• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

break through the walls your ED has built around the way you see yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...~...
icon12.gif
blessings
icon12.gif
...~...

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:clap: Cereal ....

[/font][/font]
Many nutritionists around the world consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day. Research also shows us that people who regularly eat breakfast cereals tend to have better diets overall and make better food choices over the rest of the day. Skipping breakfast is not a good start, as most people usually don’t make up the missed nutrients later in the day. People who skip breakfast regularly may opt for less healthy snacks during the morning when energy levels drop.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Today’s woman must be able to handle her multiple responsibilities effectively, she needs to bear in mind her own special requirements. In this section, we bring to you some healthy choices that will help the present-day woman to meet her special nutritional requirements. Plagued by the stresses of modern life, a woman needs to look after herself and make sure she does not suffer on account of negligence in her food intake. Eating right is one way of ensuring that one remains healthy.

[/font]

Study: Cereal Keeps Girls Slim:clap:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/09/health/main829506.shtml

Breakfast: Most Important Meal of the Day :thumbsup:

http://www.films.com/id/5117/Breakfast_Most_Important_Meal_of_the_Day.htm

• Perfect breakfast combinations
  • Chopped apple, and yogurt
  • Scrambled eggs with rye toast or gain toast
  • Two boiled eggs with rice cakes or oat cakes and a piece of fruit
  • Classic friut Smoothie
  • fruit and milkshake
  • cereal flakes with yogurt and fruit
  • Oat or millet porridge with milk and fresh chopped fruit
  • Toasted wheat bagel with fruit

All these breakfasts combine carbohydrates, fiber and a small amount of protein. If you do not have time to prepare any of these, then two pieces of fresh fruit eaten on their own are always a good standby (a banana and an apple are perfect examples). although you are likely to feel hungry quite soon afterwards, your body will be energetic and balanced. small energy meals speed up your matabolizsm and keep your body fit and trim.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.mrbreakfast.com/category.asp?categoryid=4

:angel: how about creating a fun new obsession of eating healthy? fun... by learning healthy combos... and feeling great... 'obsession'... can you change your your ED behaviors into healthy ones? i know from exsperiance you can. it changes your health physically and mentally.
icon12.gif

how about trying it for three days in a row to test out this breakfast idea? three days was all it took for me to feel healthier, slimmer, feel stronger, and notice it did change my eating habits for the rest of the day :thumbsup: ... You Can Do It!

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goldenviolet said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:clap: Cereal ....

[/font][/font]
Many nutritionists around the world consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day. Research also shows us that people who regularly eat breakfast cereals tend to have better diets overall and make better food choices over the rest of the day. Skipping breakfast is not a good start, as most people usually don’t make up the missed nutrients later in the day. People who skip breakfast regularly may opt for less healthy snacks during the morning when energy levels drop.

• Classic friut Smoothie
  • fruit and milkshake
All these breakfasts combine carbohydrates, fiber and a small amount of protein. If you do not have time to prepare any of these, then two pieces of fresh fruit eaten on their own are always a good standby (a banana and an apple are perfect examples). although you are likely to feel hungry quite soon afterwards, your body will be energetic and balanced. small energy meals speed up your matabolizsm and keep your body fit and trim.

:hug: little reminder: when you eat your weight normally goes up and down between one and four pounds during the day. the weight is not fat. it is the weight of the food throughout the day. you need this nutrition for your heart, blood, brain... survival. when you eat breakfast you don't usually feel panic. eating slow and healthy, chewing good helps fight panic too. if you do panic from eating; find a 15 minute walk, activity, rocking chair, something to help you get past the panic. after 15 minutes, the panic is gone. you can do it!!

