Biden administration under fire after Pentagon requests $114 million for diversity, equity

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, this is good.

At least the DoD won't be wasting money on frivolous, unnecessary nonsense like weapons, tanks, ships, missiles, ammunition, things like that.
1f644.png

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, this is good.

At least the DoD won't be wasting money on frivolous, unnecessary nonsense like weapons, tanks, ships, missiles, ammunition, things like that.
1f644.png
I am doubting whether the US military is actually ready for a war. Their feelings might be hurt.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am doubting whether the US military is actually ready for a war. Their feelings might be hurt.
As things stand right now, they aren't. They can maintain for peacekeeping duties and low-impact missions, but an outright war like World War II or even Vietnam is beyond the capabilities of the current DoD. All of the higher-ranking echelon who knew what they were doing have been purged under Obama and Biden, and what we have left are Woke snowflakes who worry more about pronouns and diversity than they do about strategies and tactics.

Here's an article I ran across this morning which goes into a lot of why our military is not up to snuff, to say the least. It has less to do with the military itself and a lot more to do with the culture at large, I am sad to say.

Overwhelming Number of Americans Would Not Volunteer to Fight if US Entered Major Conflict: Poll​

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As things stand right now, they aren't. They can maintain for peacekeeping duties and low-impact missions, but an outright war like World War II or even Vietnam is beyond the capabilities of the current DoD. All of the higher-ranking echelon who knew what they were doing have been purged under Obama and Biden, and what we have left are Woke snowflakes who worry more about pronouns and diversity than they do about strategies and tactics.

Here's an article I ran across this morning which goes into a lot of why our military is not up to snuff, to say the least. It has less to do with the military itself and a lot more to do with the culture at large, I am sad to say.

Overwhelming Number of Americans Would Not Volunteer to Fight if US Entered Major Conflict: Poll​

What percentage of our armed forces are officers? I'll bet you it's a huge percentage. Could I hazard a guess that it would be at least 40%? I get it that some non-commissioned officers can be a good thing but I suspect we have a lot of new DEI officers now who would not even know how to die for their country, let alone pick up a gun, would have no interest at all in that, and would more than likely consider this country not worth saving.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What percentage of our armed forces are officers? I'll bet you it's a huge percentage. Could I hazard a guess that it would be at least 40%? I get it that some non-commissioned officers can be a good thing but I suspect we have a lot of new DEI officers now who would not even know how to die for their country, let alone pick up a gun, would have no interest at all in that, and would more than likely consider this country not worth saving.
I found out that in 2021 enlisted to officers ratio was 4.7 to 1, so about 18% officers. Still awfully high.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does it cost money to create a "climate of inclusion"..? Someone please tell me what the $114 million is going towards exactly..?

..Because IMO, these politicians make it seem like the more money you throw at something automatically means you've done more for that cause. Realistically, more money does not mean more accomplishments.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why does it cost money to create a "climate of inclusion"..? Someone please tell me what the $114 million is going towards exactly..?

..Because IMO, these politicians make it seem like the more money you throw at something automatically means you've done more for that cause. Realistically, more money does not mean more accomplishments.
It allows them to have more staff, and consequently need bigger offices, with nice new furniture, and bigger end-of-year party budgets. Don't under-rate spending gobs of money on something. Played right it can mean career building for hundreds of people.

• Wow
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It allows them to have more staff, and consequently need bigger offices, with nice new furniture, and bigger end-of-year party budgets. Don't under-rate spending gobs of money on something. Played right it can mean career building for hundreds of people.
Career building for hundreds of people, lol.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I mean, I wouldn't fight and die for the Divided States of Transgenderism, but for different reasons. Let it burn like Rome and hopefully something better rises from the ashes. Let the whole West burn for all I care.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean, I wouldn't fight and die for the Divided States of Transgenderism, but for different reasons. Let it burn like Rome and hopefully something better rises from the ashes. Let the whole West burn for all I care.
Thankfully, transgenderism doesn't effect my life, or the lives of my children. What I would like to see are stronger politicians who support American citizens economically, along with all the freedoms and liberties. But yes, the social directives are not the business of the government, aside from the legalities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m getting to that point in my thinking. We had something good here. Past tense. Can what is left be reclaimed or do we need to start all over. I donno. I just know starting over would be so messy. Messier than a rescue intervention? I donno. I can’t actively want all of that mess, with the pain and bloodshed and all. Not that it won’t happen anyhow, but I can’t celebrate it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thankfully, transgenderism doesn't effect my life, or the lives of my children. What I would like to see are stronger politicians who support American citizens economically, along with all the freedoms and liberties. But yes, the social directives are not the business of the government, aside from the legalities.
They ARE the favored activity of governments these days though. Government should allow us to live, and otherwise restrict individual freedoms as little as possible. Instead we have a nanny state. Another name for that is totalitarianism. Creeping totalitarianism anyway.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m getting to that point in my thinking. We had something good here. Past tense. Can what is left be reclaimed or do we need to start all over. I donno. I just know starting over would be so messy. Messier than a rescue intervention? I donno. I can’t actively want all of that mess, with the pain and bloodshed and all. Not that it won’t happen anyhow, but I can’t celebrate it.

My sister and I were discussing this with some relatives this last weekend at a late-Thanksgiving get-together at my niece's home. She said she thought we are probably going to end up with a dictator. (She tends to lean very liberal, however, so I think when she says "dictator", she's probably thinking of someone like Trump.)

My thoughts were a little more complex. I said what I saw in our future was either A: a complete economic meltdown and collapse; B: an expanding third world war; or C: a fluid rebellion against any authority advocating laws disliked by whatever segment of society, leading to a breakdown of national cohesion and resulting in anarchy----or, more likely, some combination of all three.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My sister and I were discussing this with some relatives this last weekend at a late-Thanksgiving get-together at my niece's home. She said she thought we are probably going to end up with a dictator. (She tends to lean very liberal, however, so I think when she says "dictator", she's probably thinking of someone like Trump.)

My thoughts were a little more complex. I said what I saw in our future was either A: a complete economic meltdown and collapse; B: an expanding third world war; or C: a fluid rebellion against any authority advocating laws disliked by whatever segment of society, leading to a breakdown of national cohesion and resulting in anarchy----or, more likely, some combination of all three.
All we need is a fair sized solar storm pointed directly at the earth to stick us back in the stone age. Or a nuclear war where the majority of bombs were high altitude EMP bursts. Either way. That would do the economic meltdown, and some wars would result, and hunger would bring about anarchy pretty fast.

I think it's probable that we get a significant solar storm if we don't have some nuclear EMP by somebody first. Even if we didn't, your other scenarios of a growing war or just the continued loss of cohesion seem quite possible.

I don't think I relish any of the possibilities.

I do think the dictator possibility is real enough. We now have the surveillance and monitoring technology to make dictatorship effective. And I think it would be about 60:40 left wing vs right wing probability.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(She tends to lean very liberal, however, so I think when she says "dictator", she's probably thinking of someone like Trump.)

It REALLY cracks me up ... this false narrative the Leftist media continues to push,, that Trump will be a dictator!
^_^

Projection, projection, projection ...

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1f644.png

Our enemies must be very happy with the insanity they see happening in America ...

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0