Breaking Bread Together

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
A clarification about communion according to Webster's unabridged dictionary.

"mutual intercourse or union in religious worship, or in doctrine and discipline."

"fellowship, intercourse between two or more persons, interchange of thoughts or interests; a state of giving and receiving; agreement; concord."

It is this communion that Jesus spoke of in John 14:20, when He said: "... ye in me and I in you." It is this kind of communion that Jesus spoke of when He said in John 17:21: " That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:..."

It is this kind of communion and fellowship that we seek through study of His Word!

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by Gerry
A clarification about communion according to Webster's unabridged dictionary.

"mutual intercourse or union in religious worship, or in doctrine and discipline."

"fellowship, intercourse between two or more persons, interchange of thoughts or interests; a state of giving and receiving; agreement; concord."

It is this communion that Jesus spoke of in John 14:20, when He said: "... ye in me and I in you." It is this kind of communion that Jesus spoke of when He said in John 17:21: " That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:..."

It is this kind of communion and fellowship that we seek through study of His Word!

Thanks for that added clarification Gerry :hug:

Upvote 0