Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing in that verse says we are barred from taking Communion despite being Christians. Unless it is in the Bible explicity, the RCC is wrong.

You're right, I need to explicitly provide scripture to support what I am saying. In that light, expulsion would be the proper response from the Church under 1 Corinthians 5.

Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That chapter has nothing to do with Communion. Where does the Bible state Communion is only allowed if you never sin or support sin?

An excommunicated person cannot worship with the Body, and therefore cannot obviously take Communion either.

But here, if this does not convince you, I don't believe anything else may:

1 Corinthians 10

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

1 Corinthians 11

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0