✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eisenhower did this in Arkansas.

The real question is why Biden hasn't done so. Election year is one answer, but is there a fear Texas national guard units would refuse?

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The real question is why Biden hasn't done so. Election year is one answer, but is there a fear Texas national guard units would refuse?

Why would the Texas governor give up control of the state'sNational Guard to the Feds? Clearly, this statement is nothing more than poitical postering.

Correction, I see it was Texax Rep. Castro calling for this:

On Tuesday, Rep. Castro shared an X post from Abbott vowing not to "back down" over the border, to which he added: "Governor Greg Abbott is using the Texas National Guard to obstruct and create chaos at the border.

"If Abbott is defying yesterday's Supreme Court ruling, President Biden needs to establish sole federal control of the Texas National Guard now."

They are both wrong. The military is not the appropriate resource to use for border protection. Now if Mexico had amored divisions on the boarder ready to take Texas back, then yea, call in the military. Otherwise, Congress needs to authorize more funds for more border patrol agents.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would the Texas governor give up control of the state'sNational Guard to the Feds?
It's not up to the governors. Look into JFK's federalizing of the Alabama National Guard in 1963 in opposition to George Wallace's plan to block integration of the University of Alabama (Important note: I may be getting Eisenhower's deployment of the 101st Airborne in Little Rock confused with Kennedy's federalizing of the Alabama National Guard).

Reactions: MForbes
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not up to the governors. Look into JFK's federalizing of the Alabama National Guard in 1963 in opposition to George Wallace's plan to block integration of the University of Alabama (Important note: I may be getting Eisenhower's deployment of the 101st Airborne in Little Rock confused with Kennedy's federalizing of the Alabama National Guard).

I agree the Governor does not have the power to federalize the National Guard.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Eisenhower did both. He also federalized the Arkansas National Guard.

But more to the point, I'm not seeing any way Biden would be able to do it. Once he federalizes them they are treated the same as Active Duty, which means Posse Comitatus applies.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But more to the point, I'm not seeing any way Biden would be able to do it. Once he federalizes them they are treated the same as Active Duty, which means Posse Comitatus applies.
The idea is to prevent their use by the governor rather than serve as any sort of law enforcement.

• Informative
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree the Governor does not have the power to federalize the National Guard.
The point is a governor doesn't have the power to block it because a governor doesn't have to give a president permission to federalize national guard.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Is this yet another step towards the FEMA execution camps of the Jade Helms?

• Haha
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I do hope Biden slaps Texas in the face here for attempting to take over the Federally-controlled border and defying a SCOTUS ruling.

It's insane that they keep getting such a wide berth in blatant violations of the law.

The US-Mexico Border is under the purview of the Federal Government, and Texas can't stop them from accessing it- SCOTUS was clear about that.

Texas needs to get over themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this yet another step towards the FEMA execution camps of the Jade Helms?
LOL......and the prisoners were getting transported to those camps in these rail cars:

1706211948625.png

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do hope Biden slaps Texas in the face here for attempting to take over the Federally-controlled border and defying a SCOTUS ruling.

It's insane that they keep getting such a wide berth in blatant violations of the law.

The US-Mexico Border is under the purview of the Federal Government, and Texas can't stop them from accessing it- SCOTUS was clear about that.

Texas needs to get over themselves.
Do you live there or have property adjacent to the border. If not you might want to check yourself. Be cause the bottom line is for you and I, it ain’t any of our business what Texas does in respect to that border because we are not feeling the immediate affects from the surge they are.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you live there or have property adjacent to the border. If not you might want to check yourself. Be cause the bottom line is for you and I, it ain’t any of our business what Texas does in respect to that border because we are not feeling the immediate affects from the surge they are.
And it's not Texas business' to prevent the Federal Government from accessing the border. SCOTUS was clear on that. It is my business that the State of Texas is deciding that the Federal Government that represents me as well cannot access the land that they are supposed to be able to access.

Texans don't like it? Then they can move elsewhere. Emigrate to a different country. Otherwise, they must accept the fact that the US-Mexico border falls under the purview of the Federal Government.

Texas was one of the states that tried to stop another state from having their election votes be counted (Texas v. Pennsylvania), under the guide that it "diminished Texan voters", so I really don't want to hear Texas complain about overstepping when they can't even keep their hands out of other state's affairs.

Conservatives didn't object to the Federal Government stopping states from messing with the border under Trump, so that's another hypocritical point.

Last edited:
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And it's not Texas business to prevent the Federal Government from accessing the border. SCOTUS was clear on that. It is my business that the State of Texas is deciding that the Federal Government that represents me as well cannot access the land that they are supposed to be able to access.

Don't like it? Move elsewhere. Otherwise, you must accept the fact that the US-Mexico border falls under the purview of the Federal Government.
Then they need to do their job and secure it. But alas it seems common sense isn’t so common on the bench and in this administration.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The idea is to prevent their use by the governor rather than serve as any sort of law enforcement.
Yes, but glancing at title 10, it doesn't appear he has the authority to activate the Guard unless there is a specific mission for them to do that regular forces cannot complete.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Then they need to do their job and secure it. But alas it seems common sense isn’t so common on the bench and in this administration.
And Texas needs to do what they are legally required to do and let Border Control access the border.

That's the facts.

Texas has no power or say here, and I hope that Abbot gets smacked down with the full weight of the law for disobeying a SCOTUS order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but glancing at title 10, it doesn't appear he has the authority to activate the Guard unless there is a specific mission for them to do that regular forces cannot complete.
The mission seems like it would be "to make for passage of Federal Border Patrol agent to access the Border to perform actions that SCOTUS says they have the ability to do".

Basically act as chaperones to ensure law-defying Texas troopers can't intervene.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The mission seems like it would be "to make for passage of Federal Border Patrol agent to access the Border to perform actions that SCOTUS says they have the ability to do".

Basically act as chaperones to ensure law-defying Texas troopers can't intervene.
Which would be a police function that would run afoul of Posse Comitatus. Not to even mention the field day the courts will have when Texas claims that this will interfere with the constitutional right to have a militia.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Which would be a police function that would run afoul of Posse Comitatus. Not to even mention the field day the courts will have when Texas claims that this will interfere with the constitutional right to have a militia.
I guess I don't understand why this would be a problem, but Eisenhower and EO 10730 federalizing and mobilizing the guard to protect school integration wasn't a problem. The Enforcement Acts was what allowed for that I guess?

At the very least, take the National Guard out of Texas' hands if their misusing them to illegally prevent the Border Control from accessing the Border.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't stop Kennedy.

Upvote 0