• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Melony Martin

Feb 16, 2017
USA
✟16,035.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I have been bleeding for six going on seven months now. I've been through a million blood tests and diagnostics. My primary care started prescribing things for PCOS, but that made it worse. They wouldn't listen to me, so I requested a referral to see an OBGYN. I can't get in until March. I'm starting to feel like the bleeding woman from the Bible. Now, I can't tell if my mood swings are from hormones or other conditions and neither can my psych.

Melony Martin

Feb 16, 2017
USA
✟16,035.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Have you had your hormones tested? Excessive bleeding is supposedly a lack of Progesterone.
Yep, it was part of the blood test. They're not good. That's why they put me on pcos meds, but like I said, that made it worse. I'm pretty good humored about it though. I can live with not being able to have children, if that is my "fate." It's just gross. I've been informed that the longer I bleed the more off my hormones will get. I have psych issues, and they can't, ethically, change or adjust them until my hormone get situated. It's hard to say what's psych issues and what's hormones. I just want it situated.

Upvote 0

Melony Martin

Feb 16, 2017
USA
✟16,035.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
And they haven't suggested birth control pills to stop the bleeding?
Yes, I have been on birth control. I couldn't leave the house on it, and I had to drop my on campus classes. I bled through my sanitary products and pants with 45 mins. I consider myself very lucky in that I happened to sign up for mostly online classes this semester. I ended up stopping the meds/birth control they were giving me until I could see an OBGYN. At least, I can leave the house now.

Upvote 0