Bill Wiese twenty three minutes in hell?

Do you believe that Bill Wiese is a credible witness of hell?

• No

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Maybe..... .but if so this is scary!

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that Bill Wiese described what he experienced to the very best of his ability?

Back in 1988 I would have thought that he was making this up because back then I was a firm believer in the Soul Sleep theory.

Since beginning to study near death experience accounts in 1990 I have changed my mind and I no longer believe in Soul Sleep.

Bill Wiese does an exceptional job of going through all the scriptures related to the subject of hell.

23 Minutes in Hell With Guest Speaker Bill Wiese

From my own experience with lucid dreams, what he exposed himself to and confronted is the spirit realm. It's what some modern day scientists, new age preachers and shamans are documented as capable of doing too.

Here's some credible information coming from a more biblically grounded framework by a credited Christian scholar as he interviews a former new age advocate now turned Christian:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe that Bill Wiese described what he experienced to the very best of his ability?

Back in 1988 I would have thought that he was making this up because back then I was a firm believer in the Soul Sleep theory.

Since beginning to study near death experience accounts in 1990 I have changed my mind and I no longer believe in Soul Sleep.

Bill Wiese does an exceptional job of going through all the scriptures related to the subject of hell.

When I was a young boy with a fever of 108 degrees I had a nightmare that reminds me of this mans story.
Mine was just a simple nightmare.
Although one that I will never forget.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was a young boy with a fever of 108 degrees I had a nightmare that reminds me of this mans story.
Mine was just a simple nightmare.
Although one that I will never forget.
M-Bob
My step-daughter accused me of french kissing her forcibly in her bedroom.
My wife questioning when it happened learned it was when she was in bed with a high fever.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have very vivid dreams after Pizza.

Sometimes very enjoyable if we have the right ones with us in the dreams.

Otherwise wake up a get a Tums.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My step-daughter accused me of french kissing her forcibly in her bedroom.
My wife questioning when it happened learned it was when she was in bed with a high fever.
A fever can do that.
That must have been a relief but, I'm sure glad that you were not in my dream.
M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From my own experience with lucid dreams, what he exposed himself to and confronted is the spirit realm. It's what some modern day scientists, new age preachers and shamans are documented as capable of doing too.

Here's some credible information coming from a more biblically grounded framework by a credited Christian scholar as he interviews a former new age advocate now turned Christian:

This is very informative but......
what do you think about the research done by Maurice Rawlings M. D. on some of his cardiac patients who reported remembering nothing during the time that they flatlined.

Dr. Maurice Rawlings - To Hell and Back Documentary MUST WATCH!!!

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

A back injury that affected my spinal cord was one of the worse experiences I can remember. The pain was severe. I kept my body as motionless as possible a few days. A trip to the bathroom was severe pain. Eventually the pain passed.

If this guy’s hell only lasted 23 minutes, he had it better than a person with a spinal cord injury.

To be cut off from God, to lose chance of reward, to be alone without a savior, that is a terrible punishment for a sinner. The use of torture is a thing from evil people, not God. Jesus taught non-violence,

• Useful
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That is one possibility..... but there is at least one other one ........ as I suggested in another discussion Ezekiel 37
may well not be confined to being a one time event and Bill Wiese may have seen himself.... from another time line that already occurred??????

I don't know if that is correct or not... that is above my Security Clearnance Level... but I was taught something close to this since I was a teenager by the Worldwide Church of God and it was one of their ideas that I found to be truly inspiring.

Multiverse Theory, multiple Ezekiel 37 events and the unification of Calvinism with Universalism?
Maybe you have been watching too many episodes of Star Trek!! :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If they can describe Heaven and they're making money off of it, then avoid it.

It is your choice to write off the testimony of of Bill Wiese but I think that we Christians are terribly divided even on the testimony of little Colton Burpo and his dad Pastor Todd Burpo but in my opinion....... when you either pass on from this world or perhaps come back after a brush with death......... I am convinced that you will regret not taking these testimonies more seriously.

