of the state is a man who founded a terrorist organization. I hardly think Israel's hesitation in this matter can be considered unjustified.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Tangnefedd said:

Sorry. But we have always lived on God's time, Biblically or not. God's time is what counts including modern time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Axion said:
No it's not. It is occupied land, taken in a war that Israel started, the 1967 Arab-Israeli law. The land should have been handed back long ago to the rightful inhabitants, and none seized for settlements.

I think your talking about the Six Day war, one which I have studied quite thoroughly. It was by every definition of the word a defensive war, infact the Israelis were grossly outnumbered as all the Arab nations surrounding rose up to strike. Israel pre-empted this as history records. Your own warped interperation wont change hard facts, Im afraid.

Axion said:
No. The Palestinians came from Palestine - hence the name. All "Arabs" are not the same. Syrians are not Morroccans, Iraqis are not Egyptians. Just because they all speak forms of Arabic doesn't make them one people. Or is it alright to throw everybody out of New York and Pennsylvania and tell them they can go off and live in Australia somewhere?

There is no such place as Palestine, that is a myth.

Axion said:

Thats very nice, the Bible says differently.

G-ds eternal chosen covenant people are "Israel" the descendants of Israel who is Jacob and these are the Jews. The land they were given as an eternal inheritance is the land of Israel. Deny this and you deny a consistant message in the Bible and call G-d a lier.

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Arturis

Naturalist & Free Thinker
Feb 27, 2004
Tri-State
✟15,683.00
Faith
Christian
Axion said:
What? :confused:

You need to read some history. Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, Christian and Moslem, were driven out of their homes in current Israel in 1948. These are the present people in the refugee camps. As for the name "Palestine", the Holy Land was called that in the time of the Romans. It is in itself a Latinisation of another word you might be familiar with, "Philistine". Even in the time of the Kings Ancient Israel never inhabited the whole of the land, the Philistines and others inhabited the coastal region. The Israelites lived in the hill country. Current "Palestinians" are descendants not just of the Philistines, but of the other inhabitants of the area including Samaritans, Christianised, and Islamised Jews, and people settled after the Jewish revolt of AD 135.

Palestine was the name for the whole region of Israel and the West Bank before 1948.

Alien Arabs? These people have been living there for thousands of years! If the Palestinians are "alien", all the Americans better start packing their bags and moving back to Europe!

The simple fact is that this greed for other peoples land is ruining the best chances Israel will ever have for peace with its neighbours. The Palestinians might settle for a West Bank State. They won't settle for a few scattered "reservations" with Israeli settlements dominating and dividing up the land.

WHAT DOES "PALESTINE" MEAN?
It has never been the name of a nation or state. It is a geographical
term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is
no nation or state there.

The word itself derives from "Peleshet", a name that appears frequently in
the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine". The name began to be
used in the Thirteenth Century BC, for a wave of migrant "Sea Peoples"
who came from the area of the Aegean Sea and the Greek Islands and settled on
the southern coast of the land of Canaan. There they established five
independent city-states (including Gaza) on a narrow strip of land known as
Philistia. The Greeks and Romans called it "Palastina".

The Philistines were not Arabs, they were not Semites. They had no
connection, ethnic, linguistic or historical with Arabia or Arabs. The
name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic
name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Greco-Roman "Palastina" derived
from the Peleshet.

HOW DID THE LAND OF ISRAEL BECOME "PALESTINE"?
In the First Century AD, the Romans crushed the independent kingdom of
Judea. After the failed rebellion of Bar Kokhba in the Second Century AD,
the Roman Emperor Hadrian determined to wipe out the identity of
Israel-Judah-Judea. Therefore, he took the name Palastina and imposed it
on all the Land of Israel. At the same time, he changed the name of
Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina.

The Romans killed many Jews and sold many more in slavery. Some of those
who survived still alive and free left the devastated country, but there
was never a complete abandonment of the Land. There was never a time when
there were not Jews and Jewish communities, though the size and conditions
of those communities fluctuated greatly.

