• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bipolar, OCD and blasphemous thoughts

VZ2011

Apr 22, 2011
✟15,176.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Father, i pray for this child of yours, Michael, in Jesus name, I pray you give the revelation of the love and the sound mind that Jesus provides, and the wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit if we but ask. I pray a willingness for Michael to receive wisdom from you for this situation, to forgive all who have hurt or wronged him, I pray a willingness to come before you humbly in prayer and spending time in your word to receive the blessings, the help and encouragement you said you would give to those who seek you diligently and with all their heart. I come against the schemes of the devil, i come against all false doctrines, i come against all evil, wicked spirits of deception, confusion and fear, and I also come against spiritual and physical nutritional deficiency ignorance. Please open Michael's eyes and ears, and give him the desire to want the good and hate the evil and want the things which will help him and disdain the things which will harm or hinder him in the forms of food, drugs, thoughts, deeds, and imaginations. I come against all wicked spirits in high places that have come against this child of yours, I come against all confusion, all fear, i come against any spiritual apathy, hopelessness, lack of faith, I speak healing and health to Michael in spirit, mind, and body, in Jesus name, because of what Jesus has done for us with his suffering and dying and being raised from the dead. By his stripes we WERE healed. It's already finished. I pray Michael receives that revelation today and enters into the fullness of wellness and spiritual healing you have for him or her. In Jesus name, I thank and praise You Lord, for you are good and You yourself have said, "IT IS FINISHED" you overcame the devil and made us more than conquerors, and I pray Michael receives the revelation of that, receives courage from you, receives the spirit of adoption from you to cry Abba to you, and receives help from Your precious Holy Spirit and good angels from above. Thank you Lord. You are good and you keep your promises. Reveal yourself as the bread of life to Michael who desires you and all your fullness, and increase his appetite for You and all your peace, truth and love, for he who you set free is free indeed, set Michael free now and forevermore.

Upvote 0

asmapandor

Jul 5, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
i am not christian however i suffer from unwanted thoughts about my religion they cause a lot of anxiety and depression.The episodes come and go and have been for the last 20 odd years.I was told it was the devils way of causing mischief in the minds of firm believers almost like troubling us on purpose because we had firm faith in god [and best to ignore them]. However i cant help feeling guilty and anticipate the worst

Upvote 0

boldlion

Feb 19, 2010
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"It may surprise you that nowhere in the bible we are told to resist temptation, we are told to resist the devil, but that is very different."

That's false advice. If you aren't resisting temptation, then you are giving into it ! Jesus resisted the temptation of the devil. When you are resisting the devil, you are resisting his temptation.

Upvote 0

asmapandor

Jul 5, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Temptations do not cause distress every one is tempted to do something i may be tempted to have a bar of chocolate this temptation is not sinful on the other hand i may be tempted to commit adultery which is sinful.The first temptation came from within me the latter came from the devil both promising some form of joy. Of course i have to resist the latter [ignore it and not act upon it] if i want to please God, act according to his command save myself from eternal damnation and so on. Now once i decide to do this do you think the devil is going to sit around twiddling his thumb no of course not he is going to come at me with something else hence the unwanted distressful blasphemous thoughts which i have to ignore, if i paid attention to them then does it not mean i am listening to the devil

Upvote 0