Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is this a "unite by vilifying half the nation" strategy?

Biden says 'MAGA Republicans' threaten democracy as he and Dems crank up anti-Trump rhetoric ahead of midterms

from the link above we are told that President Biden "Thursday aimed to frame the state of U.S. politics as a battle between "equality and democracy" and a GOP allegedly assaulting those principles"

Now there's the unifying spirit many had supposed was here from the start of the term.

===============

How can divider-strategy at that level be called "a unifying message for the nation"?
Is it another "Let's unify in opposing those who vote against me?"

367626_7c3b89cd5c1ab762111770e56ea56d40.jpg

great optics

Just when I start to think I don't agree with any of his choices...

Last edited:

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How can divider-strategy at that level be called "a unifying message for the nation"?

Well obviously it is a unifying position because the best way to unify the country is to find ways to demonize and eventually outlaw the other party and bring the country from being a two party system to a one party system.

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Biden could have been a little less partisan, but when his point is narrowed a bit, it is a valid point. There is a wing of the GOP, not all, that are a threat to US democracy when they support the Jan. 6th insurrection and, like Lindsay Graham, predict rioting in the streets if their man is prosecuted. This is 65% of the way toward total fascism. Historians have likened this period to 1860 when the nation was on the verge of civil war, or 1940 when the US was debating whether or not to openly oppose Nazi facism. It is that serious. However, Biden should not have said it the way he did. There are maybe 30% of the GOP that are actively seeking an alternative to Trump to lead the party. Biden's speech unfortunately may have the effect of pushing some of the 30% back into the Trump camp.

Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He may be trying to divide the real Republicans from the MAGA Republicans.
Kind of like the parable about the wheat and the chaff.

How about we start with Democrats and the radical left first? The further left they go ....the more they resemble the chaff .....

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I guess I don't totally understand how it is equality vs democracy. Aren't they both good things to have in government? Those are values that people from both sides of the aisle have I believe. I think it's a call to stop undermining the democratic process.

Do a recount but don't accuse people of tampering without concrete proof of who and how. People are losing and saying the process broke down. It makes it hard for me to take them seriously. I think Republicans and Democrats should unite on letting the democratic process take place without dragging everybody through the courts when they lose.

I think he was talking about uniting against that trend/tactic.

Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
Is this a "unite by vilifying half the nation" strategy?

Biden says 'MAGA Republicans' threaten democracy as he and Dems crank up anti-Trump rhetoric ahead of midterms

from the link above we are told that President Biden "Thursday aimed to frame the state of U.S. politics as a battle between "equality and democracy" and a GOP allegedly assaulting those principles"

Now there's the unifying spirit many had supposed was here from the start of the term.

===============

How about we start with Democrats and the radical left first? The further left they go ....the more they resemble the chaff .....
That is not what he said. Calling out poor behavior is not divisive.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All he did was anger Republicans and make the extreme faction more dedicated to their cause

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't deny the Constitution like the rogue Republicans.
That's why they're protesting at the homes of Supreme Court Justices, supported rioters, caused 2 billion in property damage but it's those rogue Republicans who are dangerous

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who can't see the poor behavior without it being pointed out are an embarrassment to their party.
I agree. A lot of Democrats should be embarrassed by the President's poor and divisive behavior

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agr ee. A lot of Democrats should be embarrassed by the President's poor and divisive behavior
The behavioral bar was lowered so much form 2017-2021 that even a slight improvement seems like statesmanship.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's why they're protesting at the homes of Supreme Court Justices, supported rioters, caused 2 billion in property damage but it's those rogue Republicans who are dangerous
The protests at Kavanaugh's house were peaceful. 14,000 arrests during protests after George Floyd's cold-blooded murder was a strong response.
Why were some people who were apprehended released? It's called due process. It's called obeying the Constitution.
Each one had to be evaluated as to whether there was sufficient evidence to hold him/her. In some cases there may not have been a case.
I remember (with horror) when a would-be dictator wanted the Army to come to a site in Washington and forcibly detain and remove peaceful demonstrators---so that he could hold a Bible upside down before a crowd.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The protests at Kavanaugh's house were peaceful. 14,000 arrests during protests after George Floyd's cold-blooded murder was a strong response.
Why were some people who were apprehended released? It's called due process. It's called obeying the Constitution.
Each one had to be evaluated as to whether there was sufficient evidence to hold him/her. In some cases there may not have been a case.
I remember (with horror) when a would-be dictator wanted the Army to come to a site in Washington and forcibly detain and remove peaceful demonstrators---so that he could hold a Bible upside down before a crowd.
You are rewriting history

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't always watch this guy Mark Dice but he had a great video "Joe Biden Jumps the Shark with Most Bizarre Prime Time Address Ever". Shows clips of what the left have said over the years. AZ.. listening to her in that same video.. yeah man what happen to free speech. 2016 election really got questioned but haha 2020...well we all know what they still call those on the right. Trump gets made fun of this very day by Hillary for being illegitimate president and most of the left agree. Yet Trump saying that about Biden haha..

So yeah Biden the left have no clue what they are doing. 99+% are mega haha...yeah make America great. I can't be the only one that heard the left use the same exact words :) It ok for them but..la la land. Hes just pushing more to the right. Bring them together Joe

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Or more like the strategy of "divide and conquer", and calling it "unifying" while employing the art of psychological projection.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Or more like the strategy of "divide and conquer", and calling it "unifying" while employing the art of psychological projection.
I don't know why the "good" Republicans continue to shield and protect the rogues in their midst.

Why they shun the ones trying to reform a party badly in need of reform. Two of their speakers left politics in disgust--Paul Ryan and John Boehner.

And that was before MAGA...

Upvote 0