• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Breaking Depression

Fresh_ers

Dec 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If people continue to confess (accuse) those who have struggled with Depression as still being Depressed, can the power and influence of their words keep them in Depression? If the person whom the Lord is healing or has healed continues to believe that they are Depressed, because of what others say about them, will they truly be Free?

Fresh_ers

Dec 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The answer to the question: People and their words are very powerful on this earth. Many a person has been driven into Depression, as well as other "states", because of the evil intent of those who appear to be good.

The comfort? "Blessed are you who mourn, for you shall be comforted."

People lie, mock, steal, destroy, etc., just like their carnal-natural father...

Jesus Christ never has a deaf ear to those who call on His name...

Glory, Honor and Praise unto Jesus Christ alone - Forever.

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
words are powerful, and so are a person's thoughts. As they think, so they are.

If I have a problem, I will admit it, but I don't plan on having the problem forever. If I become an alcoholic, I will label myself as much. But with the help of the Lord, that will no longer be a title. That is how I see it at least. I think AA would disagree with me.

Upvote 0