Biblical weaning age?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Breastfeeding is a joy and great time for both you and the child.

When my little one was three months old, my girlfriend was raped and murdered. The shock stopped the milk and for seven days I tried to restore it but to no avail. My little one could not understand why it just quit like that, and tried everything she could to get it to work again. It was when she was nine years old, that she was old enought to understand, it was not me who was rejecting her, but the shock of the loss of a friend in such a horrible way that caused the milk to dry up.

Second child was more fortunate in that I was able to breastfeed until she decided that she had enough and wanted to be a big girl.

Upvote 0

Kitty-Kat

Jan 2, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely loved reading this thread! I am excited about becoming a member of this Forum - Joy in the Lord Jesus to all!
I was blessed with the ability to breastfeed my three children, but not without difficulties. My firstborn suffered with the inability to gulp, or drink fast, so when I would let down (which was painful) he would nearly drown. He stopped nursing at 7 or 8 months. I never connected it until I became a grandma and watched my daughter breastfeed her firstborn. My second child was excellent at nursing, but she chose to stop breastfeeding at 9 months, which broke my heart in one sense, but was a relief to me as she was a persistent biter (when her teeth came in) - deliberately. My third and last child was also excellent at nursing, he nursed so hard that it caused me to tear, so that was extremely painful, but I continued despite. I was able to nurse him for 2 years and 2 months, which was such a blessing. I say it was a blessing to be able to nurse my children because my mother tried nursing each and every one of her 7 children, but only had what the doctors call, "blue milk"; it broke her heart. On the subject of when weaning takes place, I want to mention that to wean a child could also include that they be able to use the facilities by themselves, and be able to communicate; just a thought. :)

Upvote 0