Marital Status
Married

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Ahead of pivotal Senate hearing, witnesses surface to say Christine Ford may have mistaken them for Kavanaugh

Ahead of pivotal Senate hearing, witnesses surface to say Christine Ford may have mistaken them for Kavanaugh
i thought there was no statute of limitations for this kind of crime in maryland - but i heard that the reason this man is coming forward is because this is already past the limitation

in any case this is a very brave man to come forward

what does the law say about teenagers doing this kind of thing?

this guy was probably 15-17 at the time

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's best to stop and have a serious investigation to establish their identities, history, etc. At this point there are a lot of individuals recounting wild drunken parties around these prep schools, and others (various victims) recounting girls taken advantage of forcibly at such parties. Why should Ford be expected to mistake who attacked her? This needs an investigation because of conflicting accounts. It's too easy to wonder if money is involved, that's why many will want truly independent investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i thought there was no statute of limitations for this kind of crime in maryland - but i heard that the reason this man is coming forward is because this is already past the limitation

There are considerations for juvenile offenses. However, if the sexual encounter was a misdemeanor the limit is one year. Felony no limit.

He’s brave if he admits to the actual accusations of Ford. He may have a different recollection though.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's best to stop and have a serious investigation to establish their identities, history, etc. At this point there are a lot of individuals recounting wild drunken parties around these prep schools, and others (various victims) recounting girls taken advantage of forcibly at such parties. Why should Ford be expected to mistake who attacked her? This needs an investigation because of conflicting accounts. It's too easy to wonder if money is involved, that's why many will want truly independent investigation.
Yep I agree. So what’s holding up the accusers in getting the investigation started by filing reports with the Maryland authorities? Why has this not happened and why are theses women holding up justice from proceeding?

Please answer this.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep I agree. So what’s holding up the accusers in getting the investigation started by filing reports with the Maryland authorities? Why has this not happened and why are theses women holding up justice from proceeding?

Please answer this.
The answer depends on what's the penalty if any for forcible groping (if that's not moot due to statue of limitation).

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Please answer this.

Here's what I found for now, 2018:

Fourth Degree – Typically, this crime is a misdemeanor punished by not more than one-year imprisonment and a fine not more than $1,000.

Maryland Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw

But, what about 1982 law? Would a misdemeanor from 36 years ago still be prosecutable?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If the 1982 law is the same as current law in Maryland, here's that
Maryland Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw

It seems it's the 4th degree instance, the forcible groping, thus a misdemeanor.

• Informative
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer depends on what's the penalty if any for forcible groping (if that's not moot due to statue of limitation).
She said she felt her life was in danger and he held her down with his hand over her mouth. That’s not groping. So she needs to report this to actually start an investigation. Curious as to why not. She’s public now.

I keep hearing investigate. What do you think the Senate committee is doing tomorrow? For criminal charges the women must report the incidents within the jurisdictions of the offenses. None have and their high powered lawyers have not. Ask the question why.

Going into the hearing tomorrow there will at least be three accusations against Brett Kavanaugh. Three accusations he denies every being present for or happening. All three accusations are unsubstantiated and uncorroborated. Meaning there is no evidence to prove the claims made.

What do you think US Senators should do with unsubstantiated and uncorroborated claims against a Supreme Court nominee who has no criminal record and has 6 FBI investigations one just recently?

If your answer is investigate unsubstantiated or uncorroborated claims, then I’ll tell you what DAs do with such claims. They dismiss them.

Upvote 0

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

This it not the point. What was done way back then was done.
What "is" relevant is the simple fact that he lied about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She said she felt her life was in danger and he held her down with his hand over her mouth. That’s not groping. So she needs to report this to actually start an investigation. Curious as to why not. She’s public now.

I keep hearing investigate. What do you think the Senate committee is doing tomorrow? For criminal charges the women must report the incidents within the jurisdictions of the offenses. None have and their high powered lawyers have not. Ask the question why.

Going into the hearing tomorrow there will at least be three accusations against Brett Kavanaugh. Three accusations he denies every being present for or happening. All three accusations are unsubstantiated and uncorroborated. Meaning there is no evidence to prove the claims made.

What do you think US Senators should do with unsubstantiated and uncorroborated claims against a Supreme Court nominee who has no criminal record and has 6 FBI investigations one just recently?

If your answer is investigate unsubstantiated or uncorroborated claims, then I’ll tell you what DAs do with such claims. They dismiss them.
I call the alleged attack forcible groping not knowing what else to call it. What would you call it legally? It does fit that 4th degree sexual assault definition, but is there an additional potential crime?

It seems you've already said above a misdemeanor is past statue of limitation, thus not reportable. Right?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I call the alleged attack forcible groping not knowing what else to call it. What would you call it legally? It does fit that 4th degree sexual assault definition, but is there an additional potential crime?
If you are accurate then the man coming forward saying it was him and not Kavanaugh has little to worry about when it comes to consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chuckpeterson

Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you are accurate then the man coming forward saying it was him and not Kavanaugh has little to worry about when it comes to consequences.

If his bank account suddenly gets an infusion of a few thousand dollars or hundreds of thousands he will have a lot to explain.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If his bank account suddenly gets an infusion of a few thousand dollars or hundreds of thousands he will have a lot to explain.

You sound like those conservatives with their "deep state" conspiracy theories.

You're the one saying this man has lied...yet you haven't given any reason why you think that. Do you still believe in innocence until proven guilty?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're the one saying this man has lied...yet you haven't given any reason why you think that. Do you still believe in innocence until proven guilty?

Well that may be a bit harsh. The man did provide a source for his belief Kavanaugh is lying. ;)

No need,

The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC is covering this from top to bottom.

Upvote 0