It is surprising how many Christians are divided over whether or not even little Colton Burpo was a credible witness of heaven or not?????

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    13 vote(s)
    41.9%

2. No
    16 vote(s)
    51.6%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Change Your Vote

"Heaven Is For Real" Interview with Todd and Colton Burpo

In your defence in this interview Pastor Todd Burpo admitted that he didn't like near death experience accounts himself either until he was forced by the testimony of his son to rethink this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Maybe you have been watching too many episodes of Star Trek!! :)

I have to admit that the Q character does kind of remind me of what I read about String Theory and invisible dimensions of space - time.

"It was not until 1920 that the idea of linking electromagnetism and
gravity resurfaced. At that time a new theory of gravitation had been proposed by Albert Einstein (1879-1955), called the general theory of relativity. It was a replacement of Newton's theory, which had stood unchallenged since 1687. Inspired by Einstein's work, a young German mathematician named Theodore Kaluza was seized by a curious idea. The theory of relativity links space an time together to form a four-dimensional space-time continuum. What would happen, mused Kaluza, if general relativity were formulated in five rather than four dimensions? This is what Kaluza did, and to everyone's astonishment it was discovered that five-dimensional gravity obeys the same laws as
four-dimensional gravity as well as Maxwell's laws for the electromagnetic field. In other words, gravitation and electromagnetism are automatically unified in five dimensions, where electromagnetism is merely a component of gravity!"

The only drawback of the theory concerns the extra dimension. Why
don't we see it?
An ingenious answer was provided by Oskar Klein. A
hosepipe viewed from afar looks like a wiggly line, i.e. one- dimensional.
However, on closer inspection it can be seen as a narrow tube. It is, in fact,
two-dimensional, and what was taken to be a point on the line is actually a
little circle going around the tube. In the same way, reasoned Klein, what we normally regard as a point in three dimensional space could in reality be a little circle going around a fourth space dimension. Thus Kaluza's extra
dimension might well exist, but be impossible to detect because it is closed
(circular) and rolled up to a very small circumference. In spite of
these bizarre overtones, it seems probable that in future a "theory of everything" will make use of the idea of unseen higher dimensions."

"Although nature manifests four distinct forces, physicists believe that
each may be part of a smaller number of more primitive forces. At high energy, the electromagnetic and weak forces appear to merge into a single "electroweak" force. Some "grand unified theories" suggest that a further amalgamation takes place between the electroweak and strong forces at as yet unattained energies. The most ambitious unification schemes envisage an amalgamation of all four forces into a single "superforce" at ultra-high levels of energy."...

"The real burden in the next three centuries will not be the development of fancy mathematics, but the experimental testing of these ambitious theories. All current thinking about total unification assumes that the effects of linking all the forces and particles together will only become manifest at energies that are some trillion times greater than those currently attainable in particle accelerators. Probably we shall never reach such energies directly" ( A Theory of Everything" Volume 21 of "The World of Science)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A back injury that affected my spinal cord was one of the worse experiences I can remember. The pain was severe. I kept my body as motionless as possible a few days. A trip to the bathroom was severe pain. Eventually the pain passed.

If this guy’s hell only lasted 23 minutes, he had it better than a person with a spinal cord injury.

To be cut off from God, to lose chance of reward, to be alone without a savior, that is a terrible punishment for a sinner. The use of torture is a thing from evil people, not God. Jesus taught non-violence,

But....... what Bill Wiese was shown sure does remind us of the powerful testimony of former Skeptic Howard Storm..... although obviously Howard was in another level of the afterlife than Bill was in.

Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Table of Contents

1. An Invitation to Hell from Strange Beings
2. A Rescue from Hell by Jesus Christ
3. The Life Review of Howard Storm
4. The Future of the U.S. and the World
5. Howard Storm Learns What Happens After Death
6. Howard Storm Learns He Must Return to Earth

Howard Storm speaks about his life before and after his Near-Death Experience, November 22, 2015

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So was he resurrected? If so by whom?

