BOY Scouts is for GIRLS? Isn't there a GIRL Scouts?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, girls are very scary to an adolescent boy and a distraction.
Kidding aside, boys act differently in the presence of girls.
I see your point, but why can't boys have a club and exclude girls?
Of course boys can have a club and exclude girls.

Boys can also have a club and decide to include girls.

This specific club has chosen to include girls.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That certainly is one popular opinion out there.
Actually it is not opinion. It is what is being discovered by science.

But not founded upon God's Holy Word; merely upon man's narrow-minded and subjective research.
I choose to put more trust in what God actually created over your or anybody else interpretation of the bible.

I chose to believe in God's Holy Word. You are free to believe in man's word.
You choose to believe your interpretation of the bible. Which is fine. But every other Christian in the world disagrees with something about your interpretation. So why not trust in God's creation, and leave personal biases etc. behind?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What say you about the virtues of becoming a MAN through BSA?
For me, it was very important. I can say this having come from a troop that had women involved as well as men at the camps and activities, this did not diminish the roles the men had as patrol dads.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I come from a scouting family. My mom and dad led a troup, all my brothers are Eagle scouts. I was the only girl in the family and often was at every meeting and outing anyway; along with other sisters and daughters of leaders. The reason I wasn't in girl scouts is that it wasn't available in my area or in any town near mine. Girls have been attending boy scout events for a long time, now they get to earn badges, and boys still learn how to earn badges too, big whoop.
If things were opposite and there were no boy scouts available in the area, would they allow boys to join the girl scouts?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think the main issue is that while GSA offers some outdoor activities, a big part of the "curriculum" is about baking and selling cookies and developing classic homemaker skills like economical responsibility, cooking and arts and crafts.

Now, I think that everyone should be able to cook, clean and so on, but many girls join scouting organisations because they want to go on adventures and experience the outdoors. And the BSA just offer far more of that.

I think that boys are able to become men while in the presence of girls.
If girls of today want more outdoor activities like the BSA has, what's stopping the GSA from providing more outdoor activities?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If girls of today want more outdoor activities like the BSA has, what's stopping the GSA from providing more outdoor activities?
I think the greater part of girls are satisfied with what the GSA offer, or they wouldn't be successfull. It is only a relative minority that prefers the way BSA handles things.

That said, maybe this move by BSA will prompt GSA to boost their outdoor activities to stay competetive.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the greater part of girls are satisfied with what the GSA offer, or they wouldn't be successfull. It is only a relative minority that prefers the way BSA handles things.

That said, maybe this move by BSA will prompt GSA to boost their outdoor activities to stay competetive.
At least around where I grew up, "successful" is a very generous term to describe the Girl Scouts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, girls are very scary to an adolescent boy and a distraction.
Kidding aside, boys act differently in the presence of girls.
I see your point, but why can't boys have a club and exclude girls?
You can have that "FUNNY" response removed. They are clearly being abusive and not agreeing with you. I had someone on a thread about Trump have mine removed. I did not know it was wrong but the moderators consider it abuse and will remove a "FUNNY" click if it is sarcastic. And the Mods were mostly all involved with this decision. ANY "FUNNY" response which is clearly sarcastic is removable.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You can have that "FUNNY" response removed. They are clearly being abusive and not agreeing with you. I had someone on a thread about Trump have mine removed. I did not know it was wrong but the moderators consider it abuse and will remove a "FUNNY" click if it is sarcastic. And the Mods were mostly all involved with this decision. ANY "FUNNY" response which is clearly sarcastic is removable.
I think the moderators also don't look kindly on someone assuming their authority.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the BSA was founded on biblical principals. I think this era of all inclusiveness being forced on everyone else is wrong and attempting to remove or destroy anything Godly in this country. I think it doesn't bother me a bit if anyone finds it funny, it just shows their true colors, and what side they are on.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Point of Information - Girl Scouts has the Gold Award, which is similar in requirement and similar in many tangible benefits to Eagle (recipients who go into US military enter one rank higher, DC recognition, etc.)

You can debate who it isn't perceived as being as prestigious as Eagle Scout if you wish.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wow just seen this quote from Baden Powell the founder of the scouting movement.
"Lay up all day. Read Mein Kampf. A wonderful book, with good ideas on education, health, propaganda, organisation etc. – and ideals which Hitler does not practise himself.“

Sadly the founder of the Boy Scouts was a bit of a fan of fascism.
Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If things were opposite and there were no boy scouts available in the area, would they allow boys to join the girl scouts?

Probably if the leaders had to bring all their kids along to in order to be able lead activities b/c they didn't have childcare. I babysat some girls that I took to a girl scout troup meeting and the leader had her son there. He was reading his own book, but took part in an activity b/c he thought it was cool. She had two daughters, one in that age group and one younger but who was also participating. I mainly experienced that if a family was involved in scouting and the parents were leaders; then all the children in the family grew up participating or at least being there even if it was sometimes in an unofficial manner. My brother works for BSA and has all daughters and they go along to events and camps if he is directing. If he is living at one of the camps for the summer, then his wife and daughters go also so the family can be together.

Campfire Girls became Campfire boys and girls in 1975 and the world survived and they are still around. I don't happen to think BSA rule change is that big of a deal. Even the church "badge earning" equivalent (Awanas) is co-ed. I don't believe it's unGodly or unBiblical for a scouting organization to be co-ed.

• Informative
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the moderators also don't look kindly on someone assuming their authority.
This kind of comment is TOTALLY out of logical and reasonable reasoning. I clearly made absolutely NO assumption of authority. I made an informative comment and if they do take a "Funny" made by you or me or anyone to the mods and it is deemed sarcastic as I said they will use THEIR authority and remove it just as they did a sarcastic "Funny" I once made about Mrs. Bill Clinton and the individual who did the sarcasm WILL be contacted by a MOD.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,455.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This kind of comment is TOTALLY out of logical and reasonable reasoning. I clearly made absolutely NO assumption of authority. I made an informative comment and if they do take a "Funny" made by you or me or anyone to the mods and it is deemed sarcastic as I said they will use THEIR authority and remove it just as they did a sarcastic "Funny" I once made about Mrs. Bill Clinton and the individual who did the sarcasm WILL be contacted by a MOD.
I had different experiences.

Maybe you weren't funny enough?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Probably if the leaders had to bring all their kids along to in order to be able lead activities b/c they didn't have childcare. I babysat some girls that I took to a girl scout troup meeting and the leader had her son there. He was reading his own book, but took part in an activity b/c he thought it was cool. She had two daughters, one in that age group and one younger but who was also participating. I mainly experienced that if a family was involved in scouting and the parents were leaders; then all the children in the family grew up participating or at least being there even if it was sometimes in an unofficial manner. My brother works for BSA and has all daughters and they go along to events and camps if he is directing. If he is living at one of the camps for the summer, then his wife and daughters go also so the family can be together.
So does the Girl Scouts allow boys to join?
Campfire Girls became Campfire boys and girls in 1975 and the world survived and they are still around. I don't happen to think BSA rule change is that big of a deal. Even the church "badge earning" equivalent (Awanas) is co-ed. I don't believe it's unGodly or unBiblical for a scouting organization to be co-ed.
Was there already a boy’s version of Campfire girls at this time?

Upvote 0