http://sarabe3.tripod.com/israeliteimages.html
This is how the Israelites Captives of the Assyrians looked like
assyrian-jews-captivity.jpg

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Jesus/Jesus.htm
This is how the original Moses and Israelites looked like
Dura_Europos_3.jpg

Jesus with curly hair on an authentic coin
Jesus_coin_2.jpg

People who live in Israel are called Jews but they are not necessarily the Israelites
The Israelites are the descendant of Abraham Ishak and Jacob (12 Tribes)

This is a very good vid.

Moses was mistakenly guessed as an Egyptian
Exodus 2:19 And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.

Jesus was hidden in Egypt because the same colour skin/black

Paul was mistaken as an Egyptian
Act 21:38 "Aren't you the Egyptian who started a revolt and led four thousand terrorists out into the wilderness some time ago?"

orthodox-jews-3.jpg

The Ashkenazi Jews are not descendant of Abraham Ishak and Jacob
but the descendat of Japheth--Gomer==Ashkenaz
Genesis 10:3 and the Sons of Gomer: ASHKENAZ,,,,,,,,

curses on the Israelites

spiritually%2Begypt_edited-1.jpg

Deut 28: 68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Jesus bless u all HalleluYAH

Last edited:

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Ethiopians thought to be white now?

Because Moses married an ethiopian woman

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

And their skin is mentioned in the scripture

Jerm 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

And Marian and Aaron spoke against Moses in doing that and the anger of the Lord was kindled over that followed by Miriam skin's being changed here where it says, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Ethiopians thought to be white now?

And their skin is mentioned in the scripture

Jerm 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

I have no idea, can u explain that ?

Upvote 0

slp40

Mar 4, 2014
✟8,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I have been curious about his for a while now. i have researched it also and it seems to be strong evidence this is the case. What I am a little confused about is if we are referring to African's as being part of the twelve tribes, because there are numerous ethnicities that are dark skinned. I have seen older paintings of dark skinned Israelites, but their features did not look African to me. I am not trying to sound ignorant, just curious. If anyone can offer some more information I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I have been curious about his for a while now. i have researched it also and it seems to be strong evidence this is the case.
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace;
35b81d1c46506f851d098cf818794154.jpg

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool,
Wool-on-animal.jpg

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There's no reason to believe the Israelites were Sub-Saharan Africans anymore than that they were Northern Europeans or East Asians. They were a Semitic people related to other Semitic groups of the Levant.

That there was likely some Sub-Saharan influence on the populations of the Levant seems perfectly reasonable given that the history of Egypt's relationship with Nubia and Ethiopia, and the exchanges that would have taken place between Egypt and the Levant. But such exchanges would involve an influence on all Levantine peoples, not merely ancient Israelites.

As far as concerns "modern Israelites" there certainly are Sub-Saharan African Jews, a prime example being Beta Israel, the historic Jews of Ethiopia, most of whom are now living in modern Israel. Just as there are white Jews, the Ashkenazim--the historic Jews of Eastern Europe--being an example. Genetic studies demonstrate that among various Jewish groups of the Diaspora there does, in fact, exist a shared genetic heritage with Mizrahim (the historic Jews of the Middle East) and other Middle Eastern people groups, Arabs being an obvious example.

That is to say, genetically speaking the different Jewish communities that are part of the Diaspora do, in fact, show a genetic link with Middle Eastern peoples.

Which is to say, quite comfortably, that various nonsense theories about Jewish origins are, just that, nonsense. Of course being Jewish or Israelite was never about one's genes (which weren't discovered until modern times) or one's geneology; but about God's covenant. The story of Ruth is a pretty clear example of this, Ruth was a Moabite woman who becomes part of the covenant people of Israel by accepting the covenant and instructions; and she is listed as an ancestor of King David without controversy. Being a part of the people of God has never been about blood or skin color, but about God's covenant and promises. And according to Christianity God's covenant and promises are found in and through the person of Jesus Christ, and thus the Church. Thus for a follower of Jesus the entire premise of this thread ought to be regarded as, ultimately, meaningless. Though it remains, simply, factually untrue and thus deserves to be debunked and dismissed as such.

And as far as "curly hair" goes on Byzantine coinage, it may help to understand 6th/7th century Byzantine fashion, here's an image of Sts. Sergios and Bacchos from the same period:

byzantium_pair.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool

It's always been interesting to me to read from "Jesus was Black" fans that they think this verse indicates that his hair was curly when the verse plainly states that his hair WAS WHITE LIKE WOOL (is white). It doesn't say that it was curly like wool is.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's always been interesting to me to read from "Jesus was Black" fans that they think this verse indicates that his hair was curly when the verse plainly states that his hair WAS WHITE LIKE WOOL (is white). It doesn't say that it was curly like wool is.

I was going to say and I said, nah, dont go there^_^

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is the oldest depiction of Mary and Jesus, history evidence speaks by itself.
Black_Madonna_22.jpg

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thus for a follower of Jesus the entire premise of this thread ought to be regarded as, ultimately, meaningless. Though it remains, simply, factually untrue and thus deserves to be debunked and dismissed as such.

This thread discuss about the black Israelites, not about the follower of Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is the oldest depiction of Mary and Jesus, history evidence speaks by itself.

Got anything to say about the misuse of "14 His head and his hairs were white like wool...?"

THAT's what I was talking about.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got anything to say about the misuse of "14 His head and his hairs were white like wool...?"

John can use other white objects like salt, milk, paper, clothes etc to describe His hair as white
but He used wool cause the truth is there .

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
John can use other white objects like salt, milk, paper, clothes etc to describe His hair as white
but He used wool cause the truth is there .

I'm sorry, but that rationalization doesn't hold up, because he explicitly states that the hair is WHITE like a lamb's wool. If he had made an unspecific comparison, you might have room to speculate on his meaning, but there's none in that verse.

What this points to is the sloppy and self-serving reasoning that underlies most of these kinds of claims.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0