America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Yes, we know various people are pushing the Big Lie. But it won't fly. Even most republican leaders now admit that Biden won fairly.

"Trump claims the election was stolen. The assertions range from specific local allegations to constitutional arguments to sweeping conspiracy theories ... nothing before us proves illegality anywhere near the massive scale – the massive scale – that would have tipped the entire election."
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell

"Well, first of all, the conference will decide but I don't think anybody is questioning the legitimacy of the presidential election," McCarthy replied. "I think that is all over with sitting here with the President today."
House Minority Leader Keven McCarthy

Trump just lied about it. That's not a surprise. He lies about almost everything.

Mitch McConnell Senate Speech Transcript January 6: Rejects Efforts to Overturn Presidential Election Results

Kevin McCarthy just tried to gaslight the entire country on the 2020 election

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟917,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

From the second link:
What's remarkable is that the most likely outcome of this neat bit of gaslighting by McCarthy is that he will likely earn a rebuke from Trump. Because Trump has attacked anyone and everyone who won't sign on to his Big Lie about the 2020 election. Which will, of course, prove how ridiculous McCarthy's claim that nobody is questioning the legitimacy of the election actually is.

Yeah, he did some of that. But the point is, he publicly rejected the Big Lie. Credit where credit is due. And yeah, it's true.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
It's a fairly new phenomenon that fills the emptiness of conspiracy theorists who just never want to believe that most events are really just as plain and simple as they appear to be.
"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."--Morpheus, The Matrix

"Be Careful Because Some Things That Are Termed A Conspiracy Are True"
--Edward Snowden

"Ridiculing something, regardless of how much evidence it holds, has been commonplace, especially today. This is a “psychological warfare” tool, and it’s quite rampant. A declassified document from the CIA archives in the form of a letter from a CIA task force addressed to the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time details the close relationship that existed between the CIA and mainstream media and academia. Imagine what it’s like today."
Countering Criticism of The Warren Report ... CIA DOC 1035-960.pdf
‘Be Careful Because Some Things That Are Termed A Conspiracy Are True’ – Edward Snowden

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Be Careful Because Some Things That Are Termed A Conspiracy Are True"

Some people hear the sound of hooves, and think "zebra." Which is a cool thing, no question about it. But it's almost always horses, and if you bet anything substantial on "zebra", you're going to end up losing it, most of the time.

That's how the world works. And the reality is actually, pretty interesting without imagining other stuff. Which doesn't mean that there aren't conspiracies, sometimes. It just means that almost all things aren't part of a conspiracy, or are conspiracies so prosaic and well-known that they aren't interesting at all.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Man actually shooting U.S. Congress members claimed to be a Bernie Sanders supporte

Yep. Left wing terrorists exist. They just lack the numbers to do anything on the level of this:
iu

Oh, and Bernie didn't tell this guy to go do it, as Trump told his supporters. That matters, too.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, in a speech after he voted to acquit former President Donald Trump on charges of inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, argued Trump is “practically and morally responsible” for the attack and said he could still face legal consequences.
McConnell said there is “no question” that Trump is “practically and morally responsible for provoking the events” of Jan. 6, alleging the rioters were “been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on earth."

McConnell Makes Case For Trump’s Guilt After Voting To Acquit Him

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Some people hear the sound of hooves, and think "zebra." Which is a cool thing, no question about it. But it's almost always horses, and if you bet anything substantial on "zebra", you're going to end up losing it, most of the time.

Not these people, though. That's the thing, isn't it? It's all about perspective. Some people fit in the Amity faction, others are Dauntless. I'm thinking you're neither one.

f41848f82e94610f594ca0c5fcc04b4919d00913_hq.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not these people, though. That's the thing, isn't it? It's all about perspective. Some people fit in the Amity faction, others are Dauntless. I'm thinking you're neither one.

The factions are, you probably know, symbols of the failure to integrate aspects of personality. I like the Crann Bethadh of the Amity faction though.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The factions are, you probably know, symbols of the failure to integrate aspects of personality. I like the Crann Bethadh of the Amity faction though.

So... I picked my jaw up off the floor... and offer this, in exchange.
Divergent: What's your Faction?
If this thread goes like most of mine go... a cold front is headed your way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to be a huge sci-fi/sword'n sorcery fan. Role playing games and stuff. Not pretending to be a huge fan or even having a firm grasp of all the threads in what is one of the more complicated author-created worlds in fiction.

