Ormond Beach
✟18,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A 20 minute effort for one of the least offensive insults a person can make?

Since when is calling someone a bozo that offensive? Trump's from New York. That's probably the nicest term I've ever heard a New Yorker say.

Not saying Trump doesn't have problems, but this is definitely not one to get worked up about.

I mean he called Rosie O Donnell a fat pig.
Trump acts the same way as President as he did before he was president.

He's genuine. He's down to earth.

It's awesome.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate all the responses so far. Let me repeat clearly that my post is not to drum up support for anything but a call for the President of the United States to deal with others with respect.

That's the thing, though...he doesn't respect them, and he's not going to pretend he does. Would we act that way? maybe not, but at least he's being honest about the way he feels instead of keeping a straight face in the public eye, then ripping them to pieces behind their backs.

Transparency isn't always pretty but it has it's advantages, and honestly, this just isn't that bad.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've got some useless scripture for you. 1 Peter 2:17. 'Honor the emperor.' What a dumb joke.
That's one of those Scriptures that reappeared in some people Bibles sometime in January, 2017. It (and a handful of others) had mysteriously disappeared from a lot of Bibles for the previous 8 years. Then "POOF!" they were back! :eek:
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon) :coffee:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
tulc(it seems to escape a few people that his vulgarity was/is one of the major draws for some of his supporters) :sorry:

It's awesome.
That's the thing, though...he doesn't respect them, and he's not going to pretend he does. Would we act that way? maybe not, but at least he's being honest about it the way he feels instead of keeping a straight face in the public eye, then ripping them to pieces behind their backs.
See? :wave:
tulc(appreciates when people provide proof for his point) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's awesome.

If Donald Trump is what it's like to be genuine and down to earth than I would rather not be. I have a conscience and I can't treat other people the way he does. He's vulgar and rude. He uses profanity and derogatory names to deride and insult the people he doesn't like. And sadly, he now represents the Republican Party and all the conservative evangelical Christians who voted for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't really apply in a system with no anointed ruler. We vote our officials in so we have the equal right to oppose them

That's coming from a hardcore monarchist btw.

I take it to mean honor whoever is the leader of the country. I honored Obama and you will find nothing derogatory I said about him. Your exception is an artificial one and is merely an excuse to justify disregarding scripture. You don't have to like him and you can vote him out in 2020, but as long as he is in charge scripture applies.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See? :wave:
tulc(appreciates when people provide proof for his point) :oldthumbsup:

How respectful, it's I who am appreciative.

That's hilarious, at least we didn't cut anyone down, and you have the nerve to be down on Trump here?

Priceless!

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I take it to mean honor whoever is the leader of the country. I honored Obama and you will find nothing derogatory I said about him. Your exception is an artificial one and is merely an excuse to justify disregarding scripture. You don't have to like him and you can vote him out in 2020, but as long as he is in charge scripture applies.

A) you assume I disrespect Trump, and
B) no it's not an artificial exception. We live in a democracy- the people are the ruling officials. That is the entire point.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How respectful, it's I who am appreciative.
You're welcome! :wave:

That's hilarious,
Thanks, I do try and keep things light when I can. ;)

at least we didn't cut anyone down,
I'm betting you don't see the irony in this part of the post... :sorry:

and you have the nerve to be down on Trump here?
I'm not sure I understand, I pointed out some of President Trumps supporters like that President Trump says vile things about people, and then you and Residential Bob both said you liked that he did that. I then pointed out that I appreciate when people prove my point for me. If what I said was true at what point would what I said be considered "be down on (President) Trump"? :scratch::

Priceless!
Well...not really "priceless" more like "this post was created for the price of a cup of coffee!" :coffee:
tulc(has just filled another cup and is ready for more threads) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll take the name-calling.
Obviously, that's what President Trumps main claim to fame is, well...that and cheating on all 3 of his wives of course...OH and paying off his mistresses as well. :sorry:

You can keep the druggie who tells a different story when he thinks the mic isn't hot.
...uhmmm...isn't not being aware a mic is hot how they got the "grab them by the#####" story? President Trump was talking and didn't realize (or didn't care) the mic's were hot? :scratch:
tulc(is just wondering) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome! :wave:

