Building a third temple in jerusalem.

H

HEisGoodalways

What does the bible say? That is your answer. It says that a temple will be built and the Jewish will use it. If they were not then there could be no desecration as described not would the rest of end time prophecy be valid as it would prove it wrong.

Could you post some scriptue on a rebuilt temple?

I totally agree with you.
He let the first one get knocked down,what has changed that he would want a second?
He is still our heavenly eternal high priest,and is sitting down,something no earthly priset could do.

Amen, It is a spiritual temple, which Hebrews says is the true temple not made with mans hands, and the powerful thing is it is in us and among us!! In fact we are ministering in the temple right now to each other!!:clap:

What is sad is most of the church is caught up in the false end time teachings and books, which they've made millions off of, but I beleive God is in the process of opening more and more eyes as they seek God for more revelation, Jesus said My Word is Spirit and Life!! There is spiritual meaning hidden behind the letter[literal Word], when you read with Holy Spirit power, He begins to reveal the hidden meaning!!

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree with you.
He let the first one get knocked down,what has changed that he would want a second?
He is still our heavenly eternal high priest,and is sitting down,something no earthly priset could do.

Actually, this Temple will be the third, and yes, He is our High Priest, but He's not theirs.

Here's a good place to start. A whole truckload of scripture for one to try to spiritualize away:

Ezekiel chapter 40
Ezekiel chapter 41
Ezekiel chapter 42
Ezekiel chapter 43
Ezekiel chapter 44
Ezekiel chapter 45
Ezekiel chapter 46
Ezekiel chapter 47
Daniel 11
Daniel 12
Zechariah 3
Zechariah 4
Zechariah 5
Zechariah 6
Zechariah 8

Amen, It is a spiritual temple, which Hebrews says is the true temple not made with mans hands, and the powerful thing is it is in us and among us!! In fact we are ministering in the temple right now to each other!!:clap:

What is sad is most of the church is caught up in the false end time teachings and books, which they've made millions off of, but I beleive God is in the process of opening more and more eyes as they seek God for more revelation, Jesus said My Word is Spirit and Life!! There is spiritual meaning hidden behind the letter[literal Word], when you read with Holy Spirit power, He begins to reveal the hidden meaning!!

You are referring to the believer being the Temple of God, which has absolutely nothing to do with the unbelievers rebuilding a building in Jerusalem. I'm amazed that people can even make that leap in logic and have it make sense to them.

As believers, we are the Temple of God. As non-believers, this is their Temple to God. One doesn't negate the existence of the other.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Amen,the words he spoke,were rhema and life.It says rhema in the Greek..awesome.The whole bible was compsed of rhemas.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, this Temple will be the third, and yes, He is our High Priest, but He's not theirs.

Here's a good place to start. A whole truckload of scripture for one to try to spiritualize away:

Ezekiel chapter 40
Ezekiel chapter 41
Ezekiel chapter 42
Ezekiel chapter 43
Ezekiel chapter 44
Ezekiel chapter 45
Ezekiel chapter 46
Ezekiel chapter 47
Daniel 11
Daniel 12
Zechariah 3
Zechariah 4
Zechariah 5
Zechariah 6
Zechariah 8

You are referring to the believer being the Temple of God, which has absolutely nothing to do with the unbelievers rebuilding a building in Jerusalem. I'm amazed that people can even make that leap in logic and have it make sense to them.

As believers, we are the Temple of God. As non-believers, this is their Temple to God. One doesn't negate the existence of the other.

I understand what your saying,it just seem odd for people like Hagee to SUPPORT it.I am pretty sure he does,he gave money for a synagogue.The point I make is why would Christians get involved in a temple that will offer sacrifices,that deny the atonement.They should be excited to preach,not rebuild the old.It sounds like a move of the flesh,to try to usher in whatever is the plan of God.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Why the Temple will never be rebuilt.

The Tabernacle/Temple was based on three different ideas. The basic layout was reflected by the garden of Eden. Added to this were things of heaven and also God's plan of salvation – very ingenious.

