✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Another photo-op for biden:

President Joe Biden will travel to Michigan on Tuesday and walk the picket line with members of the United Auto Workers union, he announced Friday, a trip that comes after the president faced political pressure to ramp up his public support for the union members.

“Tuesday, I’ll go to Michigan to join the picket line and stand in solidarity with the men and women of UAW as they fight for a fair share of the value they helped create. It’s time for a win-win agreement that keeps American auto manufacturing thriving with well-paid UAW jobs,” Biden said in a post to X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: zippy2006

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Seriously .....He has no idea where he is at ....They probably told him it was the line to the ice cream store.

On a lighter note: I remember when my nose went on strike ....and a bunch of people came to picket.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

President Joe Biden will travel to Michigan on Tuesday and walk the picket line with members of the United Auto Workers union, he announced Friday, a trip that comes after the president faced political pressure to ramp up his public support for the union members.

“Tuesday, I’ll go to Michigan to join the picket line and stand in solidarity with the men and women of UAW as they fight for a fair share of the value they helped create. It’s time for a win-win agreement that keeps American auto manufacturing thriving with well-paid UAW jobs,” Biden said in a post to X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
And if he didn’t go?
How would have that “story” gone?

Biden Ignores Blue-collar Workers!

That’s how.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully such a magnanimous gesture on Biden's part, will make it sting less for them when he raises their taxes and inflation continues to rise.
Inflation has been on the decline....

WASHINGTON (AP) — Over the past year, inflation in the United States has tumbled from 9% all the way to 3%, softening most of the price pressures that have gripped the nation for more than two years.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Inflation has been on the decline....

WASHINGTON (AP) — Over the past year, inflation in the United States has tumbled from 9% all the way to 3%, softening most of the price pressures that have gripped the nation for more than two years.

I must be seeing it through the subjectivity of the things I buy on a regular basis continually going up in price.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I must be seeing it through the subjectivity of the things I buy on a regular basis continually going up in price.
Prices going up just means inflation is > 0%. So unless you have some sort of detailed analysis of how quickly prices are increasing, your anecdote is consistent with the article you're quoting.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There is absolutely nothing that Biden could or could not do that people here wouldn't post as evidence of something. I guess that's what happens when half the country believes in an alternate reality where you 'stole' the election by...being voted in. Ugh. Being the president must be a terrible job. Anyone who wants to do it should be institutionalized, as that's clearly evidence of madness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Inflation after rising rampantly eventually went down; I thank God for that. Democrud policies had no bearing on it and there are impacts of risen cost that will never recover. For ex. Dollar Tree stores can no longer sell items for $1.
US economy is doing better than most other major economies after the covid disruption. Biden did keep the stimulus payments going a bit too long. But those were a very bi partisan policy. All in all Biden and Trump are not that different economically. They really differ in other areas tho.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Inflation after rising rampantly eventually went down; I thank God for that. Democrud policies had no bearing on it and there are impacts of risen cost that will never recover. For ex. Dollar Tree stores can no longer sell items for $1.
Thank God that God decided to favor the policies of Biden instead of the other G7 nations and reduced inflation in the US at a faster rate.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Another escape from the basement!

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously .....He has no idea where he is at ....They probably told him it was the line to the ice cream store.

On a lighter note: I remember when my nose went on strike ....and a bunch of people came to picket.
My little grandson will love that joke.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new UAW president, Shawn Fain, ran on a promise to demand a rollback of the 2007 concessions in this summer’s contract negotiations. He wants a cap on temporary workers, pay increases of more than 40% to match the salary increases of the CEOs, a 32-hour workweek, cost of living adjustments, and an elimination of the tier system.

Fain said. “[W]e are all fed up of living in a world that values profits over people. We’re all fed up with seeing the rich get richer while the rest of us continue to just scrape by. We’re all fed up with corporate greed. And together, we’re going to fight to change it.”

...so I am curious how Trump will spin his visit (the day after Biden). His prior actions are certainly not pro-labor.

Trump recently attacked Fain, saying “The autoworkers are being sold down the river by their leadership, and their leadership should endorse Trump.” Autoworkers note that Trump and the justices he put on the Supreme Court have been anti-union, and that he packed the National Labor Relations Board, which oversees labor laws and union elections, with officials who reduced the power of workers to organize. Before he left office, Trump tried to burrow ten anti-labor activists into the Federal Service Impasses Panel, the panel in charge of resolving disputes between unions and federal agencies when they cannot resolve issues in negotiations.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And if he didn’t go?
How would have that “story” gone?

Biden Ignores Blue-collar Workers!

That’s how.
Now you're pushing conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0