Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
collects vintage children's books? My divorced parents were anti-religion. But I bought myself some children's prayer books at the dime store when I had $1.00 a month allowance. :) God works in mysterious ways. My stepfather got rid of the TV, but two of us read a lot of books.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
collects vintage children's books? My divorced parents were anti-religion. But I bought myself some children's prayer books at the dime store when I had $1.00 a month allowance. :) God works in mysterious ways. My stepfather got rid of the TV, but two of us read a lot of books.
Yes I do ....and vintage books and art.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes I do ....and vintage books and art.
Wow. I tend to not share my info off line because I've never met anyone who would even smile at my hobby. Lately, I was searching for copies to give my great grandkids but their parents tend to ignore me. So I'm wondering if I should bother. There's a poem by Mary Betham-Edwards in Prayers for Children, a Little Golden Book, illustrated by Eloise Wilkin. It starts out: God make my life a little light within the world to glow, a little flame that burneth bright wherever I may go. . . .

The newer versions of that book don't have the poem. I used to have it memorized.

Upvote 0