This is an excellent question...........

One possible understanding of the Bill Wiese case is that he went through an Ezekiel 37 resurrection???????

This is only a speculation.... but one that could assist us to reach many of the lost????

I have a topic like this going on over in the Physical and Life Sciences forum where you can meet many ATheists and Agnostics.

Multiverse Theory, multiple Ezekiel 37 events and the unification of Calvinism with Universalism?

Here is one of the ones in the Physical and Life Sciences forum:

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

I got booted off several of Dr. Richard Dawkins forums for really annoying the Admins with these ideas.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Eternal means that the direction is not reversible.

Actually the word translated "forever" in both Hebrew as well as Greek apparently means something more along the line of......"until the end of conditions last."

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But....... what Bill Wiese was shown sure does remind us of the powerful testimony of former Skeptic Howard Storm..... although obviously Howard was in another level of the afterlife than Bill was in.

Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Table of Contents

1. An Invitation to Hell from Strange Beings
2. A Rescue from Hell by Jesus Christ
3. The Life Review of Howard Storm
4. The Future of the U.S. and the World
5. Howard Storm Learns What Happens After Death
6. Howard Storm Learns He Must Return to Earth

Howard Storm speaks about his life before and after his Near-Death Experience, November 22, 2015
Bill W. had a near death experience and was given another chance to live. He had fear as he thought he was going to miss the train to medical school and worse fear when he thought he had died. He outlived this bad experience.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dennis

Might I suggest that you should have stayed with the Holy Bible for study material as it appears you have discounted a biblical truth.

I did that while I was with the Worldwide Church of God but I can no longer limit myself to a sola scriptura understanding because it is so easy to misunderstand the Bible itself if we don't consider relevant testimonies that can help us to understand the scriptures better.

An apology from a former member of the Worldwide Church of God

For example.. near death experiencer Dean Braxton recounts seeing grass that was intelligent and had emotion and praised God. This helps us to understand certain verses in Isaiah.

Isaiah 14

8 Yea, the fir-trees rejoice at thee, [and] the cedars of Lebanon, [saying], Since thou art laid low, no hewer is come up against us.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is your choice to write off the testimony of of Bill Wiese but I think that we Christians are terribly divided even on the testimony of little Colton Burpo and his dad Pastor Todd Burpo but in my opinion....... when you either pass on from this world or perhaps come back after a brush with death......... I am convinced that you will regret not taking these testimonies more seriously.

It is surprising how many Christians are divided over whether or not even little Colton Burpo was a credible witness of heaven or not?????

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    13 vote(s)
    41.9%

2. No
    16 vote(s)
    51.6%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Change Your Vote

"Heaven Is For Real" Interview with Todd and Colton Burpo

In your defence in this interview Pastor Todd Burpo admitted that he didn't like near death experience accounts himself either until he was forced by the testimony of his son to rethink this topic.
There would be no doubt that he had the experience, but whether he had actually gone to heaven is open to question, because once a person goes there, he never comes back. But if the experience turned him to Christ and strengthen his faith in the Christ of the Bible, then that has to be positive. We cannot explain how or why it happened that way, but the outcome is certainly positive and has made him a more powerful preacher of the gospel.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Good quotation..........
my answer at this time is that Daniel 12
has hidden meaning that could only be undersood in the latter days when medical science would get to the place where doctors can assist Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to bring somebody back even from actual death............ and flatlining may be actual death.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

This running to and fro...... even includes going off into fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth dimensional space - time as Dr. George Ritchie did...... and then come back....... and through these meetings with people and reviewing their lives with them Messiah Yeshua - Jesus can fulfill this promise at a whole new level.

Jhn 16:25
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father."

This is one of the reasons why five hundred years previous to the Latter Days... .the plan of God for all of us could not be considered perfectly.......... but now things are more clear and understandable than ever before.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Paul had an experience of Heaven (assuming he was talking about himself) and came back. So I would say it is definitely possible that people can experience Heaven and Hell.

Upvote 0