Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I haven't heard that one and I'm fairly confident that he isn't particularly. However, he brought that charge on himself when he spoke freely about his behavior in the dressing rooms of some of the beauty pageants that he's been a part of. Some of those women are much younger than he is, although I don't think they'd be classified as children at the level of his pageants. I'd agree with you that that is name calling because it likely isn't true.

Since the girls in that pagent were as young as 15, in many states, what Trump did would qualify as a sex offense. But not molestation. A man merely walking into a dressing room where female minors are nude would be a crime if he knew they were there, but it would not amount to sexual assault of a minor.

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
BOZO

There is a reoccurring theme in the Bible that when passing judgement on others we are inadvertently passing judgement on ourselves!

The supporters of this President have refused to hold him accountable for his outrageous words and actions, ultimately they may prove to be his undoing but in a manner that we would not have predicted!

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Gary Johnson: 4,488,931
Jill Stein: 1,457,050
Evan McMullin: 728,830
or 6,674,811. :)
tulc(none of which received any electoral votes) :wave:
Interesting perspective. Nearly 10,000,000 more people voted "not Trump" than voted "for Trump".

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd respond to a couple of early posters:
The people were fed up and wanted somebody out of the usual mode who would be brash and yes uncouth.

I mean he did the same stuff during the debates and was still voted in. Guess it's what half the country was ok with having in office.

Well, for me, I find it sad that so many in our nation do seem to have wanted what we got. It reinforces rather strongly Paul's condemnation of the ways of mankind that were to come, according to his opening words in his letter to the Roman believers. I find that to be a sad, but obviously true, emerging reality.

We are, as a nation, are a people filled with every kind of greed, hate and depravity and approving of those who do such things. it won't get any better. I had just rather hoped that it wouldn't come upon us quite so quickly.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump supporters are fine with Trump's name-calling but they only get mad when someone name-calls against Trump or other Republicans, such as the young women elected to Congress recently...

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump supporters are fine with Trump's name-calling but they only get mad when someone name-calls against Trump or other Republicans, such as the young women elected to Congress recently...

Hi AJ,

I would agree with that, but I'm just as condemning of her as I am him. There really just isn't any place in our national politics where members of our executive or legislative branch need be vulgar or insulting on an open world format. Sure, if in some small group or meeting either one of them wants to make some derogatory or vulgar claim about someone else, I'd let that pass. However, I firmly believe that control of one's tongue is one of the real signs of maturity. Politicians ought to be able to make their feelings and understandings known without having to resort to vulgar or demeaning or denigrating name calling. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Everything else comes from the evil one.

In that, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is just as much guilty as President Trump, although she doesn't seem to be as totally unable to control such things as President Trump seems to be. Unlike our President, she may have learned quickly from the rebuke she received over her behavior. She is much newer than our President in this 'standing on the national stage' job that she has been given.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi AJ,

I would agree with that, but I'm just as condemning of her as I am him. There really just isn't any place in our national politics where members of our executive or legislative branch need be vulgar or insulting on an open world format. Sure, if in some small group or meeting either one of them wants to make some derogatory or vulgar claim about someone else, I'd let that pass. However, I firmly believe that control of one's tongue is one of the real signs of maturity. Politicians ought to be able to make their feelings and understandings known without having to resort to vulgar or demeaning or denigrating name calling. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Everything else comes from the evil one.

In that, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is just as much guilty as President Trump, although she doesn't seem to be as totally unable to control such things as President Trump seems to be. Unlike our President, she may have learned quickly from the rebuke she received over her behavior. She is much newer than our President in this 'standing on the national stage' job that she has been given.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
She has good reason to do what she is doing, even with the name-calling. She is making the point. She is drawing attention to it. She is also calling out the old establishment Democrats (who are basically just republican conservatives that like gay marriage and abortion). New party coming up. She's only the beginning. I'm looking forward to the next elections where we primary more of the old Democrat junk that's in there. The Dems do nothing but act as a lap dog to the Republicans. These are the Dems who let Trump get elected and then let him back them up to a wall (figuratively AND literally!). These Dems are so corrupt and evil that it will be a pleasure to see Pelosi gone for good. Coming soon!!!!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

In Trump's case, it's just the classic bully being confronted. He loves calling people names, but when someone calls him a name, he whimpers about how unfair it is.

Upvote 0