THE HISTORY OF PALESTINE
Thousands of years before the Romans invented "Palastina" the land had
been known as "Canaan". The Canaanites had many tiny city-states, each one
at times independent and at times a vassal of an Egyptian or Hittite king.
The Canaanites never united into a state.

After the Exodus from Egypt probably in the Thirteenth Century BC but
perhaps earlier -- , the Children of Israel settled in the land of Canaan.
There they formed first a tribal confederation, and then the biblical
kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and the post-biblical kingdom of Judea.

>From the beginning of history to this day, Israel-Judah-Judea has the only
united, independent, sovereign nation-state that ever existed in
"Palestine" west of the Jordan River. (In biblical times, Ammon, Moab and
Edom as well as Israel had land east of the Jordan, but they disappeared
in antiquity and no other nation took their place until the British
invented Trans-Jordan in the 1920s.)

After the Roman conquest of Judea, "Palastina" became a province of the
pagan Roman Empire and then of the Christian Byzantine Empire, and very
briefly of the Zoroastrian Persian Empire. In 638 CE, an Arab-Muslim
Caliph took Palastina away from the Byzantine Empire and made it part of
an Arab-Muslim Empire. The Arabs, who had no name of their own for this
region, adopted the Greco-Roman name Palastina, that they pronounced
"Falastin".

In that period, much of the mixed population of Palastina converted to
Islam and adopted the Arabic language. They were subjects of a distant
Caliph who ruled them from his capital, that was first in Damascus and
later in Baghdad. They did not become a nation or an independent state, or
develop a distinct society or culture.

In 1099, Christian Crusaders from Europe conquered Palestina-Falastin.
After 1099, it was never again under Arab rule. The Christian Crusader
kingdom was politically independent, but never developed a national
identity. It remained a military outpost of Christian Europe, and lasted
less than 100 years. Thereafter, Palestine was joined to Syria as a
subject province first of the Mameluks, ethnically mixed slave-warriors
whose center was in Egypt, and then of the Ottoman Turks, whose capital
was in Istanbul.

During the First World War, the British took Palestine from the Ottoman
Turks. At the end of the war, the Ottoman Empire collapsed and among its
subject provinces "Palestine" was assigned to the British, to govern
temporarily as a mandate from the League of Nations.

THE JEWISH NATIONAL HOME
Travellers to Palestine from the Western world left records of what they
saw there. The theme throughout their reports is dismal: The land was
empty, neglected, abandoned, desolate, fallen into ruins

Nothing there [Jerusalem] to be seen but a little of the old walls which
is yet remaining and all the rest is grass, moss and weeds. -- English
pilgrim in 1590

The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore
its greatest need is of a body of population" -- British consul in 1857

There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent [valley of
Jezreel] -- not for 30 miles in either direction. . . . One may ride 10
miles hereabouts and not see 10 human beings.

For the sort of solitude to make one dreary, come to Galilee . . .
Nazareth is forlorn . . . Jericho lies a moldering ruin . . . Bethlehem
and Bethany, in their poverty and humiliation . . . untenanted by any
living creature . . . .

A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to
weeds . . a silent, mournful expanse . . . a desolation . . . . We never
saw a human being on the whole route . . . . Hardly a tree or shrub
anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a
worthless soil, had almost deserted the country . . . .

Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes . . . desolate and unlovely . . . .
-- Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, 1867

The restoration of the "desolate and unlovely" land began in the latter
half of the Nineteenth Century with the first Jewish pioneers. Their
labors created newer and better conditions and opportunities, which in
turn attracted migrants from many parts of the Middle East, both Arabs
and others.

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, confirmed by the League of Nations
Mandate, commited the British Government to the principle that "His
Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a
Jewish National Home, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the
achievement of this object. . . . " It was specified both that this area
be open to "close Jewish settlement" and that the rights of all
inhabitants already in the country be preserved and protected.