The later temples were based on the tabernacle. The first one was built by Solomon - David's son. It was destroyed when Israel went into captivity in Babylon. God gave Israel 40 years to repent according to Ezekiel and he did the same for Herod's Temple.

When the Jews came back from the captivity in Babylon, they wanted to rebuild the temple, but they were in a quandary. The writings of Ezekiel were widely known, but these specifications were so undefined that they finally decided to build a copy of Solomons temple with a few items taken from from Ezekiel temple. (Artscroll Mishna commentary)

God serendipitously sent Jesus to the cross to atone for the whole world. But on the day of Pentecost Peter preached a very significant sermon to all of Israel. He said that they crucified the messiah – but now all could come to him for forgiveness – thousands did. God gave Israel 40 years (30AD to 70AD) to repent. In those days the Disciples and Apostles went to all of the known world as a witness.

In 66AD the end times had come - for this was the year of the beginning of the Jewish revolt against Rome. When Jesus died the New Covenant was established in his blood. The Old Covenant place of meeting was no longer needed as the New Holy of Holies was now within the believers. The old Holy of Holies was symbolically the place in the garden where God walked and talked with Adam and Eve. The rending of the Veil of the Temple opened the gates to the Garden once again. God once again walks and talks with all of his people. We're back in the garden of Eden again - symbolically.

God gave Israel many, many signs in that 40 years. It has been recorded that a bright light appeared over the alter for about an hour and removed to the summit of the Mount of Olives for a period of 3 ½ years – the Shekinah. The massive doors of the Nicanor gate swung open at night by themselves – it took twenty men to open them normally. A sound of many voices said that they were departing hence. The scarlet cord never turned white in all those 40 years. In the scapegoat ritual the priests drew by lottery the black stone all 40 times – never the white. The western light (center – Edersheim) on the huge menorah in the Holy Place would go out every night. This light was symbolic of Jesus and was never to be extinguished. God gave Israel all kinds of signs pointing them to the Cross of Jesus. The Shikinah glory departed the Mount of Olives just before the destruction of the temple never to return again. It was he who allowed the total destruction to occurr. With the destruction of the temple the Old Covenant and all of its animal sacrifices and rituals were done away with just like a placenta after the birth.

The Jews have been trying to return to their homeland and rebuild the Temple since 70AD when Israel was destroyed by the Romans – so the idea that the Jews are only recently inspired to return to Palestine is an error - this is nothing new. The problem that they have had is that they have always been an occupied minority and could never get the acquiescence of any government long enough to accomplish their goals – until the USA came along that is. The Jews have tried to do a restart all through history, but God has continually frustrated their efforts. They have made at least three attempts of record and the closest they came to rebuilding the Temple was under the Emperor Constantine, who had given them permission to do so. But under pressure from the Christian leadership he was convinced that he had made a mistake. He recanted and had the ears cut off of all the priests and craftsmen, so the work stopped. A deformed person was not allowed to build the temple. So the works fell into ruin. In the ruins of the partially rebuilt Temple was a section of the western wall of the Holy of Holies. This was the original or real “wailing wall” of the Jews. On the first day of Passover (Easter) while the Jews were meeting in a cave used as a Synagogue under the ruins of the Temple site - the wall suddenly collapsed. The significance of this event is that this was the day that Jesus was crucified long ago. Another “arrow” pointing to something – the cross.

Even today the Jews are still totally frustrated in their forth attempt to rebuild the Temple because of the fact that the Muslims have control of the so called “temple mount.” This makes their plans impossible because of the potential violence of acquiring the temple mount from the Muslims. Actually, the complete temple was totally destroyed as Jesus predicted – not one stone was left upon another. What they are calling the temple mount today is in fact the Fortress Antonia. This is born out by hundreds of historical records. If they weren't so dogmatic on their beliefs - they could start tomorrow on their new Temple simply by moving a few things including a highway.

