Visit site
✟435,770.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What I see is cheap lip service to the sentiment.
That doesn't change the fact that BLM IS an existential threat, NOT to "white privilege" (an imaginary construct) or supremacy, but to Western civilization itself. This is a Fallen world. You (any "you") CANNOT drive sin out of people's hearts, and build the utopia that Christians see only in the Kingdom of Heaven, but you CAN tear down the few havens that limit and prevent tyranny, and even punish a supremacy of any sort that treats other peoples as inferior. In short, BLM and those promoting the idea that white people in general are at fault for their skin color (aka "actual racism") in (at best) an effort to right actual injustices, and at worst, to grab power and visit the injustice in the opposite direction, are sawing off the very branch that they are sitting on.

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't change the fact that BLM IS an existential threat, NOT to "white privilege" (an imaginary construct) or supremacy, but to Western civilization itself. This is a Fallen world. You (any "you") CANNOT drive sin out of people's hearts, and build the utopia that Christians see only in the Kingdom of Heaven, but you CAN tear down the few havens that limit and prevent tyranny, and even punish a supremacy of any sort that treats other peoples as inferior. In short, BLM and those promoting the idea that white people in general are at fault for their skin color (aka "actual racism") in (at best) an effort to right actual injustices, and at worst, to grab power and visit the injustice in the opposite direction, are sawing off the very branch that they are sitting on.

BLM is not that big a deal.

They do, from time to time, tap into disparate existing sentiments which have disparate other causes.

In my area, if the sentiment is black people being unjustly killed by police, someone labeling himself BLM can get black people to participate in a protest march.

If that same "BLM spokesman" then gets emboldened enough to call for a march to tear down statues...he'll get crickets from black people, but he might get the attention of white Gen-Zers (otherwise know as the Doomer Generation).

But if you get distracted into keeping your eyes on the BLM bouncing ball, you'll miss seeing what the magician is doing with his other hand.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,770.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
BLM is not that big a deal.

They do, from time to time, tap into disparate existing sentiments which have disparate other causes.

In my area, if the sentiment is black people being unjustly killed by police, someone labeling himself BLM can get black people to participate in a protest march.

If that same "BLM spokesman" then gets emboldened enough to call for a march to tear down statues...he'll get crickets from black people, but he might get the attention of white Gen-Zers (otherwise know as the Doomer Generation).

But if you get distracted into keeping your eyes on the BLM bouncing ball, you'll miss seeing what the magician is doing with his other hand.
I think this ought to be in St Justin's.
Probably all threads about racial divisions being artificially expanded now ought to go there.

I see several of the magician's hands. The ultimate one is called "Satan". He has, here on Thulcandra, aka "the Earth", powerful and wealthy people working for him, who hate everything remotely Christian in Western civilization. They are acting on a number of fronts to create a global kingdom of this world which will be an anti-utopia. They have already managed to drive a majority of Christians out of the Middle East, and to teach people to hate America, where not so long ago (in my living memory) we were loved and welcomed. In the US, what is left of the Christianity boiled down to rags still stands in their way. The promotion of sexual anarchy is a key front in the battle to tear what remains down. It is no coincidence that the actual organizations getting large amounts of actual money, like Planned Parenthood and BLM, support the agenda of sexual anarchy under the cloak of a euphemistic acronym, "LGBTXYZ..." It IS a very real front in this cultural war that could soon spill into something more serious and horrible, and claiming that it is nothing to be concerned about is either naive in the extreme or malicious.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Orthodoxy is Orthodoxy." (A statement with which I'm 100% sure the EO agree, even if they don't see HH as being Orthodox himself.)
No doubt. What HH Pope Shenouda III says in that video is painfully true for us, sometimes. And it works both ways. If the beard is long enough, its owner MUST be preaching Orthodoxy, the Truth. But if Father's wearing a Roman collar...well...must be an insane liberal ecumenist.

Which is not to say there is no reason to be wary of certain introductions, but only to say that you cannot judge what someone says by their appearance. As if this needed saying...

Upvote 0