Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel has been our staunch ally going back to the Cold War. Can Biden explain why the enemy of our ally is being given aid and comfort.
The Biden administration is quietly ramping up assistance to the Palestinians after former President Donald Trump cut off nearly all such aid.
Since taking office with a pledge to reverse many of Trump's Israeli-Palestinian decisions, the administration has allocated nearly $100 million for the Palestinians, only a small portion of which has been publicized.
The administration announced last Thursday that it was giving $15 million to vulnerable Palestinian communities in the West Bank and Gaza to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic. A day later, with no public announcement, it notified Congress that it will give the Palestinians $75 million for economic support, to be used in part to regain their “trust and goodwill” after the Trump-era cuts.
Biden administration quietly ramping up aid to Palestinians

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Can Biden explain why the enemy of our ally is being given aid and comfort.

Another transparent conflation of Palestinians with terrorists. We provide humanitarian aid to those who are sick and hungry.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another transparent conflation of Palestinians with terrorists. We provide humanitarian aid to those who are sick and hungry.

Cuz....
Palestinians (all) = BAD
Israelis (all) = GOOD

btw, who is going to pay to rebuild those buildings the Israeli Air Force is destroying? 3 guesses...

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟573,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What The Conflict With Israel Looks Like To 2 Palestinians

INSKEEP: From Hamas's perspective, have they gained in any way from this exchange of fire?

SHABAN: This is a very good question. Look. They - a lot of destruction happened into Gaza. This is not the first time. Hamas expects some money to come from certain country to reconstruct this Gaza

.....:rolleyes:

...So Hamas does "gain" from this, even after all the deaths in Shaban's words, by monetary donations and new infrastructure... And that's why Hamas doesn't actually mind if Israel retaliates and kills children -- because it actually pays off in the end, most likely by Iran.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟573,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I agree with this while simultaneously despising Hamas.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I well understand that many Republicans oppose humanitarian aid as a matter of principle, especially when almost all is managed by the UN .

Israel has been our staunch ally going back to the Cold War. Can Biden explain why the enemy of our ally is being given aid and comfort.
The Biden administration is quietly ramping up assistance to the Palestinians after former President Donald Trump cut off nearly all such aid.
Since taking office with a pledge to reverse many of Trump's Israeli-Palestinian decisions, the administration has allocated nearly $100 million for the Palestinians, only a small portion of which has been publicized.
The administration announced last Thursday that it was giving $15 million to vulnerable Palestinian communities in the West Bank and Gaza to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic. A day later, with no public announcement, it notified Congress that it will give the Palestinians $75 million for economic support, to be used in part to regain their “trust and goodwill” after the Trump-era cuts.
Biden administration quietly ramping up aid to Palestinians

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I didn't realize we had forces on the ground in Palestine ensuring our aid is used in the manner that we designate...

Who exactly do we have over there?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I well understand that many Republicans oppose humanitarian aid as a matter of principle, especially when almost all is managed by the UN .
Do you consider this humanitarian aid? "A day later, with no public announcement, it notified Congress that it will give the Palestinians $75 million for economic support, to be used in part to regain their “trust and goodwill” after the Trump-era cuts."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟573,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think a lot of people still defend Palestine and denounce Israel out of habit, stemming from a time when the less terroristic Fatah held more weight than Hamas... Fatah was a nationalist social democratic political party, and not a full-blown radical Islamic terrorist organization like Hamas.

...Old habits are hard to break, which includes criticism of Israel.

The shift from Fatah to Hamas occured in 2006, which feels like yesterday to me.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Today's "Republican" (MAGA) Party doesn't believe in the concept of using our tax dollars to assist humans outside our border.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,151,341.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Today's "Republican" (MAGA) Party doesn't believe in the concept of using our tax dollars to assist humans outside our border.
Or inside for that matter.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I didn't realize we had forces on the ground in Palestine ensuring our aid is used in the manner that we designate...

I didn't realize Hamas is using trebuchets to lob 50 pound bags of rice on Israel.

Upvote 0