Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I appreciate Sasha Baron Cohen's subversive humor, even if it's sometimes really bad and cringeworthy. SBC apparently manages to get in a few COVID jokes, also.

The backstory is that Borat comes to America to try to offer his daughter, Tutar (played by Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova), to Mike Pence as a bride, since she aspires to be like "Queen Melania living in a gold cage". And there's apparently a scene in the film involving an embarrassing setup of Rudy Giuliani.

"Borat 2" makes an America slathered in misogyny and disinformation reckon with itself

Last edited:

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
We watched the movie this morning. It's even better than the first film, and is full of genius. It's not all that clean from an Evangelical perspective, perhaps, as it contains alot of sexual humor and nudity. But that doesn't really bother me.

There's plenty of cringe in this film as you see the crazy paranoia, racism, sexism, and conspiracy theories on display. However, there's a touching scene in the film where Cohen goes into a synagogue dressed as a crude anti-Semitic caricature, and an old woman who is a holocaust survivor confronts him.

It also has a cool twist ending, parodying alot of Hollywood thrillers.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And there's apparently a scene in the film involving an embarrassing setup of Rudy Giuliani.

In an effort to repair his reputation (or maybe not) on Steve Bannon's podcast, Giuliani discusses checking out LPGA golfer Michelle Wie's underwear when she putted as they played together at a charity event.

Wie West called Giuliani's story "highly inappropriate" and "unsettling."

"What this person should have remembered from that day was the fact that I shot 64 and beat every male golfer in the field leading our team to victory. I shudder thinking that he was smiling to my face and complimenting me on my game while objectifying me and referencing my 'panties' behind my back all day," said Wie West in a Twitter post.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In an effort to repair his reputation (or maybe not) on Steve Bannon's podcast, Giuliani discusses checking out LPGA golfer Michelle Wie's underwear when she putted as they played together at a charity event.

Wie West called Giuliani's story "highly inappropriate" and "unsettling."

"What this person should have remembered from that day was the fact that I shot 64 and beat every male golfer in the field leading our team to victory. I shudder thinking that he was smiling to my face and complimenting me on my game while objectifying me and referencing my 'panties' behind my back all day," said Wie West in a Twitter post.

lol jeez.

I watched the movie recently and thought the whole thing about Rudy's part in it was overblown. Sure, he seemed eager to join Tutar in the hotel room, but he was clearly tucking in his shirt, not pleasuring himself. They probably could've gotten more embarrassing material if they'd stretched it out another couple minutes.

Upvote 0