michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
I've finished some great books lately which I was busting to discuss with friends but no one had read them! So very disappointing. I generally miss a lot of the subtext in a book, so I almost need to discuss things with people if I am to catch half of the depth.

So how about we pick a book, read it for homework, and then a month later, we collect back to discuss what we thought? I don't need a full month to read a book, but I've already good stuff I'm working on and work comes up every now and then, so I'd think that two weeks would be the minimum, and I wouldn't want to wait more than a month or everyone will forget.

What do you think?

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Any time between two weeks and a month is fine with me. How long do you think would be best?

As for book selection, why don't we start with a week of suggestions and then I'll take the list and put it in a poll where we can vote. In the future, we'd do all of this early so that when we finish the first book, we're ready to start the second.

So for the moment, if you have any book suggestions or preferred timelines, post them here and then on the first of May we can begin voting. I'll start with "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...&field-author=Mark Haddon/103-2849517-9578252

Upvote 0