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Mm that breakfast post is really interesting, thanks Dee. It says that you can be slimmer by eating breakfast, but in my mind I'm saying you'll be even slimmer if you don't. I'm going to try this though I think, starting tomorrow. I might actually eat breakfast for the first time in...um....17 years? lol

:hug:

Reactions: goldenviolet
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~Byootaful~
icon12.gif
along with some cheering for your success... a little reminder. it is about the chemical part in ED thinking. :hug: it takes the body 15 to 20 mins to digest enough to change body chemicals. eat slow, chewing well. it helps the food digest fast and easy, preventing you from feeling too full. avoid drinking water before or after for 20 mins. it prolongs digestion. during this 20 min period after you eat, it is common for ED behaviors to produce a panic (guilt or fear of eating), but knowing about this gives control though. so during this time; distract yourself, walk, and just give yourself time to let it pass. it gets easier and is easily mastered each time. you will feel great. i will never forget the first four days of eating normal. :hug: i pray for blessing over this for you! love dee

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
:hug: Dee :hug:

Thankyou so much for your kind words. It's hard, it's scarier than I thought it would be and I'm only strongly considering it! What happens when I actually do it tomorrow? I tend to 'punish' for eating and I'm scared that if I don't punish by starving, I might find other ways to hurt myself and I don't want to do that. I think it's about time I found myself a therapist, but that's also scary - I don't think I can.

Thankyou for the encouragement, you are an angel. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm a survior of EDs. it is never 100% gone. it is a daily chioce to fight for health. a daily choice to pour my obsessing into spiritual needs and getting a meal or two down- and keeping it down without self punishment in my head or out.

take a break from worrying and beating on yourself.

the way to help yourself is to understand your ED and to work on the effects it has on your thinking. it takes time. :hug: what developed your ED? mine was abiuse from my Father. i was told i was fat and ugly and looked like a boy from age 6 on. my father commited suicide. he was confused about life and mentally unstable. my mom was mentally ill too. i'm mentally ill. the way i saw people looking at me was really messed up. the way i looked at myself was really messed up. i know thew details and understand it all. i had to start training myself not to do these things. not by beating myself up and guilt... but by catching the messed up thinking and turning my obsessing into fighting for my life and health. God will help you! :hug: you can do it!

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
goldenviolet said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:clap: Cereal ....

[/FONT][/FONT]

• Classic friut Smoothie
  • fruit and milkshake

i just found another breakfast :) a bowl of mixed vegis and a glass of milk.

hey, anyone take daily vitamins? you know you should and you should eat and take it together. well i just discovered there are vitimins made for people who have nutricion problems. so, talk to your doc, nutricionist ort pharmicist. :hug:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
breaking down the walls ED has created in your thinking:
it is only in your thinking that nutrition makes you fat. :hug:
the truth is it makes you healthy. the balance of good things, intake and exsercize are what every body needs for the body and brain to function normal.

ED's mess up the normal thinking. so you see the wrong information.

ED looks at pieces of situations (like feeling food in your tummy), and twists it all around to focus on a messed up version of weight.

like:

ED's cause the focus to be on the messed up idea of wieght.

the messed up idea of weight is focused on a messed up version of love, self worth, and exceptance.

the focus on love, selfworth, and exceptance is focused on a messed up version of thinking we control how we are seen and loved.

it is a vicious cycle of misconceptions of the truth. :(

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php

daysoni found this... made me think of this:
icon12.gif

Rathvon350 said:
When I find myself discouraged or covered in greif I have learned that there is only one place to go, to the foot of that glorious cross where our precious Savior willingly sacrificed His life for ours. Only the shoulders that were beaten and torn, then covered in a robe of mockery are strong enough to carry the burdens we find ourselves with. Only the hands that were pierced with nails are tender enough to hold us and give us comfort in our time of need. No one on earth has the power of the one who can call down legions of angels... but didn't. Only on that glorious day when the eastern sky is split open by a King returning for His bride will our battle be over. Until then, we are free to take our worn out bodies and souls to the foot of the cross and become cleansed and refreshed in the ever precious blood of our savior and Lord, Jesus Christ! Take heart and know that your labor is not in vain and that all your effort will bear good fruit for the kingdom of God. God bless you precious and sweet sister in Christ.
icon12.gif

