Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The headline itself refutes your point that Pence was never in any danger. The Secret Service should never have to defend the VP to that extent in the Capitol.

You keep bringing up this refuted claim that all police departments are under a single system. Judging from your claims it appears have no clue how policing works in this country.
BTW Trayvon Martin was not killed by police

Are they all police departments? In the United States? Then they're all under a single system. It's like saying that Walmart in California is separate from California in Texas because "it's not a single system!".

I realize that Trayvon was not killed by police, but the fact that whatshisname was let off from the crime is proof that the justice system is deeply racist and needs to be changed. We've been through this and you stubbornly refuse to understand a single thing I've been saying. I'm still undecided whether it's willful ignorance or not.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The headline itself refutes your point that Pence was never in any danger.
Quote from the article;

"Secret Service spokesperson Justine Whelane said Pence was safe through out the day"

Nuff said; your argument failed.
Are they all police departments? In the United States? Then they're all under a single system.
No they are not! Departments in each state are a different system, have a different set of rules, and a different way of doing business.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quote from the article;

"Secret Service spokesperson Justine Whelane said Pence was safe through out the day"

Nuff said; your argument failed.

Well gee...I'm convinced. So glad we don't have to think any deeper than "Pence was safe" and not question why the VP came within a length of being in danger in the first place. Phew! Thought some people ITT might have to do some soul-searching for a minute there!

No they are not! Departments in each state are a different system, have a different set of rules, and a different way of doing business.
[/QUOTE]

Which are all under the same umbrella of the American justice system, which has a history of discrimination against black people. So once again, it's like saying that Walmart in Texas is different from Walmart in California for reasons.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I realize that Trayvon was not killed by police, but the fact that whatshisname was let off from the crime is proof that the justice system is deeply racist and needs to be changed.
So a black man was killed by a Mexican man in a way that was legal under the justice system of that particular state, (remember laws in each state are different) and was exonerated. Are you saying if it was the other way around and a Black man killed a Mexican in a way that was legal, they would convict him anyway? Is this the argument you are making? Or are you just makin’ stuff up as you go along because nothing else is working…..
Which are all under the same umbrella of the American justice system, which has a history of discrimination against black people. So once again, it's like saying that Walmart in Texas is different from Walmart in California for reasons.
Ringo
The fact that federal law trumps state law does not mean everything is the same. As long as the department meet specific federal standards, they can pretty much operate the way they want.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If a department is meeting specific federal standards and things like George Floyd and Trayvon's murderer getting off (I genuinely can't remember his name and don't want to), then the federal standards need to be changed.

This is not hard.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If a department is meeting specific federal standards and things like George Floyd and Trayvon's murderer getting off (I genuinely can't remember his name and don't want to), then the federal standards need to be changed.

This is not hard.
Ringo
How was the death of Tony Timpa and Timothy Coffman any different than George Floyd’s? Why such a big fuss over Floyd’s death and not the others? Care to answer those questions?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How was the death of Tony Timpa and Timothy Coffman any different than George Floyd’s? Why such a big fuss over Floyd’s death and not the others? Care to answer those questions?

A cop put his knee on a man's neck for over eight minutes, and will probably face no consequences for it whatsoever, part of a long legacy of racist policing in this country.

I hope this helps, because I'm not sure how to make this more clear to you.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A cop put his knee on a man's neck for over eight minutes, and will probably face no consequences for it whatsoever, part of a long legacy of racist policing in this country.

I hope this helps, because I'm not sure how to make this more clear to you.
Ringo
All 3 men had the cops knee on their necks till they died, all 3 of them were on drugs, and (at least for Timothy and Tony) the cops got off. So why do you protest one but not the others? Why is one racist but not the others? IOW what is different about the Floyd case than the others that you or nobody else cares about? (c'mon I'm sure if you think about it you can figure this one out)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All 3 men had the cops knee on their necks till they died, all 3 of them were on drugs, and (at least for Timothy and Tony) the cops got off. So why do you protest one but not the others? Why is one racist but not the others? IOW what is different about the Floyd case than the others that you or nobody else cares about? (c'mon I'm sure if you think about it you can figure this one out)
Hmm...all of this seems to suggest a scourge of police brutality and violence that might be endemic to the policing system.

But that can't be, right? You assured me that every police district was an island unto itself and that there was absolutely no connection at all.
Ringo

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hmm...all of this seems to suggest a scourge of police brutality and violence that might be endemic to the policing system.

But that can't be, right? You assured me that every police district was an island unto itself and that there was absolutely no connection at all.
Ringo
Care to answer my question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Care to answer my question?

Thought I already answered it? There is no difference; it's all a part of the same rotten cop system. The same one you've sworn doesn't actually exist.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thought I already answered it? There is no difference; it's all a part of the same rotten cop system. The same one you've sworn doesn't actually exist.
Ringo
The question is why are you outraged by one but not the others? Why is one racism but not the others?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question is why are you outraged by one but not the others? Why is one racism but not the others?

Who said I was or wasn't outraged by every unnecessary death by cop? But there's a history of cops being malicious and uncaring with minorities, which is what BLM aims to mitigate.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Who said I was or wasn't outraged by every unnecessary death by cop?
So why do you assume George Floyd’s death was the result of racist cops and a racist justice system, but the Timothy Coffman and Tony Timpa’s death was not, but the result of something else? Are you the type to just assume racism whenever a black man dies at the hands of a white cop? Or are you better than that, and have other reasons for your assumptions?

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Estimates: George Floyd Riots To Cost 66 Times More Than Capitol Damage
Estimates: George Floyd Riots Cost 66 Times More Than Capitol Damage

Gee, a 1 day event limited to a single location with maybe a few hundred thousand people present resulted in less damage than a months long event involving 10s of millions of people.

Who could have imagined that?

Just so I'm refreshed though: Which one was a protest movement about police reform and systematic inequalities in the US law enforcement and justice system? And, which one was a collective hissy-fit to the reality of a overwhelming election loss that saw people violently trying to reverse the results, egged on by a leader that clearly only values democracy when the process benefits him?

Next you'll be telling me that the Hong Kong Independence protests resulted in more damage than the protests marking the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown!

• Informative
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gee, a 1 day event limited to a single location with maybe a few hundred thousand people present resulted in less damage than a months long event involving 10s of millions of people.

Who could have imagined that?

Just so I'm refreshed though: Which one was a protest movement about police reform and systematic inequalities in the US law enforcement and justice system? And, which one was a collective hissy-fit to the reality of a overwhelming election loss that saw people violently trying to reverse the results, egged on by a leader that clearly only values democracy when the process benefits him?

Next you'll be telling me that the Hong Kong Independence protests resulted in more damage than the protests marking the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown!
I don't think most of the Antifa riots were about police reform, I think they used legitimate protests as an excuse to destroy private property and loot because they knew they could get away with it; and unfortunately most of the city leaders allowed it to happen.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think most of the Antifa riots were about police reform, I think they used legitimate protests as an excuse to destroy private property and loot because they knew they could get away with it; and unfortunately most of the city leaders allowed it to happen.

This is further evidence that supports the idea that the capitol rioters were treated differently than BLM rioters. The capitol rioters were met with armed police who fired on them. BLM rioters were allowed to do their thing, knowing they'd get away with it because most of the city leaders allowed it to happen.

• Agree
Upvote 0