Mandate Palestine originally included all of what is now Jordan, as well
as all of what is now Israel, and the territories between them. However,
when Great Britain's protégé Emir Abdullah was forced to leave the
ancestral Hashemite domain in Arabia, the British created a realm for him
that included all of Manfate Palestine east of the Jordan River. There was
no traditional or historic Arab name for this land, so it was called after
the river: first Trans-Jordan and later Jordan.

By this political act, that violated the conditions of the Balfour
Declaration and the Mandate, the British cut more than 75 percent out of
the Jewish National Home. No Jew has ever been permitted to reside in
Trans-Jordan/Jordan.

Less than 25 percent then remained of Mandate Palestine, and even in this
remnant, the British violated the Balfour and Mandate requirements for a
"Jewish National Home" and for "close Jewish settlement". They
progressively restricted where Jews could buy land, where they could live,
build, farm or work.

After the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel was finally able to settle some
small part of those lands from which the Jews had been debarred by the
British. Successive British governments regularly condemn their settlement
as "illegal". In truth, it was the British who had acted illegally in
banning Jews from these parts of the Jewish National Home.

WHO IS A PALESTINIAN?
During the period of the Mandate, it was the Jewish population that was
known as "Palestinians" including those who served in the British Army in
World War II.

British policy was to curtail their numbers and progressively limit Jewish
immigration. By 1939, the White Paper virtually put an end to admission of
Jews to Palestine. This policy was imposed the most stringently at the
very time this Home was most desperately needed -- after the rise of Nazi
power in Europe. Jews who might have developed the empty lands of
Palestine and left progeny there, instead died in the gas chambers of
Europe or in the seas they were trying to cross to the Promised Land.

At the same time that the British slammed the gates on Jews, they
permitted or ignored massive illegal immigration into Western Palestine
from Arab countries Jordan, Syria, Egypt, North Africa. In 1939, Winston
Churchill noted that "So far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded
into the country and multiplied . . . ." Exact population statistics may
be problematic, but it seems that by 1947 the number of Arabs west of the
Jordan River was approximately triple of what it had been in 1900.

The current myth is that these Arabs were long established in Palestine,
until the Jews came and "displaced" them. The fact is, that recent Arab
immigration into Palestine "displaced" the Jews. That the massive increase
in Arab population was very recent is attested by the ruling of the United
Nations: That any Arab who had lived in Palestine for two years and then
left in 1948 qualifies as a "Palestinian refugees".

Casual use of population statistics for Jews and Arabs in Palestine rarely
consider how the proportions came to be. One factor was the British policy
of keeping out Jews while bringing in Arabs. Another factor was the
violence used to kill or drive out Jews even where they had been long
established.

For one example: The Jewish connection with Hebron goes back to Abraham,
and there has been an Israelite/Jewish community there since Joshua long
before it was King David's first capital. In 1929, Arab rioters with the
passive consent of the British -- killed or drove out virtually the entire
Jewish community.

For another example: In 1948, Trans-Jordan seized much of Judea and
Samaria (which they called The West Bank) and East Jerusalem and the Old
City. They killed or drove out every Jew.

It is now often proposed as a principle of international law and morality
that all places that the British and the Arabs rendered Judenrein must
forever remain so. In contrast, Israel eventually allotted 17 percent of
Mandate Palestine has a large and growing population of Arab citizens.

FROM PALESTINE TO ISRAEL
What was to become of "Palestine" after the Mandate? This question was
taken up by various British and international commissions and other
bodies, culminating with the United Nations in 1947. During the various
deliberations, Arab officials, spokesmen and writers expressed their views
on "Palestine".

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists
invented. . . . Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine'
is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it." -- Local Arab
leader to British Peel Commission, 1937

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not" --
Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian to Anglo-American Committee of
Inquiry, 1946

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria." --
Ahmed Shukairy, United Nations Security Council, 1956,

By 1948, the Arabs had still not yet discovered their ancient nation of
Falastin. When they were offered half of Palestine west of the Jordan
River for a state, the offer was violently rejected. Six Arab states
launched a war of annihilation against the nascent State of Israel. Their
purpose was not to establish an independent Falastin. Their aim was to
partition western Palestine amongst themselves.

