Biden deflects yet again on court packing questions: 'I'm not going to play Trump's game'

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Whatever position I take on that, that’ll become the issue,' Biden said during Tuesday night's debate

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden once again avoided giving a straight answer on whether he would support packing the Supreme Court if elected, after making clear during Tuesday’s debate that he would not address the issue.

In a local news interview with Pittsburgh’s WTAE on Wednesday, anchor Shannon Perrine pressed Biden on the issue, noting that viewers wanted her to follow up on the question that went unanswered the night before. Biden gave a similar response.

“You know, that’s exactly what they want me to talk about so we don’t talk about how they’re violating the Constitution now,” Biden said. “I’m not going to play Trump’s game. Right now, my entire focus is seeing to it that the American people get a chance – the election has already started – to have their say on who the next Supreme Court justice is. And that’s what I’m focused on.”

Biden was then asked how Republicans are violating the Constitution.

Continued below.
Biden deflects yet again on court packing questions: 'I'm not going to play Trump's game'

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How utterly disingenuous. Is anyone actually fooled by this?

It reminds me of Jill Biden's response to Jake Tapper's brutally dogged line of questioning on the issue of Joe's unceasing gaffes:

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But you know that really is an answer. It says when I do sign on to doing it in the future nobody can go back and say I didn't say I wouldn't do it, or encourage it. I mean if he had any strong conviction he wouldn't encourage it he would have said so. Trump just needs to continually remind the American people what that really means as a perfect example of Biden's not being transparent on something Americans REALLY want to know. He should say, "Come on man! (as Joe likes that statement) Why not tear down that stone wall so all can see where you stand!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How utterly disingenuous. Is anyone actually fooled by this?

It reminds me of Jill Biden's response to Jake Tapper's brutally dogged line of questioning on the issue of Joe's unceasing gaffes:

And I'm sure the idea to do so came from advisors. To be drawn into answers takes away from their narratives, in other words never, never, never allow yourself to be put on the defensive. Risky play for them to do this for they run the chance that the greater numbers will find this disgusting. It shows an absolute unwillingness to address what's on people's minds. For even CNN to ask the question shows they agree it is too. Oh well. If Biden loses the election this one thing will be added to the heap of other items of why he lost. Their choice. Let's see how it turns out.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Biden will be all too willing to condemn Court packing if in a few weeks it is found to be hurting his numbers - the same way his condemnation, weak as it was, of the rioting came months too late and only when the media began losing its power to manufacture positive public opinion on the issue.

Upvote 0