Just kinda liked the premise. Maybe I should go back and take a look with 20-year-old eyes.

Took your quiz:

You show an aptitude for ERUDITE. Respect for knowledge and logic is at the core of who you are.

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟917,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Left wing terrorists exist. They just lack the numbers to do anything on the level of this:
iu

Oh, and Bernie didn't tell this guy to go do it, as Trump told his supporters.

Those pics make the whole case by contrast

Screenshot%2B2020-08-27%2Bat%2B11.36.39%2BAM.png

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I used to be a huge sci-fi/sword'n sorcery fan. Role playing games and stuff. Not pretending to be a huge fan or even having a firm grasp of all the threads in what is one of the more complicated author-created worlds in fiction.

Just kinda liked the premise. Maybe I should go back and take a look with 20-year-old eyes.

Took your quiz:

You show an aptitude for ERUDITE. Respect for knowledge and logic is at the core of who you are.

Very cool. I'm still scyfy... but I'm split in half on that test.

In this one, I'm Divergent.
Divergent Faction Quiz. 100% Accurate Divergent Test

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Those pics make the whole case by contrast

Yep. The far right, particularly white supremacists, had a "foolproof deception" planned. But somehow, it didn't work out the way they hoped:

Officials Say White Supremacists Infiltrated Black Lives Matter Protest in Richmond to Instigate Riots
Officials Say White Supremacists Infiltrated Black Lives Matter Protest in Richmond to Instigate Riots

Far Right Boogaloo Bois from Texas Are Who Set Fire to Police Precinct During George Floyd Protest in Minneapolis and Open Fired on Police
Far Right Boogaloo Bois from Texas Are Who Set Fire to Police Precinct During George Floyd Protest in Minneapolis and Open Fired on Police

Far-Right Gang Killed Cop In Plot To Blame 2020 Protest Violence On 'Leftists'

Minneapolis police identify 'Umbrella Man' who helped incite George Floyd riots, warrant says
According to a search warrant filed earlier this week, the man is associated with the "Aryan Cowboys," which the Anti-Defamation League lists as a White supremacist prison and street gang.

Minneapolis police identify 'Umbrella Man' who helped incite George Floyd riots, warrant says - CNN

There's a lot more, if you want to see more. One of the good things about right-wing terrorists, is they aren't too bright. So a lot of them were rather easily caught.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Mine:
Not many people end up being Erudite. That is because intelligence is beyond knowledge. The Erudite community encourages its members to fight idiocy and unawareness. And the fact that you fell into this Faction shows you care about such matters as well. It is great that you value learning new stuff and experiencing novel things. However, do not forget that you are prone to vanity and narcissism. So, use your intelligence to help others rather than humiliating them for what they lack.

In the Briggs/Myers system, I'm an extreme INTP/ENTP. So I'd probably always get the same results here. And now, I think we've hijacked the thread. Maybe we should take it elsewhere.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Mine:
Not many people end up being Erudite. That is because intelligence is beyond knowledge. The Erudite community encourages its members to fight idiocy and unawareness. And the fact that you fell into this Faction shows you care about such matters as well. It is great that you value learning new stuff and experiencing novel things. However, do not forget that you are prone to vanity and narcissism. So, use your intelligence to help others rather than humiliating them for what they lack.

In the Briggs/Myers system, I'm an extreme INTP/ENTP. So I'd probably always get the same results here. And now, I think we've hijacked the thread. Maybe we should take it elsewhere.

Divergent: What's your Faction?
Astrology and Personality Type: the Lion, the Moon, and the Wardrobe

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What evidence is there that this was a false flag?
well...to be fair if you're that far down the rabbit hole of conspiracies' that you start claiming "false flag" about something, the total lack of any sort of evidence is usually all the evidence needed to prove it.
tulc(is just sayn')

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The FBI has found that the Trump supporter who threatened to bomb buildings in Washington, DC had all the materials to make a bomb, but was unable to properly put a bomb together.

Hence he just bluffed about it during the stand-off.

We can't assume all of them are that dumb. It's a continuing problem and there are lots of vulnerable sites for these terrorists to hit.

Upvote 0