They did not succeed in killing Israel, but Trans-Jordan succeeded in
taking Judea and Samaria (West Bank) and East Jerusalem, killing or
driving out all the Jews who had lived in those places, and banning Jews
of all nations from Jewish holy places. Egypt succeeded in taking the Gaza
Strip. These two Arab states held these lands until 1967. Then they
launched another war of annihilation against Israel, and in consequence
lost the lands they had taken by war in 1948. During those 19 years,
1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt never offered to surrendar those lands to
make up an independent state of Falastin. The "Palestinians" never sought
it. Nobody in the world ever suggested it,much less demanded it.

Finally, in 1964, the Palestine Liberation Movement was founded. Ahmed
Shukairy, who less than 10 years earlier had denied the existence of
Palestine, was its first chairman. Its charter proclaimed its sole purpose
to be the destruction of Israel. To that end it helped to precipitate the
Arab attack on Israel in 1967.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Arturis said:
WHAT DOES "PALESTINE" MEAN?
It has never been the name of a nation or state. It is a geographical
term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there is
no nation or state there.

The word itself derives from "Peleshet", a name that appears frequently in
the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine". The name began to be
used in the Thirteenth Century BC, for a wave of migrant "Sea Peoples"
who came from the area of the Aegean Sea and the Greek Islands and settled on
the southern coast of the land of Canaan. There they established five
independent city-states (including Gaza) on a narrow strip of land known as
Philistia. The Greeks and Romans called it "Palastina".

The Philistines were not Arabs, they were not Semites. They had no
connection, ethnic, linguistic or historical with Arabia or Arabs. The
name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic
name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Greco-Roman "Palastina" derived
from the Peleshet.

HOW DID THE LAND OF ISRAEL BECOME "PALESTINE"?
In the First Century AD, the Romans crushed the independent kingdom of
Judea. After the failed rebellion of Bar Kokhba in the Second Century AD,
the Roman Emperor Hadrian determined to wipe out the identity of
Israel-Judah-Judea. Therefore, he took the name Palastina and imposed it
on all the Land of Israel. At the same time, he changed the name of
Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina.

The Romans killed many Jews and sold many more in slavery. Some of those
who survived still alive and free left the devastated country, but there
was never a complete abandonment of the Land. There was never a time when
there were not Jews and Jewish communities, though the size and conditions
of those communities fluctuated greatly.

THE HISTORY OF PALESTINE
Thousands of years before the Romans invented "Palastina" the land had
been known as "Canaan". The Canaanites had many tiny city-states, each one
at times independent and at times a vassal of an Egyptian or Hittite king.
The Canaanites never united into a state.

After the Exodus from Egypt probably in the Thirteenth Century BC but
perhaps earlier -- , the Children of Israel settled in the land of Canaan.
There they formed first a tribal confederation, and then the biblical
kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and the post-biblical kingdom of Judea.

>From the beginning of history to this day, Israel-Judah-Judea has the only
united, independent, sovereign nation-state that ever existed in
"Palestine" west of the Jordan River. (In biblical times, Ammon, Moab and
Edom as well as Israel had land east of the Jordan, but they disappeared
in antiquity and no other nation took their place until the British
invented Trans-Jordan in the 1920s.)

After the Roman conquest of Judea, "Palastina" became a province of the
pagan Roman Empire and then of the Christian Byzantine Empire, and very
briefly of the Zoroastrian Persian Empire. In 638 CE, an Arab-Muslim
Caliph took Palastina away from the Byzantine Empire and made it part of
an Arab-Muslim Empire. The Arabs, who had no name of their own for this
region, adopted the Greco-Roman name Palastina, that they pronounced
"Falastin".

In that period, much of the mixed population of Palastina converted to
Islam and adopted the Arabic language. They were subjects of a distant
Caliph who ruled them from his capital, that was first in Damascus and
later in Baghdad. They did not become a nation or an independent state, or
develop a distinct society or culture.

In 1099, Christian Crusaders from Europe conquered Palestina-Falastin.
After 1099, it was never again under Arab rule. The Christian Crusader
kingdom was politically independent, but never developed a national
identity. It remained a military outpost of Christian Europe, and lasted
less than 100 years. Thereafter, Palestine was joined to Syria as a
subject province first of the Mameluks, ethnically mixed slave-warriors
whose center was in Egypt, and then of the Ottoman Turks, whose capital
was in Istanbul.

During the First World War, the British took Palestine from the Ottoman
Turks. At the end of the war, the Ottoman Empire collapsed and among its
subject provinces "Palestine" was assigned to the British, to govern
temporarily as a mandate from the League of Nations.

THE JEWISH NATIONAL HOME
Travellers to Palestine from the Western world left records of what they
saw there. The theme throughout their reports is dismal: The land was
empty, neglected, abandoned, desolate, fallen into ruins

Nothing there [Jerusalem] to be seen but a little of the old walls which
is yet remaining and all the rest is grass, moss and weeds. -- English
pilgrim in 1590

The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore
its greatest need is of a body of population" -- British consul in 1857

There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent [valley of
Jezreel] -- not for 30 miles in either direction. . . . One may ride 10
miles hereabouts and not see 10 human beings.

For the sort of solitude to make one dreary, come to Galilee . . .
Nazareth is forlorn . . . Jericho lies a moldering ruin . . . Bethlehem
and Bethany, in their poverty and humiliation . . . untenanted by any
living creature . . . .

A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to
weeds . . a silent, mournful expanse . . . a desolation . . . . We never
saw a human being on the whole route . . . . Hardly a tree or shrub
anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a
worthless soil, had almost deserted the country . . . .

Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes . . . desolate and unlovely . . . .
-- Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, 1867

The restoration of the "desolate and unlovely" land began in the latter
half of the Nineteenth Century with the first Jewish pioneers. Their
labors created newer and better conditions and opportunities, which in
turn attracted migrants from many parts of the Middle East, both Arabs
and others.

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, confirmed by the League of Nations
Mandate, commited the British Government to the principle that "His
Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a
Jewish National Home, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the
achievement of this object. . . . " It was specified both that this area
be open to "close Jewish settlement" and that the rights of all
inhabitants already in the country be preserved and protected.

Mandate Palestine originally included all of what is now Jordan, as well
as all of what is now Israel, and the territories between them. However,
when Great Britain's protégé Emir Abdullah was forced to leave the
ancestral Hashemite domain in Arabia, the British created a realm for him
that included all of Manfate Palestine east of the Jordan River. There was
no traditional or historic Arab name for this land, so it was called after
the river: first Trans-Jordan and later Jordan.

By this political act, that violated the conditions of the Balfour
Declaration and the Mandate, the British cut more than 75 percent out of
the Jewish National Home. No Jew has ever been permitted to reside in
Trans-Jordan/Jordan.

Less than 25 percent then remained of Mandate Palestine, and even in this
remnant, the British violated the Balfour and Mandate requirements for a
"Jewish National Home" and for "close Jewish settlement". They
progressively restricted where Jews could buy land, where they could live,
build, farm or work.

After the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel was finally able to settle some
small part of those lands from which the Jews had been debarred by the
British. Successive British governments regularly condemn their settlement
as "illegal". In truth, it was the British who had acted illegally in
banning Jews from these parts of the Jewish National Home.

WHO IS A PALESTINIAN?
During the period of the Mandate, it was the Jewish population that was
known as "Palestinians" including those who served in the British Army in
World War II.

British policy was to curtail their numbers and progressively limit Jewish
immigration. By 1939, the White Paper virtually put an end to admission of
Jews to Palestine. This policy was imposed the most stringently at the
very time this Home was most desperately needed -- after the rise of Nazi
power in Europe. Jews who might have developed the empty lands of
Palestine and left progeny there, instead died in the gas chambers of
Europe or in the seas they were trying to cross to the Promised Land.

At the same time that the British slammed the gates on Jews, they
permitted or ignored massive illegal immigration into Western Palestine
from Arab countries Jordan, Syria, Egypt, North Africa. In 1939, Winston
Churchill noted that "So far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded
into the country and multiplied . . . ." Exact population statistics may
be problematic, but it seems that by 1947 the number of Arabs west of the
Jordan River was approximately triple of what it had been in 1900.

The current myth is that these Arabs were long established in Palestine,
until the Jews came and "displaced" them. The fact is, that recent Arab
immigration into Palestine "displaced" the Jews. That the massive increase
in Arab population was very recent is attested by the ruling of the United
Nations: That any Arab who had lived in Palestine for two years and then
left in 1948 qualifies as a "Palestinian refugees".

Casual use of population statistics for Jews and Arabs in Palestine rarely
consider how the proportions came to be. One factor was the British policy
of keeping out Jews while bringing in Arabs. Another factor was the
violence used to kill or drive out Jews even where they had been long
established.

For one example: The Jewish connection with Hebron goes back to Abraham,
and there has been an Israelite/Jewish community there since Joshua long
before it was King David's first capital. In 1929, Arab rioters with the
passive consent of the British -- killed or drove out virtually the entire
Jewish community.

For another example: In 1948, Trans-Jordan seized much of Judea and
Samaria (which they called The West Bank) and East Jerusalem and the Old
City. They killed or drove out every Jew.

It is now often proposed as a principle of international law and morality
that all places that the British and the Arabs rendered Judenrein must
forever remain so. In contrast, Israel eventually allotted 17 percent of
Mandate Palestine has a large and growing population of Arab citizens.

FROM PALESTINE TO ISRAEL
What was to become of "Palestine" after the Mandate? This question was
taken up by various British and international commissions and other
bodies, culminating with the United Nations in 1947. During the various
deliberations, Arab officials, spokesmen and writers expressed their views
on "Palestine".

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists
invented. . . . Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine'
is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it." -- Local Arab
leader to British Peel Commission, 1937

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not" --
Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian to Anglo-American Committee of
Inquiry, 1946

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria." --
Ahmed Shukairy, United Nations Security Council, 1956,

By 1948, the Arabs had still not yet discovered their ancient nation of
Falastin. When they were offered half of Palestine west of the Jordan
River for a state, the offer was violently rejected. Six Arab states
launched a war of annihilation against the nascent State of Israel. Their
purpose was not to establish an independent Falastin. Their aim was to
partition western Palestine amongst themselves.

They did not succeed in killing Israel, but Trans-Jordan succeeded in
taking Judea and Samaria (West Bank) and East Jerusalem, killing or
driving out all the Jews who had lived in those places, and banning Jews
of all nations from Jewish holy places. Egypt succeeded in taking the Gaza
Strip. These two Arab states held these lands until 1967. Then they
launched another war of annihilation against Israel, and in consequence
lost the lands they had taken by war in 1948. During those 19 years,
1948-1967, Jordan and Egypt never offered to surrendar those lands to
make up an independent state of Falastin. The "Palestinians" never sought
it. Nobody in the world ever suggested it,much less demanded it.

Finally, in 1964, the Palestine Liberation Movement was founded. Ahmed
Shukairy, who less than 10 years earlier had denied the existence of
Palestine, was its first chairman. Its charter proclaimed its sole purpose
to be the destruction of Israel. To that end it helped to precipitate the
Arab attack on Israel in 1967.

Thanks for the reading. Did you accumulate these info or from a website?

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay, here's something from the other side:

Moreover, in late 19th and early 20th century Palestine, it was often the peasantry that alerted the Arab notability and elite to the dangers inherent in Zionist land purchases and settlement. It has often been claimed that an Arab awareness of the Zionist takeover of Palestinian land only became entrenched in the late 1930s, too late to mount a coordinated campaign to offset the by-now permanent features of Jewish settlement in Palestine.

But, as Rashid Khalidi has pointed out, land sales and transfers of whole groups of Palestinian fellaheen out of their traditional villages to make way for Zionist collectives instigated a number of serious peasant-led rebellions. Among the most important were those in the Tiberias region in 1901-1902 and Afula in 1910-1911.

Although peasant insurgencies against Zionist settlements were recorded from as early as 1884-1886, those in Tiberias and Afula were significant because they galvanized Arab nationalist opinion against the systematic colonization of Palestine by Jewish agricultural communities.

They also laid bare the seemingly laissez-faire attitude of Ottoman governors who went along with Zionist aims on the pretext that they were just upholding a contractual agreement between a buyer and seller (often an Arab absentee landowner).

Such Ottoman Arab notables as Amir Amin Arslan and Shukri al-Asali-- both sub-district governors in Palestine at the time-- not only took issue with their superiors' orders and resisted the command to turn over land held communally by Palestinian fellaheen (but frequently privately owned by Arab merchant families) to organizations, such as the Jewish Colonization Association, but also rallied Arab nationalist opinion against such sales in the Ottoman parliament and the Arab press.

Because they had been first-hand witnesses to the peasant rebellions against Zionist land expropriation, they became ardent sympathizers with, and vocal supporters of the Palestinian cause.

Thus the politicization of the Ottoman Arab elite, usually seen as a by-product of Western influence, actually took its cue from the very real grievances of the Palestinian peasantry, the one sector of Palestinian society often seen as having no voice in its own affairs.

April 19, 1999

Of Iraqi origin, Dr. Hala Fattah is a historian of the Arab provinces of the Ottoman empire, especially Iraq. She is the author of The Politics of Regional Trade of Iraq, Arabia and the Gulf, 1745-1900 (S.U.N.Y Press, 1996). Presently, she is an Independent Scholar.

References :
Khalidi, Rashid, "Palestinian Peasant Resistance to Zionism Before World War I " in Edward Said and Christopher Hitchens, eds. Blaming The Victims : Spurious Scholarship and The Palestinian Question, London : Verso, 1988.

(From http://www.jerusalemites.org/jerusalem/ottoman/3.htm)

1517 AD : The Ottoman Turks of Asia Minor defeated the Mamelukes, with few interruptions, ruled Palestine until the winter of 1917-18. The country was divided into several districts (sanjaks), such as that of Jerusalem. The administration of the districts was placed largely in the hands of Arab Palestinians, who were descendants of the Canaanites. The Christian and Jewish communities, however, were allowed a large measure of autonomy. Palestine shared in the glory of the Ottoman Empire during the 16th century, but declined again when the empire began to decline in the 17th century.

1831-1840 AD : Muhammad Ali, the modernizing viceroy of Egypt, expanded his rule to Palestine . His policies modified the feudal order, increased agriculture, and improved education.

1840 The Ottoman Empire reasserted its authority, instituting its own reforms .

1845 Jewish in Palestine were 12,000 increased to 85,000 by 1914. All people in Palestine were Arabic Muslims and Christians.

1897 the first Zionist Congress held Basle, Switzerland, issued the Basle programme on the colonization of Palestine

1900-1946​

1904 the Fourth Zionist Congress decided to establish a national home for Jews in Argentina.

1906 the Zionist congress decided the Jewish homeland should be Palestine.

1914 With the outbreak of World War I, Britain promised the independence of Arab lands under Ottoman rule, including Palestine, in return for Arab support against Turkey which had entered the war on the side of Germany.

