Bill Nye boo-d for saying moon reflects sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In the real world, yes. However, the religous folk here contend the moon is indeed a source of light, independent of the sun.

Well gee, he's called Bill Nye the Science Guy, not Bill Nye-the-make-crap-up-on-the-basis-of -his-personal-interpretations-of-a-bronze-age-religious-text-guy.

What did they expect? They are literalists after all, they should have spotted the obvious issue here.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well gee, he's called Bill Nye the Science Guy, not Bill Nye-the-make-crap-up-on-the-basis-of -his-personal-interpretations-of-a-bronze-age-religious-text-guy.

What did they expect? They are literalists after all, they should have spotted the obvious issue here.
Not sure why Waco and fundamentalism go hand in hand, but it does. Must be in the water.

I found this amusing:

"The lesser light, he pointed out, is not a light at all, but only a reflector.

At this point, several people in the audience stormed out in fury. One woman yelled “We believe in God!” and left with three children, thus ensuring that people across America would read about the incident and conclude that Waco is as nutty as they’d always suspected."

Upvote 0
K

knowledgeIsPower

In the real world, yes. However, the religous folk here contend the moon is indeed a source of light, independent of the sun.
No AV is very sneaky with this. He hasn't yet said that. He has specifically done everything he can not to address this point. He dances around using re-emitting of light and other terms to try (unconvincingly I might add) to avoid addressing this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No AV is very sneaky with this. He hasn't yet said that. He has specifically done everything he can not to address this point. He dances around using re-emitting of light and other terms to try (unconvincingly I might add) to avoid addressing this.
Guess again, newbie: 40

Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, grasping at straws, as they say. I've noticed that his thinly veiled attempts to be clever with the use of semantics tend to ring hollow and falls painfully short. GIGO.

I've always considered it a personal victory on dicussion boards when they resort to quoting scripture. When that's all they got... well, that's all they got I guess.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah yes, the "you can't prove it DOESN'T exist" argument - aka the "God's best shot" argument.
:eek: -- Ain't that a shame? looks like science has its limitations.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
:eek: -- Ain't that a shame? looks like science has its limitations.

Science? Ahahahhahahah!

The "you can't prove it doesn't exist" argument is theism's best shot, kiddo - and that's why it's such a joke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When that's all they got... well, that's all they got I guess.
That's all we need -- ever heard of our 'spiritual armor' ?

Hint: It's in that book you called a 'forgery' -- ;)

Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's all we need -- ever heard of our 'spiritual armor' ?

Hint: It's in that book you called a 'forgery' -- ;)
Ephesians 6:10 Yep, used to have it memorized. Again, hollow words, and I consider it a victory.

Give me a .... V

BTW, I'm not a biblical scholar, so I don't call it a forgery. Biblical scholars have very good reason for calling it a forgery. But of course you're aware of this already. Right? Right?

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By his understanding of theory of evolution his hearth could evolve a mouth, what do you know... during his lifetime, of course.
When somatic cells entertain an error, the predominant result is the emergence of uncontrolled growth (which is highly detrimental).. Though the subject might be confined to a bed thus being naturally selected in the midst of car accidents, the heart-to-mouth transition is unsubstantiated nor does the change imply such. In addition to that, there are also controlled adaptive processes within the body such as the switch from anaerobic to aerobic respiration, but this is also limited.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science? Ahahahhahahah!

The "you can't prove it doesn't exist" argument is theism's best shot, kiddo - and that's why it's such a joke.
Actually you are asked to show how purely naturalistic unintelligent processes give rise to man.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.