US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The statements in the Torah are clear and should require no clarification.

That's a rather bold statement considering how many times Yahshua had to correct those who's job it was to understand the Torah, and to explain it to Israel.

I take a more humble approach, than to believe that the Torah is completely clear to me.

Since you have such keen understanding; perhaps you can tell me with certainty why there is a blue thread in your tzitzit.

I'd also like a clear understanding of the symbolism and function of the lulav.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's a rather bold statement considering how many times Yahshua had to correct those who's job it was to understand the Torah, and to explain it to Israel.

I take a more humble approach, than to believe that the Torah is completely clear to me.

Since you have such keen understanding; perhaps you can tell me with certainty why there is a blue thread in your tzitzit.

I's also like a clear understanding of the symbolism and fucntion of the lulav.

The statement was in regard to the tablets of the Testimony and what was written on them.
That is the topic of the OP. Thanks.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The statement was in regard to the tablets of the Testimony and what was written on them.
That is the topic of the OP. Thanks.

Oh, I see. Well then perhaps you can tell me which ten words were written on the tablets.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Or perhaps you can read them yourself in your preferred translation.

I'm having difficulty in finding clarity here. Perhaps your translation would make it more clear.

Would you post them for me?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm having difficulty in finding clarity here. Perhaps your translation would make it more clear.

Would you post them for me?
JPS 1917
Exodus 34:
And the LORD said unto Moses: ‘Write thou these words, for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.’
28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten words.

Some scholars use "ten utterances".=Ten Commandments.
Are we talking about clarity, or sincerity?
You posted a paper that called into question the meaning of the scriptures in discussion.
Is Rabbinic commentary on Torah=Torah?
Is the author of the article you posted Messianic and teaching by the Ruach ha-Kodesh?
You decide. You are on your own, I will not invest any more time in this discussion with you.

Upvote 0