• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bored and fed up of mysel

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 20 years old and very bored with my life.
since a couple of years I hardly ever feel happy or excited. I used to love lots of things like going in holiday and lots of other stuff but have lost interest and can never be bothered with it all. I also lost all my interest in women at the same time and so now feel like an alien in this world with no hope.
Please help. I hate everything and feel like w toxic person.

• Prayers
Reactions: Deborah D

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
This life isn't about you. You were made by and for your Creator, for his purposes. Be thankful you at least get to watch.

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him." Job 13:15

"25 I know that my redeemer lives.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes —I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19

You can't very well expect satisfaction out of this life in the end, but getting to know who made you makes this life very interesting.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Andrew, I think that life does that. It has ups and downs. If you read the bios of some of the most famous people in our history, you will see that they had flat periods or thought they were through in every meaningful way...but then found a new interest and, sometimes, went on to their best years. The same can happen with you, but I urge you to at least keep an eye open for new opportunities or interests.

Upvote 0

Simplywell

Jun 17, 2019
Oregon
✟15,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am 20 years old and very bored with my life.
since a couple of years I hardly ever feel happy or excited. I used to love lots of things like going in holiday and lots of other stuff but have lost interest and can never be bothered with it all. I also lost all my interest in women at the same time and so now feel like an alien in this world with no hope.
Please help. I hate everything and feel like w toxic person.

Are you currently taking any antidepressants? I found that these not only leveled my depression but also leveled all my emotions making it difficult to care about anything or find enjoyment.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you currently taking any antidepressants? I found that these not only leveled my depression but also leveled all my emotions making it difficult to care about anything or find enjoyment.
No I am not.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been through these times myself. In additon to what others have said, it sounds like there could be a physical element to what you are experiencing. Make sure your nutrition, hydration, exercise, and rest are where they should be, and maybe see a doc.

Prayers,
a

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0