Breakthrough in science!

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You know what seesaw, I was incorrect in my statement that the first law were the Ten Commandments.....coastie..pick yerself up off the floor brother......

The first law was given to Adam, and then later to Noah in essentially the same verbage (I said essentially).  God told Adam to take care of His creation;

Genesis 2:28 ~ God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.  Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground"

When Noah and his family got off their 1 year tour on the Arc, the Lord told Noah;

Genesis 9:5-6 ~ And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting.  I will demand an accounting from every animal.  And from each man, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man.
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man."
<P dir=ltr>&nbsp;
<P dir=ltr>What this means, is that God was setting up the first law, or "government" if you will.&nbsp; He clearly stated it was a sin and a crime to murder another human being, to shed his lifeblood.&nbsp; This is the beginning of law........I don't think the Egyptians and Mayans came before Adam and Noah.
<P dir=ltr>If you're interested, I can type more......
<P dir=ltr>~Peace in Christ,
<P dir=ltr>Terri

Upvote 0
This reply is not intended solely for debate more intended to be read Please do not defame the prayer. Thank you.

LORD, please have mercy for our sins and help guide those who doubt your existance and your works for you are holy and good. Take pity on our souls and help us in knowing your presence and your righteousness in our hearts and souls and lead us away from evil workings. Amen

I too struggle with temptation and have often many times fallen victim to it for I accept I am weak and needing strength.
Science and Christianity is not something that should be of opposing truths. Knowing how a star creates it's energy to shine does not take away the LORD's good works. To Christians God created the stars, the science explains how the star works. Much as it does not stop a clockmaker being the creator of a clock just because someone found out how the clockmaker made the clock mechanism tick.
Christians have faith in the bible and having faith is what is important to the followers of God. To a Christian you cannot explain the LORD away with figures and theories, Christians give their trust and heart to the LORD. They feel and desire the presence of our LORD and Jesus to show us the ultimate truths. Jesus came to Earth to show us how we should live and conduct ourselves and died sinless to pay the ultimate price for our own sins saving us so the LORD could forgive us and show mercy upon our judgement. I myself have fallen short of his teachings and wisdom and I truely hope that I will be able to repent all my sins and use his teachings to show me where I am weak and strengthen me from temptations of evil and unjust. I am still learning - like scientist a Christian is always searching for the truth, everyone wants to know the truth of how, why and where. Some turn to mortal men to tell them and take for granted what they say is the truth, most Christians turns to the LORD and the Bible for their answers and do not turn away from science they only turn away from it when someone scientifically claims says the LORD is non existent.
The LORD was, is and aways will be. Christians will always accept that.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by coastie
Sweet graphic Gunny! Is there a Coast Guard one like it?

I don't think so, Coastie.

I did find these two Coast Guard graphics.

2713servingcg.jpg

2713coastguard.jpg

Upvote 0

alphatronics

Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,011.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by panterapat
The laws that allow us to have a civilized society come from the Ten Commandments. Without the firm foundation of God- one is like a ship set adrift in a stormy sea.

In Christ, Patrick

Which ten commandments? There are thousands of versions. Who has the ability to decide which version would be used?

Going off the list here, I only see "You shall not murder" and "You shall not steal" as commandments that could ever be considered used by US laws. And its not like those two are hard to think of without the help of your book.
Many of the commandments, such as "You shall have no other gods besides Me", "You shall not make for yourself an idol", and "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain" would be considered unconstitutional if brought into law, due to the free exercise and free speech clauses of the First Amendment.

Due to the reasons above, among others, I doubt that the 10 commandments have much of anything to do with US law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Actually the current law in Europe and USA is based on Roman Law. And the Roman Empire predates Christianity by about 500plus years.
Why is it so important, that there was a written law? Many cultures had oral traditions, those traditions were held to as if they were written down. Besides it doesn´t make much sense in having written laws, when about 95% of the population can´t read...

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by seesaw
If there is a hell I am not scared cause I will probably go there. And the laws are not completely based on the ten commandments they are based on commen sence. You don't kill someone and you don't steal.

Actually, there are only two commandments now.

&nbsp;People think they keep the 10 commandments but that is because they do not understand them. Take the first commandment for example: 1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.&nbsp; At face value you would think this is pretty easy. After all, we only believe in one God anyways, so there is no other god to put before the one true God. But actually, a lot of different things can become out God. The Bible says our belly can become out God. Money can become our God. Wanting the respect of others can become our God. To have "no ohter gods before me" is not so easy after all, if it means really putting God first in our lives to serve Him and to always do His will.

What about murder? How much charactor assination goes on right here on these boards? Anytime you try to tear someone down or belittle them in anyway, that is murder. Yet it is not so easy to always build up, edify, and strengthen in love.

If we were to be honest with ourselves, we would see that due to our rotten stinking fallen nature, we are in need of a saviour and our only "cure" is to be born again and to become a new creation in Christ.

The law shows us our need and our weakness. It is designed to get us to cry out to God for help. When we come to realize that we can not do it on our own, apart from Him.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mark 12:29-31
Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God IS ONE Lord; [30] and you shall LOVE THE Lord your God WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' [31] "The second is this, 'You shall LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Upvote 0