1916 Britain and France signed the Sykes-Picot Agreement, which divided the Arab region into zones of influence. Lebanon and Syria were assigned to France, Jordan and Iraq to Britain and Palestine was to be internationalized.

1917 The British government issued the Balfour Declaration on November 2, in the form of a letter to a British Zionist leader from the foreign secretary Arthur J. Balfour prmissing him the establishment of a national home for the Jewish people in Palestine.

1917-1918 Aided by the Arabs, the British captured Palestine from the Ottoman Turks. The Arabs revolted against the Turks because the British had promised them, in correspondence with Shareef Husein ibn Ali of Mecca, the independence of their countries after the war. Britain, however, also made other, conflicting commitments in the secret Sykes-Picot agreement with France and Russia (1916), it promised to divide and rule the region with its allies. In a third agreement, the Balfour Declaration of 1917, Britain promised the Jews a Jewish "national home" in Palestine .

1918 After WW I ended, Jews began to migrate to Palestine, which was set a side as a British mandate with the approval of the League of Nations in 1922. Large-scale Jewish settlement and extensive Zionist agricultural and industrial enterprises in Palestine began during the British mandatory period, which lasted until 1948.

1919 The Palestinians convened their first National Conference and expressed their opposition to the Balfour Declaration.

1920 The San Remo Conference granted Britain a mandate over Palestine. and two years later Palestine was effectively under British administration. Sir Herbert Samuel, a declared Zionist, was sent as Britain's first High Commissioner to Palestine.

1922 The Council of the League of Nations issued a Mandate for Palestine.

1929 Large-scale attacks on Jews by Arabs rocked Jerusalem. Palestinians killed 133 Jews and suffered 116 deaths. Sparked by a dispute over use of the Western Wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque ( this site is sacred to Muslims, but Jews claimed it is the remaining of jews temple all studies shows clearly that the wall is from the Islamic ages and it is part of al-Aqsa Mosque). But the roots of the conflict lay deeper in Arab fears of the Zionist movement which aimed to make at least part of British-administered Palestine a Jewish state.

1936 The Palestinians held a six-month General Strike to protest against the confiscation of land and Jewish immigration.

1937 Peel Commission, headed by Lord Robert Peel, issued a report. Basically, the commission concluded, the mandate in Palestine was unworkable There was no hope of any cooperative national entity there that included both Arabs and Jews. The commission went on to recommend the partition of Palestine into a Jewish state, an Arab state, and a neutral sacred-site state to be administered by Britain.

1939 The British government published a White Paper restricting Jewish immigration and offering independence for Palestine within ten years. This was rejected by the Zionists, who then organized terrorist groups and launched a bloody campaign against the British and the Palestinians.

(From http://www.palestinehistory.com/history.htm)

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hix said:

Israel is the descendants of Yacov, ie the Jews. Your replacement theology holds no scriptural backup.

Fair enough, but he was a Rabbinic Jew who kept the Torah and taught in Jewish Synagogues. And he said in that same manner would he return, he is returning a Jew in a Jewish state and reinstating the temple and the sacrifices. Deny this and you are denying the Bible.

Can you find any verses that say they HAVE to accept Yeshua before they can return to their land? Infact, G-d never mentions this stipulation and simply says the land is theirs and he will bring them back and they shall be his people and he will be their G-d. He has sent them to every corner of the earth but he is calling them back even now.

Deuteronomy 4:27-31 – (27) And the L-rd will scatter you among the peoples, and you will remain few in number among the nations where the L-rd will lead you. (28) And there you will serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which do not see, and do not hear, and do not eat, and do not smell. (29) And if, from there, you will seek the L-rd your G-d, then you will find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. (30) When you are in distress, and these words will find their way to you; in the end of days, you will return to the L-rd your G-d, and you will obey him; (31) For the L-rd your G-d is a merciful G-d, He will not forsake you and will not destroy you; and He will not forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them

Take your replacement theology hatred somewere else

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Hix, keep up the good work! :)

:clap:

Upvote 0