Thanks, I do try and keep things light when I can. ;)

I'm betting you don't see the irony in this part of the post... :sorry:

I'm not sure I understand, I pointed out some of President Trumps supporters like that President Trump says vile things about people, and then you and Residential Bob both said you liked that he did that. I then pointed out that I appreciate when people prove my point for me. If what I said was true at what point would what I said be considered "be down on (President) Trump"? :scratch::

Well...not really "priceless" more like "this post was created for the price of a cup of coffee!" :coffee:
tulc(has just filled another cup and is ready for more threads) :)

E for effort for wordy, yet fruitless damage control. ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
E for effort for wordy, yet fruitless damage control. ;)
Wouldn't someone have to show I was wrong about something for me to want to do "damage control"? So far? Everything I've said in this thread has been spot on. :wave:
tulc(doesn't think people need to do damage control when they're right) :sorry:

Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wouldn't someone have to show I was wrong about something for me to want to do "damage control"? So far? Everything I've said in this thread has been spot on. :wave:
tulc(doesn't think people need to do damage control when they're right) :sorry:
;)

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
B) no it's not an artificial exception. We live in a democracy- the people are the ruling officials. That is the entire point.
"The people are the ruling officials." :)

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gary Johnson: 4,488,931
Jill Stein: 1,457,050
Evan McMullin: 728,830
or 6,674,811. :)
tulc(none of which received any electoral votes) :wave:
Thanks
And then there are voters like me who wrote in the name of someone who wasn't on the ballot and people who just didn't choose anyone for president even though they did vote for other positions. So if we are talking about the percentage or even actual numbers of people who didn't want Trump to be president, it's far more than 3,000,000.
I've tried to find the total number of ballots that were processed but I haven't been able to find yet. If we had that number....

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I appreciate all the responses so far. Let me repeat clearly that my post is not to drum up support for anything but a call for the President of the United States to deal with others with respect. I fully understand and appreciate that not all feel as I do about this gutter mouth trash talk that we now get practically daily from our national leader. So, for those who have no problem with any of this, leave your responses and move on. I'm not opening a debate on the subject. For others who might read this thread and also feel as I do about the President's discourse with others, then I'm merely suggesting that it's possible, despite those who say that writing legislators is ineffective, that we can create an uproar over this infantile behavior to the point that they might feel like the majority of the people of this great nation want to return to a reasonably civil position. If our elected officials feel that most of their constituents are bothered by this infantile behavior, then they may make attempts to try and make changes. That's supposed to be how our democratic process works. We have a constitutional right to air grievances and that's exactly what I'm doing here.

Consider that when Gen. Kelley left his post, one of his last words to us was that he hoped we would appreciate his work for what he did prevent the President from doing. Well, that force is gone now and it would seem that the President now feels emboldened to be even more cruel and denigrating.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

A people reap what they sow. Trump is simply a slightly cruder version of what politicians have become. Calling one's opposition and the supporters of one's opposition names in place of using a reasoned argument to attempt to convince people of the correctness of the course of action on advocates has been in vogue for a lot longer than Trump has been in politics. Calling Trump names has become the main way people verbally oppose Trump. The people upset over his behavior might have made a difference in the political discourse if they would have even made a tiny attempt to reign in the name calling by those politicians they were in political agreement in the past or if they now objected to name calling by someone other than Donald Trump or object to returning Trump's name calling by calling Trump names. . Only being upset with the Trump's calling seems a bit hypocritical. tulc rightly points out that much of Trumps appeal is due to his vulgar style and the reason for that is people often like to feel they are getting revenge. When one has been called names repeatedly over the course of years having someone call those name callers names feels good to them. Trump's behavior is not really out of the ordinary, it just hasn't been targeted at the same people in the past nor with as blunt an instrument as Trump.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gary Johnson: 4,488,931
Jill Stein: 1,457,050
Evan McMullin: 728,830
or 6,674,811. :)
tulc(none of which received any electoral votes) :wave:

You are forgetting the vast number of people that found no candidate worthy of a vote at all.

Upvote 0