• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bipolar Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipolarbear

Legend
Jun 7, 2007
✟20,419.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh hum, I also have bipolar depression (with anxiety disorder and slight OCD tendamcys...) I had to first find the right meds that worked fo rme. I realized that all the things I use to do to cope, went away, they didn't work with teh meds. I have spent the last year relearning how to cope with things, issues, daily life, my past...ect... I highly recoment seing a therapist, they are very helpful... I could not get out of my 6 month bad depression on my own. It took my pdoc finally agressively medicating me in a short period of time to pull me out... then you ahve to make sure that you are not too hard on yourself! Like yesterday I could do this task, and why can't I today, for example... I recomend journaling, and charting your moods. Just a sacale of 1-4 is fin, that way you don't use three as a crutch. 1 is a bad day, 2 is an ok day, 3 is a good day all things considered.4, is a good normal, feels smoooth day... I just write the number down in my planner, then I chart it later, adn I have been surprised at how much better I actually am doing compaired to how I thought I was doing... I hope some of this helps... :)

Upvote 0
A

Alaskamomma

When I am in a depressed mood I am doing good just to keep breathing. I cry. A lot. Some times I would just cry for hours and hours.

Find a friend. Someone you can talk to... maybe a therapist. Find a group so you can share your feelings with others that are going through the same thing as you. Listen to uplifting music, if you can.

Get outside. Play in the dirt. Climb a tree. Plant some flowers. Ride a horse. Do some thing that will connect you.

Upvote 0

lvbeads

ex-member after the change to foru.ms
Aug 6, 2007
✟8,010.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I so agree with bipolarbear - the only thing that helped me was medication. Keep at it with your doc until you get the right combination of meds - I always say, you are the customer. You must find the meds that work that don't cause a lot of side effects in you, otherwise you won't take them. There's a combo out there just for you that will make you feel good - you just have to find it.
God bless...

Upvote 0

TailTactics

Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind
Aug 5, 2007
United States
✟9,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Thx for all your responses they are very helpful. I don't keep track of my mood like I should but I do attend groups and spend time with God. That connection really helps me feel alive and it helps deaden my depression. I found the right amount of meds to cope and think clearly, or more clearly at least. I also do get out when I could and maybe a job will help me stay connected to the outside world more. Thatnx for all your suggestions they are very helpful. ^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.