• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Bipolar Depression

Discussion in 'Bipolar Disorder' started by TailTactics, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TailTactics

TailTactics Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind

+26
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    I was diagnosed with this not too long ago and I wanted to know what you all do when it hits you.. the depression. What do you do to cope with this form of depression ?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. bipolarbear

bipolarbear Legend

+384
    Christian
    Married
    Oh hum, I also have bipolar depression (with anxiety disorder and slight OCD tendamcys...) I had to first find the right meds that worked fo rme. I realized that all the things I use to do to cope, went away, they didn't work with teh meds. I have spent the last year relearning how to cope with things, issues, daily life, my past...ect... I highly recoment seing a therapist, they are very helpful... I could not get out of my 6 month bad depression on my own. It took my pdoc finally agressively medicating me in a short period of time to pull me out... then you ahve to make sure that you are not too hard on yourself! Like yesterday I could do this task, and why can't I today, for example... I recomend journaling, and charting your moods. Just a sacale of 1-4 is fin, that way you don't use three as a crutch. 1 is a bad day, 2 is an ok day, 3 is a good day all things considered.4, is a good normal, feels smoooth day... I just write the number down in my planner, then I chart it later, adn I have been surprised at how much better I actually am doing compaired to how I thought I was doing... I hope some of this helps... :)

3. Alaskamomma

Alaskamomma Guest

+0
    When I am in a depressed mood I am doing good just to keep breathing. I cry. A lot. Some times I would just cry for hours and hours.

Find a friend. Someone you can talk to... maybe a therapist. Find a group so you can share your feelings with others that are going through the same thing as you. Listen to uplifting music, if you can.

Get outside. Play in the dirt. Climb a tree. Plant some flowers. Ride a horse. Do some thing that will connect you.

4. lvbeads

lvbeads ex-member after the change to foru.ms

+8
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I so agree with bipolarbear - the only thing that helped me was medication. Keep at it with your doc until you get the right combination of meds - I always say, you are the customer. You must find the meds that work that don't cause a lot of side effects in you, otherwise you won't take them. There's a combo out there just for you that will make you feel good - you just have to find it.
    God bless...

5. searchingforpeace

searchingforpeace Member

+37
    Christian
    Private
    Meds can be very helpful, a supportive and understanding doc/therapist. I know when depression hits me, I isolate and pull myself away from everything and everyone which only ends up making things worse. Staying connected any way you can is really good.

6. TailTactics

TailTactics Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind

+26
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Thx for all your responses they are very helpful. I don't keep track of my mood like I should but I do attend groups and spend time with God. That connection really helps me feel alive and it helps deaden my depression. I found the right amount of meds to cope and think clearly, or more clearly at least. I also do get out when I could and maybe a job will help me stay connected to the outside world more. Thatnx for all your suggestions they are very helpful. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.