1 Peter 5:6-8
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
icon12.gif

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

:groupray:

icon10.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what is an emotional or therephy first-aid kit? it is a box or bag filled with a bible, or scripture cards, your fav pictures, bubble gum, books, art supplies, a snuggly stuffed animal, a list of activities to help you focus, a list of phone numbers you can call... or something like this. all customized to fit you. put all together you have something to open up when your thoughts or emotions are spinning. it's a personalizer helper... helping you to practice managing your thoughts or emotions. :hug:

icon12.gif
Self-Soothing:
Self-soothing is taking deliberate steps to calm oneself while facing a stressful situation. Often this can involve traditional stress management techniques such as relaxation, deep breathing or healthy self-talk.
Besides just the goal of outwardly handling a situation appropriately, self-soothing has a deeper purpose that can be different from traditional stress management: to calm oneself enough in the anxious situation in order to do the self-confronting.

icon12.gif
Self-Confronting:

The idea here is to ask yourself why you are upset and learn what this tells you about yourself. Specifically, what is your growth issue in this situation? One example of this can be, "Am I depending on someone else to validate my sense of self-worth?", "Do I have my sense of myself too heavily invested in this situation, so that when it changes I may lose myself?". Once you've identified where you need to grow, the next step is to figure out what the "hard thing" is that you need to do to grow, and make yourself do it. Make yourself respond to the situation in accordance with your core values and beliefs and depend on those for your self validation.
icon12.gif
Distraction:

Distraction is simply doing other things to keep yourself from self-harming. substituting activities and experiences that change your current feelings; tasks (like counting the colors you can see in your immediate environment) that don't require much effort but do take a great deal of concentration, and volunteer work.
icon12.gif
Improve the Moment:

focus on ways to make the present moment more bearable. It differs from distraction in that it's not just a diverting of the mind but a complete change of attitude in the moment.

icon12.gif
Focusing on building your resiliency by self-soothing:

• prayer & scripture
  • calling a friend, therepist or phoning a crisis line
  • soaking in the tub
  • planning day, activity or career
  • collecting things
  • vacation
  • recycling or cleaning
  • going out
  • movie
  • walking
  • listening to music
  • recalling a good memory
  • getting around postive people
  • laying outdoors to just relax
  • volunteer
  • help others with something
  • read a book
  • hobbies
  • snack
  • excersize
  • bycling
  • swimming
  • playing with pet
  • poetry
  • art, crafts, or scrap booking
  • sports
  • camping or slumber party
  • flying kite
  • singing
  • fishing
  • feeding the ducks or going to the zoo
  • going to the library

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

icon11.gif

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus.
With the help of the Holy Spirit, and byYour grace,
I join with the heavenly host making a joyful nosie to you, and serving You with gladness!
I come before Your presencewith singing!
Lord, I know (perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that You are God!
It isYou Who made us, not we ourselves [andwe are Yours]! We are Your people andthe sheep of Your pasture.

Father, I enter into Your gates with thanksgiving and present an offering of thanks.
I enter into Your courts with praise!
I am thankful and delight to say so, I bless and affectionately praise Your name!
For You are good andYour mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting.
Your faithfulness and truth endure to allgenerations. It is a good and delightfulthing to give thanks to You, O Most High.

Lord, by Your Holy Spirit perfect the fruitof my lips.
Help me draw thanksgivingforth from my innermost resources; reachinto the most secret places of my heart that I may offer significant thanksgiving to You,Father.

Thank You for my parents who game me life. I amgrateful for the victories and achievements which I have experienced in spite of my hurts--the bruises and the abuses that boxed me inwhen I was a small child. You used them for good even though Satan intended them for my destruction.
You prepared me to listen to the innervoice--the voice of Your Holy Spirit.

Thank You for Your grace which is teaching me totrust myself and others. Thank You for life--life in all its abundance.
It was You Who gave me a desire to pray,and I am grateful for the prayer closetwhere we meet, and I thank You for Your Word.
Life is exciting, and I am gratefulthat I am alive for such a time as this.
Thank You for past and present relationships.
I learn from those who oppose me and from those who are for me. You taught me to recognize and understand my strengths and weaknesses.

You gave me discernment and spiritual understanding.
I enterYour gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

You are my Father. I am your child, loved, by You unconditionally.
I rejoice in You,Lord, and give thanks at the remembrance of Your holiness.
I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of my testimony.

In the name of Jesus, amen.
icon12.gif

Scripture Reference
Psalm 100:1-5
Hebrews 13:15
John 10:10

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.