Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We need sarcasm ⚠️ warnings :warning:

Because I thought you were serious... Lol
Oh my. I didn't think I played it THAT straight playing the straight man. Biden has serious issues and somehow he is seen by a whole lot of people as fit to be president. The Democrats are being crazy in this regard. OK, maybe come convention time they get real and substitute in someone else who is marginally fit to be president. But at present it seems very much like Joe is their guy and they are happy with him. The poor man should be allowed to live out his dotage in peace.

But gerontocracy isn't just a Democratic Party problem. The other guy is losing it too, a bit less obviously, and should not be the pick for that party either. Sanity in the two big parties has taken a long vacation. Or maybe it has just migrated away from them. It's Tweedle Dee vs Tweedle Dum and neither candidate should be a pick to run for president. Mixing my metaphors, the emperor has no clothes in either party.

Happily we can vote outside of these two less than sane parties. It's just that these two parties have captivated the souls of most voters. So we will get one of two wrong options. Oh well. America can't last forever.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Every important person has other folks managing their schedules and their communications. My wife is an executive assistant and a not-insignificant part of her job is managing the schedule of the VP supports and working with other EA’s to coordinate schedules with their VP’s. If they’re the ones determining when meetings happen, are they “calling the shots”? No, of course not.
I gave a presentation to a Congresswoman, and she was interrupted by a staffer a few times who said she would be late for her next engagement. She just waved the staffer off each time. When you're president there is NO individual who should be ordering you around.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Happily we can vote outside of these two less than sane parties. It's just that these two parties have captivated the souls of most voters. So we will get one of two wrong options. Oh well. America can't last forever.

Lol... I think I see everyone as more serious because most really are serious about it.

I would have liked to see someone younger take the Republican party this go .. but I also feel there's too much at stake to vote for anyone else.

If this was the 90's sure, stand on principle, but now there's just way too much at stake. I know overall it sounds drastic or dramatic to say that but this issue piled on that issue piled on this other issue just plain adds up to a dangerous situation if we can't manage to resolve them.

While I don't think Trump can resolve the issues, he can stop the insanity from going further until we can figure out the best resolutions for everyone.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While I don't think Trump can resolve the issues, he can stop the insanity from going further until we can figure out the best resolutions for everyone.
Is that what happened the first time he was president?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The USA Constitution has 3 equal branches of Federal power.
The president is the head of the executive branch. The POTUS is not merely the head of state, in a figurehead type way. It has always been established for more than 225 plus years that the POTUS is the Commander in Chief, he has the most authority of any single person in the Federal government. Thankfully, the American founding fathers wrote and established a constitutional government with 3 co-equal branches of authority and responsibility.
Can't Congress boot the president right out of office?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Lol... I think I see everyone as more serious because most really are serious about it.
I'm actually dead serious that neither of them is fit to lead.
I would have liked to see someone younger take the Republican party this go .. but I also feel there's too much at stake to vote for anyone else.
We had options. But that was a few months ago.
If this was the 90's sure, stand on principle, but now there's just way too much at stake. I know overall it sounds drastic or dramatic to say that but this issue piled on that issue piled on this other issue just plain adds up to a dangerous situation if we can't manage to resolve them.
The problem is the other guys are so in love with their guy that if we don't vote for our unfit guy then their unfit guy wins. They see the problem EXACTLY flipped from that. If they don't vote for their unfit guy then our guy wins. The only rational thing to do is not to vote for either of them. This was the position of Dietrich Hildebrand in Germany just before WWII. The Nazi Party and the Communist Party both claimed that 'bad things would happen' if the other party won. So the electorate deserted the middle parties and vote the extremes and one of them naturally won, and bad things happened. The only rational thing was to vote for neither of those parties. But rationality went out the window. Elections have consequences. We get the government we deserve.
The insanity will only grow. We can't talk about deranged thingies on CF but you ain't seen nothing yet. And for sure they will try to impeach him three or four times. Just wait.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The problem is the other guys are so in love with their guy that if we don't vote for our unfit guy then their unfit guy wins. They see the problem EXACTLY flipped from that. If they don't vote for their unfit guy then our guy wins. The only rational thing to do is not to vote for either of them. This was the position of Dietrich Hildebrand in Germany just before WWII. The Nazi Party and the Communist Party both claimed that 'bad things would happen' if the other party won. So the electorate deserted the middle parties and vote the extremes and one of them naturally won, and bad things happened. The only rational thing was to vote for neither of those parties. But rationality went out the window. Elections have consequences. We get the government we deserve.

The insanity will only grow. We can't talk about deranged thingies on CF but you ain't seen nothing yet. And for sure they will try to impeach him three or four times. Just wait.
Yes I’m afraid it will be a fiasco with more lawsuits and frivolous charges.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
.The insanity will only grow. We can't talk about deranged thingies on CF but you ain't seen nothing yet. And for sure they will try to impeach him three or four times. Just wait.
Unless Trump picks Marjorie Taylor Green or someone just as nuts as her as a running mate. That might be his best insurance against impeachment.

-- A2SG, shuddering just thinking about it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Okay - is it wrong to want to discuss this? Because I do... I really do.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Okay - is it wrong to want to discuss this? Because I do... I really do.
One has to be very careful around vocabulary using anything near 'deranged' connected to one candidate's name but perhaps it is possible to discuss without being censored and earning any points of the bad sort.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums