Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
but far far to many of them do.
Well 15% of protests turned riots is far far too many as well!
what about the time he defended Kyle Rittenhouse for murdering the BLM protesters by claiming he shot them, with an AR 15 rifle in self defense? "“He was trying to get away from them And he fell, and then they very violently attacked him. … he probably would have been killed.” Trump 8/31/20
That was the truth. If you look at the video, all the people he shot were either chasing him or attacking him. And did Trump actually call the Rittenhouse attackers BLM rioters? Or just rioters.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When kaperbicj took a knee in silent protest half of y'all lost her minds and supported trumps characterization of him.

The "protests should be peaceful" mantra you expect us to believe is important to you holds no sway if you deride peaceful protests too.

And I would guarantee that as a percentage most posters were surprised to see so low a number.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When kaperbicj took a knee in silent protest half of y'all lost her minds and supported trumps characterization of him.

The "protests should be peaceful" mantra you expect us to believe is important to you holds no sway if you deride peaceful protests too.
Nobody faulted Colin because his protest was peaceful, they faulted him because they did not agree with what he was protesting against, and the platform he was using to accomplish this. Big difference.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody faulted Colin because his protest was peaceful, they faulted him because they did not agree with what he was protesting against, and the platform he was using to accomplish this. Big difference.
Disagreeing with someone or the platform that they use does not make their protest wrong.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh! So he wasn't protesting in the exact acceptable way they preferred.

Boy, I wonder how difficult that was for them? All that offence to be taken at a black man kneeling during an anthem.
I think what makes the difference so HUGE
Was all the violence he employed on their sensibilities and nationalism. A true frontal assault.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh! So he wasn't protesting in the exact acceptable way they preferred.
No; he was protesting in a way they disapproved of. Why do you not have a problem with his peaceful protest, but you don’t approve of people peacefully objecting to his protest? You think just because your protest is peaceful, everybody has to agree with you?
Boy, I wonder how difficult that was for them?
Why does it have to be difficult?
All that offence to be taken at a black man kneeling during an anthem.
It wasn’t just a (half) black man kneeling during the anthem, (the protest started when he sat down; before he changed it to kneeling) it was a rich football star protesting in a way that insulted a lot of people. When you insult people, they will object to what you are doing.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Were really, really infrequently violent.

Nearly all Black Lives Matter protests are peaceful despite Trump narrative, report finds

I mean, not when you turn on the tv or listen to Trump supporters about the hellscape democrat cities have become.

But in reality, numbers show.
Further, it’s been reported that in those 7% instances where the protests did break out into violence or property damage, more than half were instigated by right-wing counter protestors. Here’s a great article that delves into all the statistics: Demonstrations & Political Violence in America: New Data for Summer 2020 | ACLED

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It wasn’t just a (half) black man kneeling during the anthem, (the protest started when he sat down; before he changed it to kneeling) it was a rich football star protesting in a way that insulted a lot of people. When you insult people, they will object to what you are doing.
He insulted their stupid nationalistic sensibilities.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He insulted their stupid nationalistic sensibilities.
Movie stars and athletes have a reputation of using their position to influence people on issues they little or nothing about. I remember an instance when Goldie Hawn was doing such a thing and she ended her speech with "everybody should contact their representative and let them know these issues are important" and someone from the crowd asked Goldie; who is your representative Goldie? She began to stutter and pause when someone from her crew interrupted and answered the question for her because it was obvious she didn't know. Here she was asking people to do what she obviously hadn't done because she didn't even know who her representative was! Sometimes people get tired of all of that; just because you have talent in one area doesn't mean you know what you're talking about in other areas. These people don't know any more than you, me, or anybody else; yet they expect us to listen to them.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Movie stars and athletes have a reputation of using their position to influence people on issues they little or nothing about. I remember an instance when Goldie Hawn was doing such a thing and she ended her speech with "everybody should contact their representative and let them know these issues are important" and someone from the crowd asked Goldie; who is your representative Goldie? She began to stutter and pause when someone from her crew interrupted and answered the question for her because it was obvious she didn't know. Here she was asking people to do what she obviously hadn't done because she didn't even know who her representative was! Sometimes people get tired of all of that; just because you have talent in one area doesn't mean you know what you're talking about in other areas. These people don't know any more than you, me, or anybody else; yet they expect us to listen to them.
Indeed, you shouldn’t contact your representative to talk about issues that are important to you, because the person telling you to might not know who theirs is.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed, you shouldn’t contact your representative to talk about issues that are important to you, because the person telling you to might not know who theirs is.
Or perhaps I don't need someone who don't even know who their representative is, telling me to contact mine about what they feel is important

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn't make the protest wrong, but it will cause people to complain about your protest! And that is exactly what a lot of people did.
Yes, it will. And that means the protest is working - a protest that offends no one is pointless. But voicing objection to the manner of protest (assuming the protest harms no one) is a sign that you don't have any meaningful counter to the subject of the protest. Tell me, who was harmed by Kaepernick kneeling (or even sitting) for the anthem?

Sometimes people get tired of all of that; just because you have talent in one area doesn't mean you know what you're talking about in other areas.
Given the events of the past few years, I think Colin Kaepernick had a pretty good idea of what he was talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it will. And that means the protest is working - a protest that offends no one is pointless. But voicing objection to the manner of protest (assuming the protest harms no one) is a sign that you don't have any meaningful counter to the subject of the protest. Tell me, who was harmed by Kaepernick kneeling (or even sitting) for the anthem?
Nobody has to be harmed in order for them to disagree with the point he was making.

Given the events of the past few years, I think Colin Kaepernick had a pretty good idea of what he was talking about.
I'm sure Kaepernick did know what he was talking about, and those who disagree with him knew what they were talking about as well. And Kaepernick was not the only one kneeling; we had teams going to foreign countries to play; like Mexico a place said to be guilty of far more rights violations against black people than in the United States, yet they stood while the Mexico national anthem was being played, and kneeled while the American national anthem was being played. If they knew what they were talking about, perhaps they would have kneeled for the Mexican anthem considering the treatment of black people in that country

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody has to be harmed in order for them to disagree with the point he was making.
Then they should disagree with the point rather than the method of expression. I, for one, saw far more of the latter than the former.

If they knew what they were talking about, perhaps they would have kneeled for the Mexican anthem considering the treatment of black people in that country
Knowing what you're talking about does not mean omniscience. They were protesting the mistreatment of the Black community in the United States. That was a topic that they were informed on. Why should a bunch of Americans who have never lived in Mexico be expected to know about the situation of the Black community there?

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then they should disagree with the point rather than the method of expression. I, for one, saw far more of the latter than the former.
I saw an equal amount of both
Knowing what you're talking about does not mean omniscience. They were protesting the mistreatment of the Black community in the United States. That was a topic that they were informed on. Why should a bunch of Americans who have never lived in Mexico be expected to know about the situation of the Black community there?
Because ignorance or not, when you give respect to the country that does more harm, and disrespect to the country that does less harm, it makes you look bad and gives your enemies more ammunition to use against you.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married