BOY Scouts is for GIRLS? Isn't there a GIRL Scouts?

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With BSA now adding girls to its welcome mat along with homosexuals is there any VIRTUE left for BOY Scouts of America? The LDS/Mormons, a historic heavy endorser, have loudly voiced their opinion. What say you about the virtues of becoming a MAN through BSA?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With BSA now adding girls to its welcome mat along with homosexuals is there any VIRTUE left for BOY Scouts of America?
Yep. I don't see why being gay or a girl should prevent you from knowing how to start a fire or set up a tent. :wave:

The LDS/Mormons, a historic heavy endorser, have loudly voiced their opinion.
Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and should feel free to pick their own. :sorry:

What say you about the virtues of becoming a MAN through BSA?
I can see the virtue in learning to be a better person (man or woman) through the Boy Scouts. :amen:
tulc(who has two Scout leaders as well as two Scouts in his family) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
With BSA now adding girls to its welcome mat along with homosexuals is there any VIRTUE left for BOY Scouts of America? The LDS/Mormons, a historic heavy endorser, have loudly voiced their opinion. What say you about the virtues of becoming a MAN through BSA?
Please explain how not being a girl is a virtue.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Earth is flat. We continue to aimlessly pursue nothing; most of us falling off as we gleefully fail to seek a destination.
Got anything to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I come from a scouting family. My mom and dad led a troup, all my brothers are Eagle scouts. I was the only girl in the family and often was at every meeting and outing anyway; along with other sisters and daughters of leaders. The reason I wasn't in girl scouts is that it wasn't available in my area or in any town near mine. Girls have been attending boy scout events for a long time, now they get to earn badges, and boys still learn how to earn badges too, big whoop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
With BSA now adding girls to its welcome mat along with homosexuals is there any VIRTUE left for BOY Scouts of America?

So adding girls reduces the virtue? Curious.

Well, at least atheists are still banned, so they got that going for them.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please explain how not being a girl is a virtue.
I did NOT say what you claim I said. It is obvious. I see that you wrote in English so I ask you to reread what I wrote and you will see clearly that I did NOT say that. One of the purposes BSA was formed so that young men and boys could learn to become more virtuous men and GSA, the same for young women and girls. Each has its own. God created man and woman separate from each other in creation and separate from each other in design and purpose/function. It is only common sense and certainly Christian wisdom that females and males have separate clubs.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God created man and woman separate from each other in creation and separate from each other in design and purpose/function. It is only common sense and certainly Christian wisdom that females and males have separate clubs.

It is becoming apparent that Yahweh created a spectrum of sexuality. Should we persecute some of God's creations because of personal bias?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I did NOT say what you claim I said. It is obvious. I see that you wrote in English so I ask you to reread what I wrote and you will see clearly that I did NOT say that. One of the purposes BSA was formed so that young men and boys could learn to become more virtuous men and GSA, the same for young women and girls. Each has its own. God created man and woman separate from each other in creation and separate from each other in design and purpose/function. It is only common sense and certainly Christian wisdom that females and males have separate clubs.
I see no reason to separate by sex, least of all the bible.

In our modern world, females and males visit the same schools, inhabit the same work space and share leisure activities.

They are even allowed to post in the same places on this message board. Imagine that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right, but why not go to Girl scouts, I believe they teach how to set up a tent and start a fire.
Yes, but the GSA does not have the rank of Eagle Scout, or anything remotely close to it. That seems to be the issue.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is becoming apparent that Yahweh created a spectrum of sexuality. Should we persecute some of God's creations because of personal bias?
That certainly is one popular opinion out there. But not founded upon God's Holy Word; merely upon man's narrow-minded and subjective research. I chose to believe in God's Holy Word. You are free to believe in man's word.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but the GSA does not have the rank of Eagle Scout, or anything remotely close to it. That seems to be the issue.
I think the main issue is that while GSA offers some outdoor activities, a big part of the "curriculum" is about baking and selling cookies and developing classic homemaker skills like economical responsibility, cooking and arts and crafts.

Now, I think that everyone should be able to cook, clean and so on, but many girls join scouting organisations because they want to go on adventures and experience the outdoors. And the BSA just offer far more of that.

I think that boys are able to become men while in the presence of girls.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, girls are very scary to an adolescent boy and a distraction.
Kidding aside, boys act differently in the presence of girls.
I see your point, but why can't boys have a club and exclude girls?

Upvote 0