United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fact Checked:

In a speech to service members and first responders on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, President Joe Biden falsely claimed that he was at Ground Zero the day after the Twin Towers fell in Manhattan.​
Biden, returning from a whirlwind trip to Asia, said in his Monday remarks at a military base in Alaska: “I join you on this solemn day to renew our sacred vow: never forget. Never forget. We never forget. Each of us – each of those precious lives stolen too soon when evil attacked. Ground Zero in New York – I remember standing there the next day, and looking at the building. And I felt like I was looking through the gates of hell, it looked so devastating because of the way – from where you could stand.”​
Facts First: Biden was not at Ground Zero the day after 9/11. He actually went to Ground Zero nine days after the attacks.

Another false claim about his own past​

It’s possible, of course, that Biden genuinely misremembered when his visit to Ground Zero occurred. As president, though, he has repeatedly made false claims about his past.

Reactions: Vambram

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
As somebody who is well aware of biblical criticism, if that's your standard for telling faleshood, you'ld better throw out most of the Gospels...

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fact Checked:

In a speech to service members and first responders on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, President Joe Biden falsely claimed that he was at Ground Zero the day after the Twin Towers fell in Manhattan.​
Biden, returning from a whirlwind trip to Asia, said in his Monday remarks at a military base in Alaska: “I join you on this solemn day to renew our sacred vow: never forget. Never forget. We never forget. Each of us – each of those precious lives stolen too soon when evil attacked. Ground Zero in New York – I remember standing there the next day, and looking at the building. And I felt like I was looking through the gates of hell, it looked so devastating because of the way – from where you could stand.”​
Facts First: Biden was not at Ground Zero the day after 9/11. He actually went to Ground Zero nine days after the attacks.

It’s possible, of course, that Biden genuinely misremembered when his visit to Ground Zero occurred. As president, though, he has repeatedly made false claims about his past.
He no longer remembers a lot of things. But the media keeps cleaning up for him.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, after it was all tidied up and there was nothing to see.

All cleaned up? You do realize the clean up took 10 months, not 10 days. This is especially true since the first several days were used to attempt to rescue and recovery efforts -- not clean up. There was 1.8 million tons of debris; it was days after Biden's visit that they removed the first 100,000 tons (about the first five percent) and May before the last of the heaviest debris was removed.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
All cleaned up? You do realize the clean up took 10 months, not 10 days. This is especially true since the first several days were used to attempt to rescue and recovery efforts -- not clean up. There was 1.8 million tons of debris; it was days after Biden's visit that they removed the first 100,000 tons (about the first five percent) and May before the last of the heaviest debris was removed.
I suspect that @durangodawood was being sarcastic. (Poe's law and all that.)

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry bout that, Tinker was right. I think anyone there 9 days later saw the aftermath pretty much as well as one day after.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry bout that, Tinker was right. I think anyone there 9 days later saw the aftermath pretty much as well as one day after.
Sorry, too hard sometimes to tell, I guess part of why Nathan Poe is still remembered here (and he is missed).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

The first couple of days they were looking for survivors and collecting human body parts... otherwise, Biden's description would hardly be different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It does not change the fact he lied

It's not a lie. A lie involves a malicious or deceitful intention. He may not remember that time period perfectly. I know I don't, and I'm only a little over half of Biden's age.

If you think Biden is lying, then you'ld have to treat much of the Gospels as also a lie, as you can find similar things in the New Testament accounts of Jesus' ministry: disagreements about where and exactly how events took place.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not a lie. A lie involves a malicious or deceitful intention. He may not remember that time period perfectly. I know I don't, and I'm only a little over half of Biden's age.
No - he was on the floor of the Senate on 9/12 - even MSN is acknowledging it in a fact check.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is part of a patter of Joe making history up for years - so the 'old man' excuse just doesn't wash

from the article in the OP

He did it three times in a single speech last month – falsely claiming to have witnessed a bridge collapse in Pittsburgh in 2022 (he actually visited the site more than six hours after the collapse), falsely claiming his grandfather had died just days prior to his own birth at the same hospital (his paternal grandfather died more than a year prior in another state), and again repeating a long-debunked false story about a supposed conversation with an Amtrak conductor who was deceased at the time the story would have had to take place.​

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here also:

In 2021 and 2022, he falsely claimed to have been arrested during a civil rights protest (he had previously said merely that an officer had taken him home from a protest), falsely claimed he “used to drive an 18-wheeler” (the White House said he once had a job driving a different vehicle, a school bus), falsely claimed to have visited the Pittsburgh synagogue where worshippers were killed in a 2018 mass shooting (he had spoken to its rabbi by phone but had not gone), falsely claimed to have visited Iraq and Afghanistan as president (he made repeated visits as a senator and vice president but not as president), told a false story involving a late relative and the Purple Heart, and falsely described his interactions decades ago with late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir.​

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And here also:

In 2021 and 2022, he falsely claimed to have been arrested during a civil rights protest (he had previously said merely that an officer had taken him home from a protest), falsely claimed he “used to drive an 18-wheeler” (the White House said he once had a job driving a different vehicle, a school bus), falsely claimed to have visited the Pittsburgh synagogue where worshippers were killed in a 2018 mass shooting (he had spoken to its rabbi by phone but had not gone), falsely claimed to have visited Iraq and Afghanistan as president (he made repeated visits as a senator and vice president but not as president), told a false story involving a late relative and the Purple Heart, and falsely described his interactions decades ago with late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir.​
Yeah its weird, these little fabrications.

Im not gonna lose sleep over it tho.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Fact Checked:

So the big hubbub is he was there 8 days later than he claimed?
Finally, a high crime and misdemeanor.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No - he was on the floor of the Senate on 9/12 - even MSN is acknowledging it in a fact check.
All that shows is that his statement was false. Not all false statements are lies - as pointed out, a lie is a deliberate misstatement of fact. Functionally, I don't see why it matters in context for him to say that he was at the WTC on September 12th vs September 20th. It would be one thing if he had never visited, or had waited until the rubble had been cleared, but 8 days difference was not nearly enough for the impact to have faded or the horror of the day to have been forgotten, which is the sentiment that he was trying to convey.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
All that shows is that his statement was false. Not all false statements are lies - as pointed out, a lie is a deliberate misstatement of fact. Functionally, I don't see why it matters in context for him to say that he was at the WTC on September 12th vs September 20th. It would be one thing if he had never visited, or had waited until the rubble had been cleared, but 8 days difference was not nearly enough for the impact to have faded or the horror of the day to have been forgotten, which is the sentiment that he was trying to convey.
Straws, gotta grab ‘em while the getting’s good!

• Agree
Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0