Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
...But no, you can't just let murderers go without punishment, if that's what you're suggesting.
I'm not suggesting anything. What I see in your comments is inconsistency in the way you judge which favors one group of people over the other. You started out saying that there is "no excuse for murder" and you sounded so very righteous about it, too.

But, turns out there are plenty of excuses for murder, if you're Israelki.
So in this case, other means have to be taken for the sake of remedial action.
I'm sure that's exactly what the Palestinians think every time Israeli occupiers bulldoze homes, burn farms, and kill Palestinian children, but you seem to think such "remedial action" should only be available to one side of the conflict.

For all your lip service to the virtues of justice, you don't seem to have much actual interest in it.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟227,139.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you even bothered that "Palestinian" terrorists walked into innocent peoples houses, and abducted young girls and children..? And elderly people too..? Is that not pure evil..?
I remember seeing stories in the Bible about 'God's chosen people' doing similar. Pure evil.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Native Americans are hundreds of times more civilized than the savagery we see from the "Palestinians".

Have you read about Geronimo's campaigns?

Oppressed people who see no nonviolent political solution will often resort to extreme violence to advance their cause. While nonviolence might be morally praiseworthy, it isn't necessary to recognize injustice.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It only ends up hurting them. They should have learned by now.

Doing nothing also hurts them. Palestinians have little access to western media to plead their case. Israel also has a powerful lobby that propagates narratives that obscures Israel's nature as a settler colonialist state, similar to other settler colonialist states such as the United States, Canada, and Australia, that killed and forcibly removed indigenous inhabitants.

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Which is why you shouldn't leave any palestinians alive to continue the cycle.
One disturbing thing about this issue is that it shows up just how insincere so many Christians are when it comes to paying lip service to the values Jesus taught. Yes, yes, we want your forgiveness and salvation, Jesus, but if our enemy hurts us, then we'll kill them all so that we may never be hurt again.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you even bothered that "Palestinian" terrorists walked into innocent peoples houses, and abducted young girls and children..? And elderly people too..? Is that not pure evil..?
It sort of sounds like what went on in Biblical times, huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I remember seeing stories in the Bible about 'God's chosen people' doing similar. Pure evil.
There were times when God led his people in to battle, sure, but that's different because he is the boss. He is the giver and taker of life, and if he gives authority, then you have authority.

There were also times when the people wanted to go to war but God stopped them.

Now, since the NT, the emphasis God wants us to practice is in loving our enemies. If you side with Israel, then it makes sense that at least semantically Palestine is your enemy (i.e. the enemy of my friend is my enemy). If you're a Christian, you shouldn't be encouraging Israel to bomb and kill and hate their enemies.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
One disturbing thing about this issue is that it shows up just how insincere so many Christians are when it comes to paying lip service to the values Jesus taught. Yes, yes, we want your forgiveness and salvation, Jesus, but if our enemy hurts us, then we'll kill them all so that we may never be hurt again.
I'm not a christian.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not a christian.
But you don't really need to be, to be a good person, right? Labels tend to be misleading, anyway. What several people have notied is that there has been tragedy on both sides. Both sides have killed civilians, and both sides are fighting over the same pieces of land. This is a vicious cycle and as people have also noted, the way to end it is for one side to just take a few hits until the other side is satisfied and then they'll have no reason to continue attacking you. Take out the revenge, tank a few hits, and boom, problem solved.

It is a very righteous solution, except that the people who are being asked to practice that righteous solution (i.e. the Palestinians) are also being demonized for not doing it, while the people who are hitting back in retaliation(i.e. the Israeli's) are not being criticized for refusing that higher moral ground. They are not practicing the established, righteous solution of tanking a few hits to end the vicious cycle.

In other words, the Israelis aren't any better than the Palestinians; they both do the same things to each other, except that Israel has bigger guns and more money. They're both wrong, regardless of religious labelling, for rejecting that difficult, yet righteous solution.

Instead of calling both of them out, you say this horrible thing...
What you're describing is called genocide.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But you don't really need to be, to be a good person, right? Labels tend to be misleading, anyway. What several people have notied is that there has been tragedy on both sides. Both sides have killed civilians, and both sides are fighting over the same pieces of land. This is a vicious cycle and as people have also noted, the way to end it is for one side to just take a few hits until the other side is satisfied and then they'll have no reason to continue attacking you. Take out the revenge, tank a few hits, and boom, problem solved.

It is a very righteous solution, except that the people who are being asked to practice that righteous solution (i.e. the Palestinians) are also being demonized for not doing it, while the people who are hitting back in retaliation(i.e. the Israeli's) are not being criticized for refusing that higher moral ground. They are not practicing the established, righteous solution of tanking a few hits to end the vicious cycle.

In other words, the Israelis aren't any better than the Palestinians; they both do the same things to each other, except that Israel has bigger guns and more money. They're both wrong, regardless of religious labelling, for rejecting that difficult, yet righteous solution.

Instead of calling both of them out, you say this horrible thing...

What you're describing is called genocide.
I'm actually for killing all humans. Maybe call it "omnicide"?

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm actually for killing all humans. Maybe call it "omnicide"?
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say that kind of thing, but there's always some reason why it should be someone else who bears the burden of your belief, if you get what I mean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say that kind of thing, but there's always some reason why it should be someone else who bears the burden of your belief, if you get what I mean.
Oh, not me, I don't discriminate.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, not me, I don't discriminate.
Of course you do. Look what you said earlier:
You didn't include the Israelis. You see the Palestinians as the problem rather than the Israelis. You even sound a little outraged, like killing all the Palestinians, specifically, would somehow be the right thing to do.

People have very strong feelings about this issue. Unfortunately, the majority of them are fairly shallow feelings, like, "There is no excuse for murder" only to say in the next breath, "The Palestinians deserve to die for what they've done". This double-think is evidence of a problem in the person's reasoning.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

BREAKINGNine US citizens confirmed dead​

The US government has confirmed nine of its citizens have been killed in Israel.
In a statement, the White House said: "We extend our deepest condolences to the victims and to the families of all those affected, and wish those injured a speedy recovery.
"We continue to monitor the situation closely and remain in touch with our Israeli partners, particularly the local authorities."

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

BREAKINGMore than 10 British citizens feared dead or missing in Israel​

The BBC has learnt from an official UK source that "more than 10" British citizens are feared dead or missing in Israel following the attacks launched by Hamas from Gaza.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.