Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I don't know - i reckon some you can get away with and sound quite nice. And there is the fact that it's more the norm now to call your child by a none run of the mill name.

i personally prefer names that have a nice meaning to them

Reactions: Redstiletto
Upvote 0

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was pregnant with my daughter, the only boy's name I would consider was Gabriel. I love it!

I also love Jonah (that's what I call my husband - confuses everyone, but our surname is Jones!), and second the Noah suggestion - another great name.

One of our church elders has 5 kids, there's a Reuben, but the youngest is Solomon (often shortened to Solly), which sounds fab too. And he's absolutely gorgeous!

And Ethan is another lovely name, as is Isaac, Nathanial & Zachariah...

Choose wisely!

Upvote 0

~*ZEE*~

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,932.00
Faith
Christian
Dude, I can't possibly choose names for other people's kids! It's too personal an act.. and as such must be made solely on the whim of the choser's fancy.

It depends what exactly they're after. If one wants a name that is normal but under-used you could choose from a range of names, from Alec to Jake, Kenan to Walker, Jefferson to Lawrence - depending on the length, characters and sounds they prefer.

*throws some more names about*
Heath, Damien, Blaine, Elliot, Lukas, Quinten, Kingsley, Finlay, Malachi, Riley, Lyon, Parker, Nathaniel, Sawyer, Pierce, Xavier, Uri, Farrar, Dixon, Irving, Orson, Zander, Zane, Zave, Zechariah, Tiernan, Tobias, Hadden, Dane, Yves, Garrett, Harrison, Jude, Clark, Eli, Philip, Noel, Ramsey, Kendall, Rowan, Sebastian...

I could be here all day! The above suggestions are guys names I quite like for their strength and uncommoness, 70% of them are the one-of-a-kind names of people I know (I seem to attract oddly named persons...e.g. Rafael, Fabian, Mena are all ordinary Australian guys with eccentric sounding titles ;) )

Reactions: Redstiletto
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tangnefedd said:
My son-in-law doesn't want any Biblical names, and nothing outlandish, so their list will be quite short in the end. Their eldest son, who is two tomorrow, is called Elliot.

Elliot's a nice name. They could call the new baby George, of course, but that might be a bit cheesy. :p My nephew finally arrived yesterday - 10 days late. I think his name's Alexander, but mum couldn't remember what my brother told her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tangnefedd said:
They don't like George, and my nephew is called Alexander.

I wasn't serious about George - I only said it 'cos their other son is Elliot, and George Eliot was a novelist, (although a woman!)
Alexander wasn't a suggestion either, I only said it to show off that I have a new nephew. :)

Upvote 0

~*ZEE*~

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,932.00
Faith
Christian
Tangnefedd said:
My son-in-law doesn't want any Biblical names, and nothing outlandish, so their list will be quite short in the end. Their eldest son, who is two tomorrow, is called Elliot.

hehe I shared the name Elliot as an option ;)

If they like that kind of name - a good strong British sounding name, and want something that matches it, I would shorten my list of selectives to: Damien, Lukas/Lucas, Harrison, Jude, Dane, Jake, Philip/Phillip, Rowan, Sebastian...

and probably add *racks brains for simpler school chum's names*... Simon, Marcus, Craig, Nathan, Shaun, Leonard.. *shrugs* All the best to them, choosing and all - 'tis hard. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.