The answer is that God only has one plan of Salvation – there is no optional one that reverts to the closed covenant of the past. He is herding the Jews through pressure back to the cross and not backward to the old system of symbolic rituals which all depicted the Spiritual realm of the Messiah. When I see how God has frustrated all four or maybe more unrecorded attempts so far - I am convinced that the Temple that the Radical Jews and the Christian Zionists so earnestly desire because it is a major prerequisite of their complex Eschatological beliefs. The Temple will never be rebuilt again based on Gods past actions.
Interesting read.

Upvote 0

Codger

Oct 23, 2003
N. E. Ohio
✟1,926.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excellent points bro, if it doesn't get rebuilt then there goes the false teaching of a literal anti-christ, what is your opinion of a literal antichrist?

I am an ex dispensationalist now for about 37 years. The false logic of this doctrine forced me to abandon it. The Bible only mentions "The Antichrist" (definate article "the") once in the writings of John and we have built a huge doctrine around it. If you read history you will find that the antichrist that John spoke of is long behind us. I can't say exactly who because no one knows the time that the books of John were written. But these prophesies were fulfilled shortly after they were written. He was probably referring to the emperor Domition - if the book is of a later date. I do not accept the false idea that most all prophesy can be moved to our day. It was mostly fulfilled in the days of those to whom it was originally written. All except Christs return (second coming) which Jesus said he didn't know when it would happen.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Ezekiel chapter 40
Ezekiel chapter 41
Ezekiel chapter 42
Ezekiel chapter 43
Ezekiel chapter 44
Ezekiel chapter 45
Ezekiel chapter 46
Ezekiel chapter 47
Daniel 11
Daniel 12
Zechariah 3
Zechariah 4
Zechariah 5
Zechariah 6
Zechariah 8

Not one new test. ver. I wonder way? Could it be Jesus is that temple.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
THe Ezekiel Temple is a fourth temple in the millennium, not during the tribulation. It's not til after the millenium, when God creates a new Heavens and Earth, that there will be no physical temple. And if you read of the sacrifices in Ezekiel...they are not offerings for cleansing of sin,
There were different kinds of sacrifices in the temple...not all were sin offerings.

Upvote 0
H

HEisGoodalways

Ezekiel chapter 40
Ezekiel chapter 41
Ezekiel chapter 42
Ezekiel chapter 43
Ezekiel chapter 44
Ezekiel chapter 45
Ezekiel chapter 46
Ezekiel chapter 47
Daniel 11
Daniel 12
Zechariah 3
Zechariah 4
Zechariah 5
Zechariah 6
Zechariah 8

As believers, we are the Temple of God. As non-believers, this is their Temple to God. One doesn't negate the existence of the other.[/quote]

So, Faulty Surplus, Do you beleive that once this temple is rebuilt and the anti-christ sits on the throne in the temple, which the literalists teach, that Jesus will come back and rule and reign with us from this temple for the thousand years?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

HEisGoodalways

You know what many miss here is Jesus said "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." Oh-my isn't that what He did?:bow::bow::bow:

:amen:
So what is the house of the Lord? Jesus said, "Destroy the temple and I will rebuild it in three days". The People of that day couldn't understand that, and that is why at the moment when Jesus died, He said; "It is finished". At that moment, the veil in the temple that hid the holy of holies was rent in two, and that man built temple was done away with. Because the body of Jesus Christ Himself became the temple or, "the house of the Lord". If you are not in Christ, you are not "in the house of the Lord". So that house of the Lord, became the many membered body of Christ. All the believers of Jesus Christ go to make up the house of the Lord. Once you are in that house, you never have to leave it, for it is His body.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

:amen:
So what is the house of the Lord? Jesus said, "Destroy the temple and I will rebuild it in three days". The People of that day couldn't understand that, and that is why at the moment when Jesus died, He said; "It is finished". At that moment, the veil in the temple that hid the holy of holies was rent in two, and that man built temple was done away with. Because the body of Jesus Christ Himself became the temple or, "the house of the Lord". If you are not in Christ, you are not "in the house of the Lord". So that house of the Lord, became the many membered body of Christ. All the believers of Jesus Christ go to make up the house of the Lord. Once you are in that house, you never have to leave it, for it is His body.
the Lord had us name the bulding we meet in "the Lord's house". It's not the bulding it's the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums